“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Madurai
Pune
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here on 7th and 8th March 2014 and I have nothing but praise for their service. The food was delicious. The room had a nice view of the city square without the noise. It was a very comfortable and pleasant stay.
My special thanks to Mr.Gopal (Travel Desk) for arranging a trustworthy, courteous and helpful taxi driver named Sethurama. As I was travelling alone from Madurai to Rameshwaram and back, this was a boon. Mr. Gopal instructed the driver to arrange for temple guides, who in turn arranged for English-speaking priests at all the temples I visited. Hence, I have very pleasant memories of both the temple towns.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice through Trip Advisor platform.

It is through valueable feedback like yours that we strive to exceed customer expectations.

In this instance, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for the support and cooperation. We are glad to have such a reliable and reputable partners as you are.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again.

C.Sujith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I usually stay at this Hotel whenever I visit Madurai for my professional work. This hotel makes us feel at home. Right from the receptionist to the bell boy everybody do their work with a smiling face. The food here is very good and affordable. Located at the heart of the city. Especially Mr. Ramesh in Reception will be very helpful if we need any help.

Room Tip: You can choose any side after the second floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Sir,

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Mumbai Indian
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

It is not good to feeling this iconic hotel deterioting during every visit.
Starting from the elevators...one elevator has the floor marble with cracks while other has chipped in wood, missing components in the electronic panel etc etc...the sight is not good.
The lobby was small but now they have made it smaller with one more curio shop and reducing the sitting place...difficult any body at the lobby.

Check in was very tedious...then the room card was not working.
The check out equally tedious...one person manning phone, check out , cash etc that too in the morning peak check out time.

The food is very so so... the waiters very much inexperienced.

Over all a sad stay to say the least

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

We understand that you have felt that our Hotel lost the charm and it is not that look as it was in 1970s. Please note, we are in the process of renovating all the guest areas and gradualy in all other areas of the Hotel also we are changing one of our guest lifts soon, you can see the change during your next visit.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, for the inconvenience you have faced during your recent stay with us, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Chetpet, Tamil Nadu, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights , definitely won't stay here or recommend it .its a bit old hotel (1970's )and it shows , bath rooms were very small, outdated, dirty. Food was horrible .i was made to regret staying in this hotels

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Sir,

We understand that you felt always our food quality is average hence,it would be greatful if you could tell us your food choice during your next visit so that we can demonstrate and present you food as per your taste also request you to experience our newly renovated rooms during your next visit at Fortune Pandiyan and share your views on it.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is just off a busy roundabout but is lovely and quiet and has a fine little pool. More could be made of the outside space with chairs and tables but I think it is often used for functions. Rooms are good, large and very clean and well serviced. The hotel caters for large groups and did not appear used to independent travellers. However the food was very good. Concierge service was variable with some staff having difficulty in understanding English.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Madam,,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing the positive points to my notice through Trip Advisor platform.

As you rightly said, we often use outside lawn space for large and small functions. But at times as per guest request we do use the out side space for their dinner session. Please note, we have noted your feed back on Concierge service and would definitly take immediate corrective action.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your team again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel is a good hotel choice in Madurai. As we arrived we were invited to participate in Pongal festivities/ displays, which was really nice. Rooms are very nice and clean, with kettle and complimentary tea/coffee.
We had the dinner buffet one night, which was good, and also the breakfast was good and varied.
There is a "business center" with 2 computers free of charge, but the WiFi was steep at 120 Rs for 1hr, or 400 Rs for 24hrs.
There is also a shopping center in about 5min walking distance (turn right and right, cross the road and then you see it).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Sir,

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your team again.

Ahmedabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have to stay being a club ITC member and regular at fortune hotels around the country this is probably my worst experience at any fortune property. The hotel is dated and food is not what you expect from fortune. It seems fortune is just running this hotel for namesake . They have taken over this old hotel from someone. However i dont think there are many options in Madurai

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Pandiyan Madurai.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that this matter is receiving my urgent personal attention and that the same will not occur again. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

It would be greatful if you could advice us in specific where we should improve in terms of food and service so that we can demonstrate the improvement on your next visit to Fortune Pandiyan.

C.Sujith

Been to Fortune Pandiyan Hotel? Share your experiences!