“Favorite chain hotel in India” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Haridasji Ki Magri, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Ranked #4 of 119 Hotels in Udaipur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Favorite chain hotel in India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

I has my eye on the Trident for a while but I hesitated a bit because 1) It looked out of town and 2) It didn’t fit the original ``Boutique Hotel`` criteria I had in mind. I stayed there for 3 nights at the end of December 2009 and I was extremely happy with my stay.

First, the highlight of the hotel is the customer Service. They take care of you right away with a courtesy second to none. The hotel itself has really nice grounds and pool, that was on the cold side that time of the year but that used on a warm day. The restaurant food was good, priced more for the western wallet, but not too expensive either. I think I remember that seating to the window you freeze to death as the AC was quite strong. Rooms were on the small side but that was OK. You’re not there for that

As for being far away: that’s not really a problem. You can get a Tuk Tuk when you exit the gates. It gets you in town in no time. And not expensive either. Hotel Taxi is way pricier, of course.

As for staying in a guesthouse/boutique hotel: Didn’t really see an interesting boutique hotel. As for Guesthouses, there are options available (I think I found one on Alistair Sawdays’), but I had a bad experience in Jordan where I spent the previous Christmas in a blanket. So didn’t really care for a repeat of that. And as a matter of fact the only one that looked interested had a similar problem being reported in a TA review

Highly recommend this hotel. My favorite new chain of hotels in 2009.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Dear Guest

It is heartening to get such reviews and, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Trident Udaipur.

My team and I are inspired by your comments and look forward to your continued visits.
It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed at The Trident for 2 days. Udaipur is supposed to be a beautiful city, the City of Lakes as it is called.... The Trident lives up to providing a beautiful experience in the most beautiful city of Rajasthan. Their staff is very friendly and pays attention to detail. Food needs a special mention, as every cuisine we ordered was made to perfection. Their swimming pool is very well located amidst beautiful lawns. Also worth a mention is their Kids Play area which is very entertaining for the children.. Everything was perfect at The Trident, except the lake view that was missing..!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, April 8, 2011

bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

Had stayed here with my wife and in laws on a family trip. loved the building and excellent rajasthani hospitality at the hotel. the views were amazing and the architecture of the hotel was based on the palaces there. the hotel had a small zoo as well where they kept wild boars and deer. the view of the lake was great as well. the quality and comforts in the room was trident standard so was satisfied. didn't get to use the pool as we were busy exploring the city and its palaces etc. overall, loved my stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for a wonderfully crafted precise review!
We appreciate your feedback and appreciation. It really works as a great source of inspiration for the team.

Team Trident is pleased to know from your review that their efforts were so well appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Udaipur.

Thank you and best regards.

Wisbech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of the Rajasthan part of our Indian trip. It was a very friendly, warm and lovely place to stay. The staff couldn't do enough for you and we were very happy there. The food was excellent and our room was clean and very comfortable. It was in an ideal location, i.e. not too far away for sightseeing but also quiet when you needed it. Definitely recommend this.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Trident in February 2011. This hotel offered excellent value for money and exceeded our expectations in every way. We found this an ideal location for the purpose of our visit to Udaipur. I loved the hotel gardens. The food was of good quality and a reasonable food selection offered. The Restaurant staff offered an excellent service and this deserves a mention....thank you.
The only thing that i would suggest is that Receptionists/Front of House should welcome all guests in the same way. I observed some guests being greeted and welcomed by hotel staff on arrival with more attention than when we came to check inn at the hotel. All guests i believe should be welcomed and greeted with the standard.
Besides this, I was very satisfied with my stay at the Trident. I will be returning and have already recommeded my family and friends to stay here when in Udaipur.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking out time to share your experience with us following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us.
I have noted your comments on the parity in welcome service and have initiated remedial action in this regard. Please accept my sincere apologies for having not lived up to your expectation on this front.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident Udaipur on your return to Udaipur. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Navi Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Gem of a hotel and excellent service ethics. Had a very relaxed holiday just within the confines of the hotel. Has everything that you expect in a great hotel stay. One of the best hotels taht I have stayed with my family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

the hotel was as we expected , not opulent but very comfortable and the service is very good . there is a nice kids activity centre with a lady attendant which was very useful . pool is average and the food is good but there are many other options available in the city. The Udaivilas is in the same complex and you need special permission to go and see the hotel . must do . there are some nice shops at the entrance to the Oberoi complex for local handicrafts ....

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Trident-Udaipur, General Manager at Trident Udaipur, responded to this review, March 12, 2011
Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for taking out precious time of yours to share your experience with us following your recent visit to Trident Udaipur.

Your review has been shared with the team which is inspiring for all of us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Trident on your return to Udaipur.

dhiraj.mehta@tridenthotels.com

Been to Trident Udaipur? Share your experiences!