“Let down” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Madurai
Bangalore
“Let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was my second stay at pandiyan... The first stay was three years ago... And I must say the standards have really fallen.
Service is really poor... Be prepared to wait for more than an hour for room service to deliver and pray really hard that the get the right order.
Also, if they have a party (and they had a rather large party on the day I was there), you will not get sleep on account of all the noise.
The rooms are decent... But you'll run out of warm water in the middle of your shower.
So, really, pull up your socks pandiyan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points through Trip Advisor platform.

we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

I do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

C.Sujith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nice hotel in a quite location, Breakfast is good(restaurant staff helped with more choises other than the one on the buffet), rooms where big and well equipped.
I had a welcome cake in my room, which was nice gesture. Staffs are friendly and helpful easy check inn and check out.
Hotel is a well known and one of the oldest property, compare to rest of the other big hotel in town this property is far better.

Things which can be improved, Pool was dirty compare to other star hotel quality and property shows signs of aging which needs to be improved for brand name.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice thorugh Trip Advisor platform.

While I regret the inconvinience caused at swimming pool, may I assure you that our pool cleanliness would be as per standard while on your next visit and it has been already taken care as well.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Well to start with checkin... they were very efficient and a very quick checkin. Rooms were nice, good moving space, nice lightings. However did not feel that ITC brand for some reason. Well no complains on that part the biggest let down for me was the AC. I was checked in 411 after spending a hour in the room at night I had to call the house keeping to see whats wrong as it was just not cooling the room. after about 30 mins they changed the room to 210 but even then when you change the temp to 18 ideally after a couple of hours it should be chilly but I was not able to sleep with the blanket on. Was it that it was too hot outside that it could not cool the room?

TV channels was another let down, should have a few more travel, discovery etc. opions.

Food was perfect, Like the taste, the breakfast spread was decent cant ask more than it and the morning Dosa were yummy

Over all decent experience..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. through Trip Advisor platform.

Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Fortune Pandiyan, Madurai ---
The front office staffs were very efficient. We were booked into the standard room. The amenities were average. Breakfast at the Orchid restaurant was average. Not much options. The biggest drawback was the lobby and the surrounding area had a stink...There was a bad odour around the hotel. They did not have a life guard at the swimming pool area. It is a must. Have stayed at other Fortune properties earlier, and this did not meet the expectation of the ITC brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for bringing these points to my notice through Trip Advisor platform. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Pandiyan Madurai.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address also please note, we do have a Life Guard who take care of Swimming Pool in the morning and afternoon hours and during the lunch hours he will break off after placing safety signage board " Life Guard not available" . Life Guard takes his week off on every Monday placing all relavant safety signage boards in the Swimming Pool area and you must have noticed too. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Medium price, good, clean hotel with excellent staff. Recommends strongly for domestic and foreign persons. The hotel is centrally located. Variety of dishes are given for breakfast to suit the taste of different people. Excellent hospitality. Complementary water, coffee and tea are a welcome delight. The minibar and snacks are well kept.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your recent visit to Madurai.

I am delighted to know of your experience at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai. It is through valueable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

We value your feedback and do look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Service and food is good. But for the rates they charge and for the fortune brand the standard rooms desperately need an upgrade. When asked they did offer me the next category for rs.800 more - that had better bathrooms but we decided no since we were going to be out most of the day. Travel Desk (run by an outside agency) was very helpful in planning trips in and around Madurai - good advice. Overall functional but as I said rooms do need an upgrade.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Madurai.

I am delighted to know of your experience at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai through Trip Advisor platform also please note, currently Fortune Pandiyan Madurai is undergoing product up gradation as you have experienced and we have renovated half of our room inventory. The next phase of room up gradation will be completed at the earliest.

Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

this is good place to stay and explore the temple city.comfortable rooms and good food was recommendatory location is an added advantage that was accessible to all city attractions.
the city is very crowded and hot still it is fascinating with its ancient charm and welcome.
The rooms were neat and clean and has all the amenities for our short stay of one night.
will like to go back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Sir,

We are glad that you have expressed your experience of Fortune Pandiyan Madurai through Trip Advisor platform.

C.Sujith

Been to Fortune Pandiyan Hotel? Share your experiences!