“7 out of 5!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 121 Hotels in Udaipur
Tucson, Arizona
“7 out of 5!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I am writing this review sitting in one of the most beautiful hotel.. As I am overlooking another palace (City Palace) from my room I am in loss of words to describe the experience we are having for our stay.. Its out of the world!
We were greeted royally and felt like king of the royal period.. The staff is courteous, property amazing and the views simply breath taking.. One can gaze the palace for hours..

It was my Mom's birthday and when the staff came to know about it, they arranged for a surprise cake!

This by far has been the best stay ever for my family.. Loved the palace!

Time to check out now :)

Room Tip: Take the room on the first floor with a lake palace side view.. simply brilliant!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shyam_Kaikini, General Manager at Taj Lake Palace Udaipur, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Shashswat,

Thank you for your review – we are delighted you enjoyed your Taj Lake Palace experience.

My colleagues and I consider ourselves fortunate to have the opportunity to work in such a beautiful palace and make the acquaintance of wonderful guests. The view from your City Palace facing rooms is quite incredible and these are some of our most requested rooms.
I am glad to know that your mom had a memorable birthday, makes the experience even more special.

We look forward to welcoming you again and should you need any assistance with reservations at Taj Lake Palace or other Taj Hotels, please do write to me at lpugm.udp@tajhotels.com

General Manager – Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Wow! This place is like nothing I've ever experienced nor thought possible! Boyfriend and I splurged here on out last night in India and I'm so glad we did. We were treated like royalty right from the moment we checked in (which was even more fabulous because we looked like scruffy Aussie backpackers!) The service was outstanding - so friendly and so much personalised attention to detail that I've never experienced before. So many added extras that made the experience even more special - from a free upgraded room; to a waiter providing us with printed information about one of the unusual Indian fruits we tried and enquired about at breakfast. The spa service was excellent too, I never want to wash that delightful fragrant oil off! Definitely a 6+ star hotel. Boyfriend and I have pledged to come back here again one day soon.

Stayed July 2014
Shyam_Kaikini, General Manager at Taj Lake Palace Udaipur, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Elwood Tigress,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for capturing all the little details so well.

Being fortunate to work in the magical setting of our 268-year old original historic palace, nothing makes us happier than reading about what makes it special for our guests.

Opened in 1746, the Lake Palace was once the summer palace of the Udaipur royal family. That rich heritage is kept alive even to this day by our associates who strive to at every moment to make guests feel like royalty

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Jiva Spa experience. Jiva Spa offers signature healing therapies that embrace India’s ancient heritage. Utilizing hand-blended herbs, essential oils, and natural creams, services include Mewar Khaas, a pre-bathing ritual based upon royal wedding-day practices.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We visited Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur earlier in July to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. Simply amazed by the property with so much history related to it, loved the hospitality of staff, food and we had a luxury room which was large and very well furnished. I booked a candle light dinner at Mewar Terrace which was unbelievable in regard to the view, environment, food and the host, Amit, was really skilled and we had a joyful experience with him. Want also to thank Abdul for great follow up and great hospitality.

Overall, it's a experinece for life and we will certainly come back again. Will recommend this place to everyone out there who want's to experience luxury at very best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Javed S,

Thank you for your gracious compliments and for sharing your Taj Lake Palace experience.

With its setting in the middle of Lake Pichola and with the backdrop of the Aravalli mountains on one side and the City Palace complex on the other, the Lake Palace has on offer romantic dining experiences and the Mewar Terrace offers a spectacular vista. Amit and Abdul are delighted to see your review and it will doubtless inspire them.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It was a wonderful experience . I went there for 3 nights . It's a magical place . The best thing about it , is you are living in the middle of the lake . The staff was very friendly . The room was extremely clean and beautiful . The views were excellent . It's a magical experience .The food was very nice , You are welcomed by rose flower showers. The terraces give a beautiful 360 View of Udaipur . All the meals were very appetizing . In short , if you go there ,, you are served like a royal king :) . Cant forget that experience . They have all kinds of activities for both kids and adults . It is a very relaxing hotel . It should be rated as a 6* Hotel . They gift babies soft toys and teenagers some books , e.t.c.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good . But if you take a suite , you would get extra services .
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had visited on eve of my wife's birthday for 3 nights 4 days package as being a member of Taj inner circle Gold. This was our first visit to Lake Palace. Every moment was memorable by there staff. We had a Gr8 pickup from airport by Tata Jaguar car to the Hotel. From there a beautiful boat ride to the property. On entrance greeted with rose petals. We had a lovely room with a dresser. There breakfast and dinners were awesome. Even after every dinner we had awesome desserts served to our room. I hosted my wife's birthday on their Terrace garden and the arrangement was superb. We had one of the best spa in their boat . A unique experience. We thoroughly enjoyed their hospitality. Loved the place, the property and their pampering. Love to visit sometime later with my kids. It calls for 7*

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I took my girlfriend to this hotel on a recent trip to India and it lived up to all expectations. We were lucky enough to have a suite at the hotel and it was massive and so beautifully decorated/ furnished. The staff where what you come to expect from Taj and the food was second to none. One night we decided to take dinner on the private pontoon out on the lake, a chef and waiter bring you you meal and serve it in the most idyllic of setting. I would also recommend venturing into town and watching octopussy (James Bond) on a cheap rooftop restaurant over looking the lake , a wonderful experience. Overall this was a stay of a life time and we'll certainly be returning.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mettupalayam, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were on a road trip from Mettupalayam in Tamil nadu to Manali Leh and Ladakh . On our way we taught we should celebrate our anniversary in a special way and hence we chose THE TAJ LAKE PALACE UDAIPUR LAKE PICHOLA. The stay was purely royal and one awesome hospitality from the royal welcome to the lavish exceptionally clean rooms and every detail of awesome food . To the lovely local entertainment every evening. The complimentary services are varied and excellent . Must mention the SPA the services were top of the line. Must try . SOME AWESOME HOLIDAY.
I must mention MEHUL 's great smiling detailed hospitality.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Taj Lake Palace Udaipur? Share your experiences!