“FULFILLING A DREAM IN UDAIPUR” 5 of 5 stars

Taj Lake Palace Udaipur
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 5 | Lake Pichola, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Ranked #1 of 117 Hotels in Udaipur
Melbourne, Australia
“FULFILLING A DREAM IN UDAIPUR”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ever since I was a teenager I dreamed of staying at the Lake Palace Hotel after seeing and keeping an article in a magazine - and finally my dream came true. The hotel is paradise on earth!

We spent four nights at this superb Heritage hotel to celebrate my birthday and were made to feel extra special by being upgraded into an amazingly luxurious suite. The hotel, appearing like a great white liner in the middle of Lake Pichola seduces the eye, the process of seduction is taken further with a welcome fit for a Maharani! The external appearance carries through the hotel's marble wings & sitting areas and includes a beautiful garden for guests to enjoy. We loved the heritage tour, the sunset boat cruise around the lake, the colourful and talented traditional dance performance in the internal courtyard, the delicious meals at the restaurants and the sheer luxury of the hotel and the pool. We found the city charming and easy to explore, thanks particularly to our friend and guide Akshay Sing Rao, a grandson of the Maharajas' court poet.

Everyone is looked after like family and nothing is too much trouble with every request greeted with a smile. Our special thanks to Maanas who was there always to help and Pramod the restaurant manager.

We will return as soon as we can. It must rate as one of the top hotels in the world.

Room Tip: Select a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was the best hotel I have stayed so far. The dinner wasn't as marvelous as I read and quite a bit pricey, I think there are many restaurants on land that are better and cheaper or may be I was disappointed how the naan seemed undone. Other wise, the ambience, the dance performance in the evening, the boat ride around the lake, the breakfast, and everything else that entailed my trip was magical. I had my own butler, had a lady dress me up in a saree, and a sitar player serenading under the moon light right outside my room. I swung on a swing listening to the music, watching the moon reflect on the lake. I truly felt like a maharani throughout my stay. The best part was working out in the gym. The treadmill faces the palace across the lake, so you can watch the city palace! There also was an attendant offering me cold beverages, it was awesome!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

After travelling for 8 months, we arrived in Udaipur for our 1 night of pure luxury. After building it up in our head, I was worried that we were going to be left disappointed. I couldn't have been more wrong!

I don't want to write too much about the arrival & stay as it will spoil all of the little surprises for future guests. However, I will say you leave the palace feeling like royalty! The level of service is simply extraordinary (we've stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world, I work in hospitality and I have never seen this level in my life!). The staff second guess your every whim and you are constantly surprised and moved throughout your stay.

The facilities are top notch and the food outstanding.

Sadly, I was quite unwell but it was honestly the best place in the world to be a patient. I was given flowers, special food, a doctor, medicine, and a get well card - all this amongst other treats.

I will endeavor to return to the Lake Palace again in my lifetime, this time hopefully well (!) and for a longer stay.

Simply divine - everything about it is special, discreet, unpretentious and beautiful.

I wish I was still there!

Room Tip: Just ask! We didn't even have to and they gave us an upgrade :-)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsingborg, Skane Lan, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Fantastic place with an extraordinary service level. Sometime close to to much... Wonderful view over the old city palace. The pool area is magnificent!
We booked a garden view room and got sea view.
They have thought about every small detail from entrance to good bye.
We left late night. Checked out at 14.00 ( two hours extra) and were offered to take shower before leaving in the evening, without extra charge.

Room Tip: Make sure to get seaview.! Cab ypu make it before 15 october, you get a reasonable price.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

When we got in, our three year old was quite sick, having vomited and coughed on the train to Udaipur all night. The hotel was very helpful. They really took very good care of us. We enjoyed our stay tremendously. It is a luxurious experience. Well worth doing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This hotel is really like the Taj of the Lake city...amazing hotel.The welcome with shower of rose petals - the aarti and the tikka is really traditional -unique location ,The view from our room was very beautiful,The food was also very good, dined at neelkamal,Evening entertainment with the sunset boat ride along with Rajasthani dance performance was really amazing.We really enjoyed there with our family and will never forget that lovely moment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hyderabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here in April 2012. We were spellbound. Expensive but you definitely get what you are looking for. The complete feel right from when you board your Jetti and enter the hotel is just excellent. A very unique heritage property and must say extremely well maintained. Each room is special and the suites are just stunning. You can ask for your preference whether you like a room with a view of the sunrise or the sunset. Great location and all the top attractions of the city are also very close-by. You certainly will get the ROYAL feel. Lovely food specially the breakfast ...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Taj Lake Palace Udaipur? Share your experiences!