“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 71 Hotels in Ooty
Munich, Germany
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed there in December during high season. First we tried Hotel Maneck and the guy there was very helpful and got us a room at the Residency. Price was okay but staff there hardly spoke any English. The room was big enough and gave a clean impression. We gave them our laundry and from first promising to get it back 6p.m it moved up to 10p.m., then to 9a.m. when we got it still wet. They dried it again but it stank afterwards more than before. We stayed right at the first floor were it was very loud as the window was shared with the neighboring room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The place is good with good service.I have been there twice and liked the hotel stay

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Been here twice-Once by fate, once by choice
Decided to pack off to ooty with my family on one extended weekend two years back.-Very bad decision-Ooty was packed-We couldn't find any hotel-with crowds waiting outside. Luckily we came across this hotel and they had just got one room vacated.I got a deluxe double room with an additional sofa bed for Rs. 2500/night. Seemed expensive but the room was ok. The location is within the city and close to market and railway station. Since it's within the city, there is no view from any room.The double bed was comfortable and they had an LCD TV. Bathrooms were ok. They had also put up a english style cap and umbrella in the rooms-we took photos wearing that one. However this hotel has no food service and pathetic room service. At night we came in around 9PM and these people informed they can't serve any food. we had to do with bread and biscuits as we were too tired to go out. We had requested additional bedsheets and blankets which came after nearly two hours of constant reminding and were not so clean.Also all attendants seem to vanish at night. Thankfully we got hot water in morning. Just stayed there for a day.

Next visit- 7 months back. Visited ooty with some of my relatives on weekdays. Since i had stayed here before, i decided to check this out. Same room available at Rs 1000, after some bargaining, the manager gave us two room at 900 each. The rooms were similar though the cap and umbrella were gone. They still do not offer proper kitchen-they get food from some other hotel and that takes a long time and you have to order in advance. The room service has gone worse. The rooms were not so clean and they still take hours to send anybody and they seem to be perennially short of blankets and bedsheets. But given the price we got, i guess we can't ask much.

Room Tip: all rooms similar. If you are with kids try to get one with additional sofa bed
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Please if u are in a mood to spend ur good time in a heaven like OOTY then don't even think to go in this HOTEL called thing.The hotel manager was the worst person I have ever seen in my entire life.Charges were like that if I was being provided the luxurious hotel in the town.Condition of room was like hell when I checked-in,things were smelling like we were on the shore of garbage.When I asked for room freshner,I had been told to wait for a while but spray did come after meals means after 5 hours.I was not able to change that hotel b'coz I paid the entire amount in the advance at make-my-trip after seeing the picture of that hotel.The funniest thing was that the hotel I had been shown earlier,was not the same hotel,that was hotel "THE MANECK" not the " MANECK RESIDENCY" that is the other hotel at the other part of the road but of the same owner.This is the strategy they have made so that the hotel whatever a person usually see on the internet,he can never see the hotel like that after reaching there.A person suffering with the same issue was there when I was checking-out.Hotel manager was an egoist not a buisnessman,he was an absolute money minded person.I had been given hotel 'THE MANECK" in place of 'maneck residency",immediately after reaching there when I asked there that this is not the same room I had been shown earlier on internet,he was not ready to listen to that.I got shifted from there after taking the difference amount of Rs. 1200/- for two nights.It was ridiculous for me b'coz I was facing such issue first time in my life.My friend was staying in some other hotel in the same time,I can't tell u that what the environment he had been provided in that hotel & at just half rate.I told many of my friends to stay away from this hotel who were planning to come to OOTY in near future.This is my humble request as a human to not to visit this place b'coz this place is really not for humans.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
hyderabad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I booked the 3 rooms in the hotel by seeing the reviews about it. Confirmed the booking over phone also. While starting the journey, I informed the Manager Mr. Ranjeet of the Hotel. When I reached there, I found that only 2 rooms are booked and one room is not booked in my name. I argued and finally got the room.

The Manager is not professional and very rude person. The rooms are not clean. Bath rooms are unbearable. Toileteries are not provided. Towers are not wahed. The hotel has no restaurant.

The tariff is very very high. Good hotels with all excellent amenities are offering rooms with less tariff compared with this Maneck hotel.

It is a nightmare in that hotel. Our total trip was spoiled because of that hotel. Please Please don't go to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

had to ask for the bed sheets to be changed on arrival as they were dirty, modern room but damp.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

I booked the hotel after finding its telephone no. over the net. It was a nice stay. Though they charged a little extra. But hotel was good with aminities except a gyser in house. You had to wait for hot water.

Staff was very nice and friendly behaviour.

• Liked — ROom comfort.
  • Disliked — No gyser
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Maneck Residency? Share your experiences!