“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Madurai
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great hotel with lovely people. Home kind hospitality. Specially "Punitha Arasi" The house keeping. Hats off to the "Punitha" lady. Great food and lovely rooms. I really enjoyed the stay with my family.

The lovely darshan of Madurai Meenakshi temple and with the stay actually made my dream come true.

The health club was amazing. The staff, the facilities.. Would love to be back again. Hope the goddess is listening.

Hats off Fortune

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice through Trip Advisor platform.

It is through valueable feedback like yours that we strive to exceed customer expectations.

In this instance, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for the support and cooperation. We are glad to have such a reliable and reputable partners as you are.

C.Sujith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I really would be there in Pandiyan whenever i will be there in Madurai .. The Ambience will be good and moreover the Buffet Breakfast which really had improved in these days gives a good impression upon them .. The rooms are always fine as it is in the earlier days .. ITC had joined hands with the hotel to make it much more better ..

Really we can compare it with Pasumalai TAJ in Madurai .. Rather most of them prefer Pandiyan more than TAJ in Madurai .. May be there can be some competitions due to the breakthrough of GRT and other lavish hotels on the route to Madurai ..

Room Tip: Left Corner suites in the top floors
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

It is through valueable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

In this instance, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for the support and cooperation giving to us for the last several years. We are glad to have such a reliable and reputable partners as you are.

Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel staff are not interested in serving customers if they have made an online booking, they throw a cold shoulder for such bookings

instead banquet staff are really good and a specially and understands what hospitality is.

the plates kept in the restaurant during bfast were all dirty and when I requested for a clean plate the waiter rudely argued with me saying "its clean only sir". When I requested for a mangers intervention. he just made a dirty face and left the restaurant and disappeared for over ten minutes.

When I checked out the bell desk took my luggage down, bell boy again disappeared just before I was getting into my transport and I had to carry all my luggage myself.

there was no queue process followed during check in check out, hotel staff preferred serving the localites/regular at the hotels who came in totally drunk on that day and jumped the queue.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food (Breakfast) was good. The room service is quick to respond. The rooms were not very good. The bathrooms were clean but the age was showing in the fixtures and walls. There was not enough space to put in an extra bed though while booking had informed that we were travelling with two kids. Parking space is huge and available.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Madurai.

At Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Please note, currently we are at the stage of product upgradation and we have completed renovation of 25 rooms from the total inventory of 57 rooms. The next stage of rooms renovation will complete in due course of time. While I regret the inconvenience caused, I would request you to ask for a new room or a larger room during your next visit at Fortune Pandiyan.

We value your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Its been there for ages and its practically Brilliant. I've been to this Hotel since I was a child and its just been great. The food is amazing here (Except during my last visit where the buffet at the coffee shop was really bad).

Its a really nice place to stay in. Rooms are large, bed is comfortable, the hotel is strategically located at a great location. The staff is brilliant and helpful. I understand that they are making a few new changes now. That should help bring it back to the top where it belongs.

The welcome is nice and all the staff from the manager to the cleaner are just nice and helpful. My friends and I had a great time at the hotel. The pool was nice, but the changing rooms weren't great.

I would still recommend this hotel - atleast for its legacy. I believe that one should stay at the Pandyan Hotel if they are visiting the temple city.

Room Tip: The newly renovated rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2013

Pune
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Moment we checked in Hotel we realised our mistake, Hotel Reception staff was so confused to check us in, requested for attached rooms with Queen Bed, we were given two single beds in each room, Insects in Bathroom, Room Service never turned up on calls, I requested to meet Manager, But the guy was so shy and turned up after an hour of waiting at reception. Simply said we are renovating hotel so its usual thing. However i contacted ITC head office in Gurgaon and got an upgrade to Suite, But must say this is the worst property from ITC Hotels. Would not recommend anybody to stay there, well offcourse if one has lot of money to waste then its ok to do so and choose Fortune Pandiyan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced,we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

I do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Bangalore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my second stay at pandiyan... The first stay was three years ago... And I must say the standards have really fallen.
Service is really poor... Be prepared to wait for more than an hour for room service to deliver and pray really hard that the get the right order.
Also, if they have a party (and they had a rather large party on the day I was there), you will not get sleep on account of all the noise.
The rooms are decent... But you'll run out of warm water in the middle of your shower.
So, really, pull up your socks pandiyan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points through Trip Advisor platform.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

C.Sujith

Been to Fortune Pandiyan Hotel? Share your experiences!