“Memorable holidays” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delightz Inn

You added Delightz Inn to your Saves list
Delightz Inn
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Belmonte terrace, Tiger hill road | Melthalayatimund, Ooty 643001, India   |
Offers & Announcements
Early Bird Avail 10%Flat
Ranked #3 of 77 Ooty B&B and Inns
Bangalore
“Memorable holidays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had a pleasant 2 days stay in delightz inn. After a long time I woke up hearing sound of birds. Since we liked calm holidays,we preffered to stay in hotel which had nice view and climate rather than going to crowded ooty . We carried badminton rackets along with us and played in the loan opposite to the hotel. Eventhough ground was uneven and wind was there, we enjoyed playing. Breakfast didnot have much options, but food was nice.Hot water was there and rooms were pretty large.. literelly a 1BHK :). It was nice to have hot soup and watch Diwali crackers at night and morning tea from balcony.TV was not working.. had some electrical issues.. but that doesn't matter as we didn't go thr to watch TV.

Thanks a lot delightz for giving us memorable holidays ..

Room Tip: Ask for first floor rooms with balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We traveled from Melbourne via Kolkata and enjoyed our stay in October. Its on a hill top with a good view of the surrounding hills. Garden is well maintained with plants and flowers from cold climate. Room (no 113) spacious and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good - served in the room- plenty to eat. Approach road is, however, not at all good, but once you reach the property the view is worth the trouble. Need to have own transport. Its far from the madding crowd. Choose room with garden view.

Room Tip: Room with garden view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Yes the hotel is really good and service is extremely good. Need to mention in special is delicious food and the etiquette and humble staff.

Only thing i wanted to point is that the room booked by us was front side ,but we have been offered back side room. It was changed later after our request. But before check in this should be checked by the staff..anyways we checked in very late after 11 PM, may be that time it didn't get highlighted.

But overall the quality of service, food ,locations is excellencet.

Room Tip: Rooms on the garden facing are good and warm.
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pros: Excellent location, delicious food and well etiquette staff
Cons: Not properly checked whether hotel amenities are working before check in.
Missed my 1 ltr Milton flask from hotel room.

After reading lots of review in TripAdvisor I decided to book a room in Delightz Inn. Later my three other friends also joined and I booked for them also. I have called up in advance and told I will be check in by 12:00 PM on 01/11/2013 and requested them to make the room ready. When i reached they have given 4 rooms located in one block. I felt very comfortable with their behavior and everything was as promised. After check-in one of my friend has noticed flush is not properly working in the toilet, then he shifted to other room in the next blcok. In my room TV was not working I told them to get it rectified. They responded well and they came immediately and check it out. But couldn't able to correct it. I just ignored TV because the location which we were put in was awesome to forget anything. Next day morning when we went out for sightseeing I told manager that TV is not working and please make it working. He told he will check it out. But nothing happened the TV was in status quo and I missed all actions of Bangalore one day. I checked with the boy he told some signal problem and electrician will come tomorrow. Atleast they could have noted my complaint seriously in second day and could have rectified ity.
One more problem occurred is my 1 liter Milton Flask gone missing when i came back to room after sightseeing. I told them that its missing, but they were not able to locate it. Hence travelers are advised to keep their flask if it is Milton separately since resorts is also using the same brand chance of mix is there.
There was also some problem with geyser hence hot water was not available evening time in toilets
Apart from these incidents all other things were fine. Room is neat and clean. Good service and excellent food.
Sreejith Sadanandan, Bangalore

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ArunRadhaKrishnan, Executive Director at Delightz Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to Share your feedback.We really appreciate your kind words, it means so much to us to get such great acknowledgement. As stated,your Milton flask was been taken by our Housekeeping team for cleaning process (since We too Use Milton Flask).We came to know about this,only post your check out.At regular intervals we tried out with your provided contact number for sending back the flask.At all these times,your Mobile was under Not Reachable.So,we wouldnt able to reach it out.one day back,We got alternate number & same was conveyed by our Front Office Executive Mr.Ramesh.We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

We are looking forward to have you with us again !

Regards
Arun RadhaKrishnan
Executive Director
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My parents came to visit me in Bangalore and I decided to gift them a holiday tour to Ooty. I could not visit with them due to my work pressure and therefore was worried about their hotel stays. As always, I visited Tripasvisor.com to get quality reviews from fellow travellers.
I found Delightz Inn got very good review feedbacks and therefore booked it. My decision was totally dependent on the review feedback and since my parents were visiting alone, I was a bit worried about they stay.
However, all my worries turned into smile when I got feedback from my parents. They absolutely loved the hotel accommodation and facilities. There is no better feeling than to see our loved ones happy. Thanks to Tripadvisor and fellow reviewers who provided such nice reviews that helped me to find such a nice hotel. Also, Kudos to Delightz Inn, Keep up the good work.

I am listing down some Pros and cons of the hotel as suggested by parents -
Travel Date: 16-Oct-13
Room booked: Deluxe Suite Room
Pros:
1. Extra Large rooms
2. Nice food and well maintained rooms
3. Courteous staff
4. Hotel is at the top of a small hill so it provides very nice ambiance and scene

Cons:
1. It is a bit far far from city and accessible for only those who have their own vehicles. However, It is a pros for me as when I go to a hill station from a crowded place like Bangalore, I want a calm and silent place to stay.
2. Approach road is in a bit bad condition. But the stretch is not too long.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Nice B&B stay with a very good view towards the valley.
Great locality. Customer friendly employees. Good Food.
Overall a nice place to stay with family.Little far from the city. Nice quiet place. Food served in the rooms itself as there is no restaurant. Neat and Tidy rooms. Large rooms.

Room Tip: Choose first floor rooms with good view to the valley.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Calangute, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

a perfect place for honeymoon couples, stayed here for 2 nights, the view was good, and rooms service was also very prompt.
rooms has all basic facilities and are big enough to accommodate a family as they also have a living room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Delightz Inn? Share your experiences!