“Great place for a holiday getaway among nature” 4 of 5 stars
Review of I-India

You added I-India to your Saves list
I-India
3.0 of 5 Ranch   |   273, Granduff Road, Lovedale Post | Valley View, Ooty 643001, India   |
Ranked #5 of 107 Specialty Lodging in Ooty
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Great place for a holiday getaway among nature”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed in I-India Ooty during mid April 2013 along with my family. Overall we had a good time in this place. I personally liked the home like atmosphere. The place is located away from the busy Ooty town and has a good view from the front side of the hotel. The place is ideal for small get togeters with family and friends. The manager Sabi was very cordial and his assistant Jerry took good care of us right from the start till we left. Jerry was also quite helpfulu in suggesting places to visit in Ooty. The food was excellent. The other assistant Balu always served our needs with a smiling face. I will certainly go there again and would suggest friends and families about this place.
Regarding improvements, I have the following suggestions which can make the i-India hotel even better
a) The bathrooms could be improved further. Curtain rods are quite outdated and should be replaced
b) Room cleaneliness could be improved.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in India eco lodge. The location is really beautiful, with a wonderful view over the valley. It is a still place for nature's lovers and the ones who look for escaping the city. Staff is very smiling and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. Food is very good. The decoration is very charming. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

A very peaceful and relaxed place away from the hustle and bustle of the town.The view is just awesome with dense vegetation and numerous layers of mountains around.

Hospitality is worth an applause.Sabi, Jerry, Bala everyone out there were just awesome! The food served was delicious with Bala on his toes every now and then to make us feel at home.Simple food that preserved the flavour of each ingredient is worth a mention. Rooms were quite spacious with all basic amenities in place and are v well maintained.

On the first day, Sabi advised us to just go around the place since we were not among the usual tourist crowd :) The way down the lane towards Lovedale led us to rail track followed by a run beneath the tunnel and uphill walk back was like a fulfillment to childhood nostalgia.

Sabi put best of his efforts to guide us through all the beautiful spots around. To our surprise, the next morning we were well equipped with route guides on paper and a list of untouched spots to visit.

The homelike ambience and hospitality made us to extend our stay by a day.Altogether ,each penny u spend is worth!! Perfect place for nature lovers ! Looking forward for our next visit!! Cheerss.!! :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This resort is an excellent place for a group stay. We were a group of 14 ppl and had booked the entire resort(6 rooms).

The camp fire that they setup for us what good and enough logs were provided for the entire night.

Staff is extremely helpful and would address all of your requirements.

Food is quite expensive.

My personal view is that this is an excellent place for a group stay and wouldnt be so comfortable if there are other staying as the aisles are not so broad and rooms are close to each other.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

if you are going with your kid, my suggestion would be to Avoid this hotel, this is with my personal experience. If you check the prices it is very expensive, even in off season they charge too much for rooms. I found lots of hotels with cheaper than this with good view and best facilities. Food taste is very good but too expensive. But service, cleanliness & Location is really nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mysore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The view from this place is worth a million clicks. Calm, peaceful, perfect for a relaxing break. The staff set us up with a camp fire which just made the experience excellent. Away from the city and all the traffic, it is plus point rather than a negative. Well maintained rooms. Responsive and polite staff. Food was tasty. I will stay here next time I come to Ooty for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Upon our arrival, we were greeted with great warmth by Sabi and his staff; this welcome was extended throughout our stay. It seemed that they couldn't do enough for us. The views of Ketti Valley from this little guesthouse were breathtaking! We were given great advice about getting around the area, even being given lifts to Ketti and Lovedale station when we needed them and we thoroughly enjoyed the spectacular guided walk from Dodabetta back to I India. Our room was quite basic but spacious. Be prepared for very cold nights in the winter - ask for a room heater. The mattress could have been softer and the plumbing needed attention.

Room Tip: Rooms on the valley side have more light.