For our family holidays, we were looking for a moderate hotel / new property. Upon reading good reviews on Trip Advisor, we directly booked Woodberry Resorts, Ooty. Overall our experience did not meet our expectations.
Our initial booking was for 1 room with extra bed for kids. The good thing was that upon arrival, Mr. George offered and later upgraded us to 2 bedroom + dining room apartment.
The picture on the website is totally misleading. It’s just an artist’s perspective / architect drawing for the building. Otherwise, it is located on steep road surrounded by buildings.
We actually booked considering that it is a green “resort” with garden view “cottages” but were totally disappointed. This property is actually 3 separate buildings connected with Iron staircases (temporary ?), with rooms at different levels – maze like. One of the room was converted into a make-shift reception. There is no restaurant. This is more like a service apartment and not suitable for family stay.
See the pictures:
- No hot water in wash basin – a must in cold weather
- No House-keeping at all !!! see the bed, sofa, washbasin.
- Small Flat TV is placed exactly in the room corner. Not convenient to view at all.
- Electrical work incomplete. Wires hanging from ceiling.
- New property but water seepage / paint peeling
Mr. Alex was a good help. Assisted well with our baggage on those iron staircases.
If you are looking for a resort / cottage stay, you would be disappointed at Woodberry Resorts.
- Also Known As:
- Woodberry Residency India/Ooty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in the heart of Ooty, but in a serene place where you can restore your souls. A brand new haven in Ooty which provides you a tranquil stay away from all the disturbances of the city. You can find your inner peace while staying in our place.Our motto is to give maximum service to our customers to retain the loyalty for the future.Woodberry Residency....where you can live completely. ... more less