“In the lap of luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 119 Hotels in Udaipur
Calgary, Canada
“In the lap of luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent, modern hotel. It's like a maze, you can get lost with all the swimming pools, but that's just more places to relax. The restaurant on the terrace is amazing, I'd like to have some of the food flown home! One hiccup when we arrived was that our first home has recently been painted and had a strong smell, but they were prompt in getting a new room and setting things right.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

We strive everyday to deliver the best attention and services to our guests. I am proud and delighted to hear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

Please contact me directly when you next intend to travel to Udaipur or to any Oberoi destination, I would be delighted to have the chance of welcoming you once again.

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Udaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

So here I a resident of udaipur wanted to take my clients for a nice dinner....so we booked Leela....what a shocker(read my review about leela). So pissed we landed in Oberoi Udaivilas as my past experiences have always been uber cool at Udaivilas. I have stayed in few Vilas property myself and Udaivilas just add the oomph factor to it.
The girl 'Priya' (the manager from Himachal Pradesh) was not only courteous but super efficient. Not only she remembered all our names (we were 9 of us) she arranged the tables within 5 minutes. Gave us a sweet spot overlooking lake. The drinks menu was exhaustive as per udaipur standard and the selection of scotch was just perrrfect.
My clients loved and my son as always was happy to back. He was the one who kept saying dad lets go to Udaivilas, I don't like leela. Came out Leela also never liked him.
Anyways super food, super ambience and the service is what sets it apart and above all.
Keep the good work flowing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing on trip advisor and for sharing your wonderful review with us.

It gives me enormous happiness to share your feedback with the team at The Oberoi Udaivilās and they are elated to fathom that they were able to serve your with best hospitality.

Please contact me directly when you next intend to travel to Udaipur or to any Oberoi destination, I would be delighted to have the chance of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived at the Oberoi Udaivilas with high expectations, which were met and exceeded in every way. The service from the moment you step onto the premises is extremely attentive without being stuffy or overbearing. The grounds and the buildings that comprise the hotel are stunning and the view from our room across Lake Pichola and City Palace was simply breathtaking. We really enjoyed the morning yoga class next to the pool taught by an amusing but informative instructor. All our meals were of a very high standard. The Rajasthani thali at the al fresco restaurant was a particular highlight. There are few superlatives unused to describe this hotel. It is that good.

Room Tip: Semi-private pool rooms have stunning views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review!!!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we all are glad that we were able to serve you with warm hospitality and perfectly. Your such words of appreciation encourage us to thrive the best.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a superb resort in the middle of he lake....heaven in the desert.....I had a truly amazing experience with my family....the service is top of the class. The view of the hotel is so romantic that you don't want to leave this beautiful place...will definitely come back to stay...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review.

I am glad to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind words of appreciation are extremely valuable for us as they inspires us to continue achieving even higher standards of service excellence.

best regards
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went in 2004 for our honeymoon. What a wonderful experience. We were greeted at the gate. They knew our names and we were checked in right away. The staff was helpful, friendly and surpassed an kind of hospitality that I have experienced. Our room was lovely. overlooking the lake, with a beautiful bathroom and lovely furnishings. To be sure, this is a very expensive hotel, but you will get much for your money here that in many other parts of the world.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vincent G, General Manager at The Oberoi Udaivilas, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please contact me directly when you next intend to travel to Udaipur or to any Oberoi destination, I would be delighted to have the chance of welcoming you once again and on your anniversary hopefully!

Strengelbach, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Oberoi Udaivilas is a superb resort, located at Lake Pichola with smashing views of Udaipur's City Palace and the Lake Palace. The resort is an architectural marvel with spectacular floor designs in marble and granite. It is ca. 10 years old with top-notch facilities.

The friendliness and hospitality of the staff is outstanding, you immediately feel the warmth and genuine affection of the people, be it giving you directions if you get lost in the huge hotel complex, arranging sightseeing trips to the many intersting sites in the area, preparing exquisite menues either Indian or continental-Italian cuisine, providing a delicious in-room breakfast when we had a very early departure flight out of Udaipur, etc., etc.

Room Tip: don't bother, just go and enjoy!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out the time for sharing your experience with us . We are delighted to know that you liked our property so much and you appreciation of the architecture which indeed makes The Oberoi Udaivilas so special.

Your wonderful feedback has been shared with the team at The Oberoi Udaivilās and they are extremely happy to discover that they were successful in making your stay enjoyable & memorable.

Your positive and valuable appreciation of our performance inspires us to continue achieving even higher standards of service excellence, serving you and your family with lifetime experiences.

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The royal treatment begins as soon as you enter the property with rose petals literally falling from the sky. The Udaivilas property is a magnificent sprawling property with reflecting pools everywhere. It is the height of calmness and relaxation.

The rooms are beautiful. My room had a private but connected pool that was luxurious. The downside is there weren’t many people at the two large pools. The hotel has two additional pools, one for families and the pool by the spa where children are not permitted. This property is perfect for a romantic and secluded get-away.

The service at the pool was extraordinary. The gentleman brought an amenity tray with sun tan lotion, water, fruit kabobs and a wet rolled towel that was infused with jasmine. When I finished my book, he immediately, offered me a copy of Tatler. The hotel service is excellent.

The spa is beautiful and my massage was amazing.

I mentioned to the restaurant hostess that I was hoping for contemporary Indian food like I experienced at in Delhi. (A contemporary Indian restaurant is opening at the hotel.) The next thing I know, the Executive Chef comes into the dining room to meet me. When he realizes that I am looking for a molecular, Michelin star dining experience, he offers to prepare a special lunch on the day I leave.

I was blown away by the experience. It was exactly what I wanted and the fact that it was specifically prepared for and only me is beyond comprehension. Every single dish was FABULOUS. There are no words to begin to describe the meal and the effort that went into preparing this endeavor. I was floored. This was one of the best meals that I have ever had. I cannot begin to thank the chef for this special treat.

This is the type of service that Oberoi is known for. No other hotel provides anything close to this level of service. The Oberoi team work truly as a team to make your holiday amazing. Thank you again for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The property is sprawling so if you need to be near the pool, spa or front desk then mention that in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for the review.

I am glad to know that you had a memorable experience at the Oberoi Udaivilas. Thank you for appreciating our team. They really work hard to deliver very high levels of services consistently.

It has given me immense pleasure to pass on your compliments to the entire team. They are thrilled with your remarkable praises and delighted to know that their hard work has been recognized..

We look forward to welcome you back. Please do let me know if you need any assistance in planning your holidays with us.

Best regards

Been to The Oberoi Udaivilas? Share your experiences!