“Traveling along” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 189 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Jodhpur, India
“Traveling along”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Its a family guest House the room are new And very clean, have a nice view of the pic hola lake. Salem its a very honest good man. Everything súper And nice price.
The are restaurant on the terrasa And the food Is good.
You can walking around the lake And 10 minutes you arrive to the City Palace

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
mohammed s, Owner at Mewari Villa Hotel and Guest House, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guests,thanks for your warm and kind words full of appreciation . we value your feedback. we enjoyed serving you.we would love to welcome you again.wish you a fabulous New Year 2014. warm regards,from all of us at Mewari Villa .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I came across Mewari Villa by meeting young Salem at the train station. He showed me his family's guest house and I decided to stay as it was beautiful, clean, great views and fair price. Salem organised to take me on a half day riskshaw tour of Udaipur the next day.

The guest house is run by Salim (similar names!), who lives there with his family. He is a hardworking, honest business man. I was a solo female traveller and really enjoyed my stay here as it was peaceful and safe. I enjoyed sitting on the rooftop and chatting with Salim and his kids! Wifi worked well, I had a luxurious showerhead and the queen bed was the most comfortable I had in a one month trip around India. Nothing was too much trouble here, Salim got my bus ticket sorted (cheaper than the tourist office), my washing was done, rickshaw booked if needed.

This is not the place to come to party (there is a sign requesting no alcohol to be brought in), but absolutely the right place if you want to meet some lovely locals and relax.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest , thanks for a exceptionally kind review. we are very happy to know that you had a pleasent overall experience. your inspiring remarks are a joy to read. we would love to welcome you again.wish you a fabulous New Year 2014. warm regards from all of us at Mewari Villa.
Mohammed Salim
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We found this wonderful hotel by chance and were so happy that we did! It is a family run hotel and the owner, Salim, and his family are incredibly welcoming and accommodated any requirements we had with a warm smile. On arrival, Salim gave us a run down on what there is to do in Udaipur and provided us with any further information that we needed. The hotel is well situated within an easy walk of many shops, restaurants and attractions.
The hotel is very clean and the rooms are of a high standard for a budget hotel.
We couldn't have wished for a better place to stay at this very reasonable price.
I would not hesitate to recommend Mewari to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in beautiful Udaipur.
Thanks again Salim for our time spent in your hotel.
Rob and Gill

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
mohammed s, Owner at Mewari Villa Hotel and Guest House, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Guests, thanks for a glowing review highilighting our hospitality and service . your very generous remarks have been a great encouragement for us . your recommendation is our best reward.wish you a fabulous New Year 2014 .warm regards from all of us at Mewari Villa.
mohammed salim
Bilbao, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

After almost 3 weeks traveling around India we were very lucky to arrive to his guest house. Salim (the owner) is very friendly, always laughing and helping you in whatever you need. The rooms are almost new, comfortable and super clean. The roof views are awesome....and the kids of Salim and her wife are very friendly!!! Thanks for evertyhing!!!! Iker and Andrea!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests, thanks for lovely feedback . we are happy to know that your expectation were met and you enjoyed your stay. our sincere gratitude to you for recommending us so highly. wish you a very happy New Year 2014. Best regards from all of us at Mewari Villa .
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were indeed blessed to stay at this wonderful guest house, run by a most welcoming and peaceful Salim and his family. The guest house has magnificent views over the lakes of Udaipur, surrounding hilltops and the skies filled with exotic parrots, eagles, king fishers and other wonderful bird-life.

The guest house is located perfectly, within a 5-10 minutes walking distance to the main old town centre, and yet far enough to minimise traffic and noise, as this is often a problem for those situated more centrally! The rooms and guesthouse itself are unusually clean, well decorated, comfortable and indeed very pleasant.

Moreover, Salim peaceful and warm disposition and the wonderful stories and outlook on life he has means that no balcony meal will go without a most heartwarming and inspiring conversation.

I highly recommend this guesthouse and thank Salim and his family for the wonderful experience we had during our stay there

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
mohammed s, Owner at Mewari Villa Hotel and Guest House, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thanks for your warm and kind words full of appreciation. its been a privilege having you with us . we would love to welcome you again.best regards,mohammed salim at mewari villa
North Pole, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

So, after a tiring bus journey from Mumbai I arrived at the Udaipur Bus Station, where a very nice man called Saleem started telling me about the place he was working for: The MEWARI VILLA. I was tired and Saleem seemed like a sincere, honest man (which he certainly is, no doubt about it), which is why I decided to let him take me to his employer’s hotel. The place certainly is great, with new rooms, bathrooms in mint condition, a double room for about 600 rupees, which is – in all fairness – not exactly cheap, but for what you get, a towel, soap and toilet paper and free WIFI, an okayish price nonetheless.
Well, this story had a bitter ending, though. As a solo traveller you want to meet people. I stayed at a bar and met two lovely people from Israel (Pushkar Cafe, I really recommend it). I came back to the place at about 1:30, and didn’t even have to knock at the entrance door, because Saleem (NOT the rickshaw driver! The owner of the hotel has got the same name) was right there and opened it up for me. In the next morning I saw Saleem (the owner), and this is what happened: He asked me whether I enjoyed spending a night out the day before, but before I could respond to that he started yelling at me. He got all red and aggressive; telling me there was curfew, that I was inconsiderate coming home late, that my behaviour was not acceptable etc. When I told him that putting up a bloody sign OR that at least telling me that there was a curfew in his place would have helped a lot to deescalate this situation in the first place (because how the hell should I know), he literally EXPLODED. He shouted and cursed at me, started a rant about “the people from Europe and their attitudes”, even told me to leave his hotel right away! I felt threatened by his conduct, and had a minor panic attack. My legs shaking, I apologised to him to defuse the ticking time bomb. I was horrified.
To put it in a nutshell, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this hotel. The place might be nice on the surface, but the owner will make your life hell by imposing his twisted attitudes on you. NOT ALLOWING YOU (that’s a quote, too) to stay out after 11:30 (even Cinderella had better luck than that), and lastly, give you a good verbal scolding if you stay out late, verbally abuse you, and spoil the precious time you should be spending in beautiful Udaipur. 1/5 stars. Absolutely not recommendable.

Saleem, if you read this: You have got a serious temper problem! Oh, and I take back the apology, which I only stammered out in order to avoid moving my stuff again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
mohammed s, Owner at Mewari Villa Hotel and Guest House, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Guest ,
Thanks for your review.. at least you write ' the place certainly is great ' its only beacause we care all the our guest comfort who is staying with us . The day you arrived trouble start ..you came to me and said my WIFI is not working and you need to skype URGENT i show you my phone n told you its working . same time other guest was standing in 1st floor i ask him about WIFI front of you and he said its working fine. but you said your's is not working and you want me to close my main modem AND RE-START and change password . i said no and you got angry .. i offered you to use my PC . you came down with your laptop ..saying this is making you angry. acting like i am the one who is responsible . lucky i am as soon as you came down your laptop started working. after an hour you came and ask me that if i knew some DOOR DELIEVERY FOOD PLACE so you can ordered some food beacause you are very tired and don't wanne go out. i told you we have restaurent on rooftop and we don't allow out side food delevery and offered you to serve you in your room .i can tell you was upset.
next day you came 1:50 at night fully loaded......i open the door and told you its verry late ..you manage to walk up to your room .i heard big noise of the door . next morning i simly ask you is that you will be comming late at night again if so pls leave my place. and i told you that you should be respectfull to our other guest who are sleeping and you are making noise and waking up other guest . thats why i told you to check - out .
Dear Guest you are young teen age but i am sorry to say that you need to change your attitude otherwise some other guest house people will be saying you PLS CHECK-OUT .
Salim at mewari villa
everywhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This new opened place is absolutely perfect. Everything is new and the owners are really friendly. You will find a good working (!) free Wifi and a good restaurant. If you need any help the owners will be always very helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guests,
Thanks for your kind feedback . we are happy to know of your pleasent stay and overall satisfaction. your inspiring comments are highly encouraging . we look forward to welcome you agian.best wishes from all of us at mewari villa

Been to Mewari Villa Hotel and Guest House? Share your experiences!