“Good Budget Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ponmari Residencyy

You added Ponmari Residencyy to your Saves list
Ponmari Residencyy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26 D, Kotagiri Road | Charring Cross, Ooty 643001, India   |
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Ooty
pune
“Good Budget Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

The overall experience at Hotel Ponmari Residency is quite satisfactory.

We reached earlier than our Check-in time. Our room was made available within 30'. There was an issue about foul smell in the bathroom, it took many reminders and one day to be solved. The qulaity of chinese non-veg food is okay, but generally food is expensive. North indian veg food qulaity is not so good. There was an incidence of double chraging of one food bill. It took some time to convince the manager to get a refund from my credit card debit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I stayed in the hotel with my wife for a week during April-May 2010. The check-in was very prompt( reservation done by me in Feb iteself, so non-peak rates were applied) The location is great as the major tourist attraction, BOTANICAL GARDENS, is very close by. The hotel is very near to the bazaar area, CHARING CROSS. Both veg and non-veg food is excellent. Only thing missing is a BAR in the hotel. Appears they are planning to start one soon. Over all the experience was good and we would love to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Bangalore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Terrible experience. Booked 15 days in advance, called up and talked to front desk Mr Vishwanathan. He confirmed my booking. 1 day before starting again called and checked, they said confirmed booking. Reached hotel late afternoon all jittery from a long drive with wife and kid. Amazed they were denied I had a reservation done. They checked some register and informed me, I had never called. I still insisted and they were ready to give me a standard room (I had reserved a delux room) for a day.

When I argued they even took away the option of standard room, Insulted me and literally asked me to get out of there. it was a long weekend holiday with 2 april being a friday and holiday a swarm of tourists had come to Ooty. I went around many many hotels before I could have a lunch. My Kid was hungry all throughout this search.

The whole trip was marred with this incident. what was to be a recreational time, we spent harrowing in hotels without view and cleanliness.

I agree the rooms etc are good however reception staff have made a long back advance reservation a joke. I wish you luck if you are doing an advance reservation over phone.

Besides, when I did reserve I had offered them advance payment in whatever means they wanted, to which they said it was not required.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Service was good and the ambiance was also very good. location was also good. Food I liked the most. Only thing which worried me was outside food was not allowed. The toilet flusher was not working and was not repaired even when i complained to one attendant. Later when I was checking out I was told that I had to push the plusher hard.
Over all the hotel was worth staying.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ponmari Residencyy? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ponmari Residencyy

Address: 26 D, Kotagiri Road | Charring Cross, Ooty 643001, India
Location: India > Tamil Nadu > Ooty
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#9 Family Hotel in Ooty
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ponmari Residencyy 2.5*
Hotel in Ooty. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Ponmari Residencyy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ponmari Residencyy India/Ooty

If you own or manage Ponmari Residencyy, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.