“Wonderful hotel, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Haridasji Ki Magri, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 120 Hotels in Udaipur
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Although not in the heart of old town that you could go out for walks; this was a wonderful hotel with very tasteful with shiny marble floors and Indian art works; lovely gardens and a good size swimming pool. Staff was extremely attendant; we were given a lot of extras when we did not choose buffet dinner.

Room Tip: Extra payment for the garden facing room proved to be not justified, we were on ground floor and onl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and truly appreciate your generous praise.

We look forward to your future visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Udaipur.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

It was a 3N 4D trip to Udaipur. The trip was planned over mail with the hotel and the process starting from booking to check in , pickup from railway station to check out was very smooth. The ambiance, service at the hotel was best in the class. To quote here, rooms were excellent and very well maintained; proper utilisation of a specious rooms. Taken a pool view room and the view from the room was smoothening and refreshing. Within the hotel premises they are taking care and running one wild life century.
Literature provided by the hotel about places in and around Udaipur which should be visit was very helpful to me as it also specified the timing of visits, charges for ticket and all requisite information which a traveler should be aware about the place before visiting it.
Dining at the hotel was at it's best. Still being a vegetarian the options were many and delicious. Staff at the restaurant was very courteous.
Throughout the stay the hotel staff had shown the highest standard of professionalism and delivered best of the hospitality. Highly recommended.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your detailed feedback on the hotel, its services and especially our people, following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

The entire team is delighted to know that they came up to your expectations. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.
It gives me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous praise.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or for reservation assistance for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Many thanks once again.

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great hotel to stay in Udaipur.
Friendly personnel, clean and beautiful.

Be careful however for hidden costs: breakfast is not included and really expensive. When you ask for a taxi, they will try to offer you the car rental service of the hotel, which for one hour costs as much as one day of rikshaw. It is better just to walk out of the hotel and take a local taxi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments following your recent stay with us.

We were especially delighted to read your positive comments you made about the team and service. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We do have multiple rate options available to book – room only basis, room with breakfast and room with breakfast and lunch or dinner. I reckon in this instant you had booked your room on a rate which did not include breakfast, hence chargeable.

In regard to your comments on recommending Avis cars and not an outsourced mode of transportation, I would like to advise you that we do not encourage outsourced or any vehicle which is not attached to a reputed agency. As our guests have had a few unpleasant experiences in the past and quality issues persists with outsourced vehicles. Avis cars and other agency cars are well kept and drivers speak good English.
I regret inconvenience caused to you owing to this.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Trident next time your travels take you to Udaipur.

Best regards

Ahmedabad, Gujarat (INDIA)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Hotel is at par with other properties of similar cadre and proudly boasts the 'Tripadvisor 2013 winner' plate at the reception desk.

Pros:
- guest relations are at their best
- breakfast variety
- ideal for families travelling with kids [has loads of kids activities]

Cons:
- weekends get noisy with families traveling
- quite surprising but this affected the service and attention from staff
- avoid terrace dining / breakfast as you might feel disconnected from service
- bathrooms are missing jet-spray [hope u all agree]

Did not get a chance to meet with the GM, but did receive his email about my feedback [same as here] with his inputs. Having said that, will definitely try another property next time to compare the hospitality..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out time to share your experience following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

While most services exceeded your expectations I regret to note that the food and beverage team was unable to do so. I appreciate you are very busy, however if you could spare some time and elaborate on the inadequacies I would be truly grateful. This would help us initiate appropriate remedial action.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels next time your travels take you to Udaipur ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Kind regards

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited Trident Udaipur over the weekend in April to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Its like a second home for us. We stayed in a superb lake, garden and pool view suite. This was the first time we stayed in this suite. The views from the suite were awesome !!
About the service and staff.....there is nothing more to say than what I have before.
They just 'pamper you to perfection'.
Everyone from the reception, room service, housekeeping and the restaurant staff were flawless.
Most of them knew us by our name and were happy to do the best they could to make our stay even more comfortable.
A special word of thanks to the GM Mr. Dhiraj Mehta for his wonderful leadership and the quality of helpfulness and good service that he has imbibed in his entire team at Trident Udaipur.
The restaurant staff is always helpful to make any dish that suits your choice. Chef Arun needs a special mention for his enthusiasm to cook both new and traditional dishes for us in addition to the lavish buffet layout.
Two things one should never miss out when at Trident Udaipur:
1. A leisurely stroll in the beautifully manicured lawns and gardens during the early hours of the morning / evening.
2. The boat ride on the lake Pichola that is offered by the hotel.

Another good thing about the hotel is that it is very very 'child friendly'. The kids club is a boon for the kids. The staff manning the kids club are also very friendly and love spending time with the kids. The puppet shows, magic shows, horse and camel rides are a routine in the hotel premises and a 'should not miss' for families with kids.

Room Tip: The Lake View Suite is the room to be in !!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest

As you rightly mentioned ,we endeavor to live up to our ethos and our philosophy which places people at the center of everything we do, to train and support our team members in their work and to do all we can to keep people motivated and highly engaged, as they are the most important aspect of our business. I am glad that we were able to achieve that in a small measure for you and your family.

It gives me great pleasure to share your gracious praise with the entire team - the team will truly appreciate your generous praise especially Chef Arun for his efforts and the kids club team.

Please feel free to write to me for any assistance in Udaipur or with reservations for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

I take this opportunity to wish your daughter a great and successful year ahead..... from all of us at Trident Udaipur.

Many thanks once again.

delhi india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

once again i visited my favorite destination,for me its like meeting my family members again.staff service were exceptional as-usual with smiley face, this is one thing that that makes trident udaipur more different & far away as compared to other hotels in the same category. I always amazed by Beautiful architecture, gardens, settings &,surroundings of the trident .This time also i enjoyed Fine and varied Breakfast with excellent Dinner along with superb service . Icing on the cake was Enjoyable swimming pool with corteous and helpful assistant. see you soon trident udaipur......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Many thanks for a wonderfully crafted review, following your recent stay at Trident Udaipur.

We were thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that we were able to help contribute to your overall experience whilst your stay and we were especially pleased to read how much you enjoyed the service by our team , moreover you felt amongst family. This is a huge compliment to the team. Thank you!
The team truly appreciates your gracious praise.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Trident in not too distant future; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best wishes!!!

Sincerely

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Before i begin, i do apologize for such a late review. Having reviewed the hotel on its main website i forgot to do so for my fellow trip advisor's. But i just had to let you all know....

A beautiful drive way leads to an expansive and very welcoming lobby.We were greeted by one of the inhouse staff on arrival and served welcome drinks. Checkin was very fast and done so while we were seated comfortably in the hall and the staff personel brought us the papers to sign.

Our room was quite a bit of walk inside the hotel ...and I do wish it was a bit more spacious. The huge bed and the 2 seater sofa took up the entire room. All marble flooring .... nice though you had to be careful when u sat on the bed as it would slide easily. Surely a safety hazard and I must also mention that the beds were not comfortable .
The view wasn't very pleasing , they gave me a garden view but all i had was half a tree trunk , so if that matters to you give them a call ahead and let them know to give you a good view.
Room service was o.k , the inroom dining is quite expensive i must say.
I tried their salon , got a blow dry ... pretty good.

Breakfast was very heartfilling. A very welcoming staff , didn't keep you waiting for long , just for tea !!!!! you can't not know about tea making esp. in india !! :(
Still , i picked up some french toast and they hurriedly got the chef to make me a fresh batch .. most delicious ones i have ever eaten. Good variety and excellent service. If you are staying here , do take the breakfast buffet.

We spent one whole afternoon in the garden , lovely landscaping done, very relaxing . I do wish and did recommend them to add more seating outside. There was just one hammock and maybe 2 benches. Not enough !

The entire hotel is lovely to walk around ,exactly as shown in the pictures on its website. theres a small but nice gift shop too.

I also wish the hotel staff to be more informative , for instance being in Rajasthan i bought some bandini sarees and needed them to be ironed. The inhouse laundry refused saying they couldn't do it , they didn't even give any suggestions and when approaching the other hotel staff who eagerly want to assist you , had absolutely no idea. Neither did they offer to find out for me...now that was dissappointing !

Thankfully my travel guide solved the problem. It was simple - the drycleaners !!! He took me to them and I was lucky to get them done in 2 days. The laundry service should be aware of these things and be able to suggest to the guests where they can get it done.

It's an excellent location , quiet and peaceful ... you will pass a number of emporiums before you enter the drive way of the hotel.

I would certainly recommend staying here , its a great location ... I truely hope that they upgrade and pay more attention to their rooms aswell , as they have done so with the rest of the hotel.. especially since it's not just an average hotel.

See you again soon, Trident Udaipur ! :)

Room Tip: Call in once you have booked and make sure you specify what kind of room you want. Some of the rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Positive feedback encourages our team to strive to perform better. It has always been our focus to provide our valued guests with personalized service.

Whilst most of the services and facilities offered to you were to your satisfaction,your comments on room view and beds were of great concern to me, besides inability of in house laundry to assist you with ironing of sarees .

I have personally taken up the matter with my team and have initiated remedial action in this regard. I have also briefed the front desk and housekeeping team to be fully aware of various fabrics and apparels available locally and its treatment – to be able to assist our guests in an instance such as yours.
My apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times and look forward to your future visits.

Kind regards

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Been to Trident Udaipur? Share your experiences!