There is nothing particular, which is bad in this place. You have beautiful views on the lake, people are friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and clean but at the end: you have the feeling being an item in a dusty museum.
While we've been staying, in the pre-season of early october 2013, we've been almost the only guests in the entire place, which gave us even more the feeling of being forgotten in that place.
If you stay in Udaipur - add some extra dollar and choose the Udaivillas....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where once the Maharanas of Mewar held court, today you can hold forthLocated on the eastern shores of the picturesque Lake Pichola, the palace seems to have floated straight out of a fairytale.The history-soaked interiors, dotted with miniature paintings, portraits, royal artefacts and the armoury of the Mewar dynasty transport you to legendary times.The suites and rooms decorated with original paintings and period furniture from the toshakhanas or royal storerooms, cocoon you in velvety luxury as you soak in the ever-changing hues of the lake from large arched windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotel.de and Orbitz so you can book your Fateh Prakash Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fateh Prakash Palace Udaipur
- Fateh Prakash Palace Hotel Udaipur