I visited the Resort in December 2012 as part of My Cycling Journey through the Nilgiris.
The resort is a bit far from the main town of ooty.
Situated in Lovedale village near Ooty it offers spectacular views.
The construction is still underway but most of the rooms are nice, cosy and spacious too.
The restaurant serves all kinds of food and is a great place to have evening tea at.
The approach road is bad and its too steep too..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched at one of the highest points in Ooty, this resort has an amazing view of the Nilgiris. Sterling Holidays Fern Hill is set in an alluring scenic location, surrounded on all sides by the ethereal beauty of the Nilgiri Hills. The resort’s sloping roofs and terracotta tiles are reminiscent of the quaint charm of a bygone era. With a heady mix of comfort and tranquility, spending time within the resort is as attractive an option as venturing into the idyllic mountainside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ooty - Fern Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Fernhill Hotel Ootacamund
- Sterling Resorts Ooty
- Days Inn Fernhill
- Days Inn Ootacamund
- Sterling Resort Ooty
- Ootacamund Days Inn
- Ooty - Fern Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort India