I think this is a very good hotel for those who are budget conscious and who do not have plans of extended stay in madurai. Not a bad choice for one night - max two nights stay. The staff was very courteous. The rooms were adequate.
Two things to watch out for:
1. This place is near the west gate of Meenakshi temple and the roads leading to this hotel are very narrow. You miss one of the narrow lanes, you will be stuck in a maze of one-ways. So if you are driving yourself, have a good GPS or good communication skills to converse with people to get the directions.
2. The breakfast that is offered along with the reservation did not impress much. You will be denied if you asked for a second vada - so it is not a buffet breakfast - it is limited breakfast. I think the hotel needs to call this out at the time of booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kathir Palace, Madurai is a great budget option in the temple city. Offering uncompromising comfort and convenience, this hotel ensures that guests stay is hassle-free and pleasurable. Perfectly located close to the iconic Meenakshi Temple and railway station, this hotel is an ideal option for frequent travellers and pilgrims.Location: Kathir Palace is situated on Dhanappa Mudali Street. Places close to the hotel are Meenakshi Amman Temple (Approx. 0.5km) and Mariamman Temple (Approx. 4km). The beautiful Meenakshi Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is an example of exemplary craftsmanship. This temple is thronged by many devotees during the annual festival in April-May. Other interesting places worth visiting are Alagar Kovil, Thenkarai Pond and Vandiyur Lake.Distance from Madurai International Airport: Approx. 12km Distance from Madurai Junction: Approx. 2kmHotel Features: Guests are offered convenience with room service, front desk, daily housekeeping, travel desk and 24-hour security. The conference hall and boardrooms are also offered to business travellers. The conference hall couples as a banquet hall as well which is an ideal venue for guests to arrange for social events. Its in-house restaurant is every foodie's delight. The restaurant serves Indian, Chinese, Continental, Tandoori and Mughlai cuisines. For enjoying a relaxing time amidst sophisticated ambience and sparkling cocktails, the bar is a great place.Rooms: Standard rooms, Premium rooms, Super Classic rooms, Classic rooms, Deluxe rooms Standard Non A/C are the multiple accommodation options offered at Kathir Palace. These air-conditioned rooms are simple in appeal and are ideal to experience home-like comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Hotel Kathir Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.