“Great family , green. Bubble in the city.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lake Star

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Udaipur
Hotel Lake Star
80 Naga Nagri | Hanuman Ghat, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Ranked #39 of 170 Udaipur B&B and Inns
“Great family , green. Bubble in the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Good rooms, food and hospitality! Great garden and alot of squirrels ... Have to come - shabana and Jaky will welcome you with good attitude! The family is amazing and the garden is full grass and flowers

• Stayed January 2013

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

It's very good hotal & nice family.they are responsible person for there guest. I am reached in udaipur in tha morning 18 Dec .than I call to hotal then they help me to reach hotal & after care me also whenever I stay. Hotal room service R nice . Every thing are available in hotel like internet, WiFi, good restaurant ,good & clean room ,peace ful area around tha hotel. I will go there again. Thank you.

• Stayed December 2012
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This family-run small Hotel, which is right center /I really Felt this place like home.
From the moment we set foot into the house i was treated like my own the place., the room are very neat and very good home cooked food. they made all arrangements to make my trip memorable.

they also pick you up from any place in udaipur.

I would like to thank Fazia Aunty, for remaining so true to the spirit of "Atithi Devo Bhava" and making my stay so thoroughly memorable and enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
United Kingdom and USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This seems like a decent little place for budget travellers, but like most places in India, there were a few annoying things.

Things I liked:

1. The roof top...great view and very nice place to chill and watch the sunrise/set

2. The family seem like very nice people, very smiley and always greeting you when they see you and asking you how your day was

3. Although the cleanliness of the room was questionable (hair and gunk in the drain, mystery splatters on walls, doors, and mirrors, etc) the room was decent. I chose the room in the far back of the 1st level which had a small covered terrace with door and windows, so it was very airy, open and bright. I paid 500rps but you could probably get it cheaper with some haggling. There were other darker less airy rooms for 300-400 and the proprietress really tried to push the upstairs rooms where she raved about the great view, but it is only a partial view nothing spectacular, and other than the rooms being slightly bigger I didn't think they were worth 700rps.

And the annoyances:

1. I called the day before to make a reservation and the proprietress said that she would collect me from the bus stop. Since my budget hotels in Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Jaisalmer had all given me free pick ups, I assumed that this offer was the same, but when I arrived at the hotel Iwas told that I had to pay 70rps

2. The hotel is in very close proximity to a mosque, which does their calls to prayer and chants through earsplitting crackling loudspeakers. This of course is done 5 times a day, including late and night and very early in the morning. I had to sleep with earplugs.

3. After 3 attempts I gave up eating inthe restaurant, which is a huge shame because the view is so nice and sometimes its just nice to stay close to home. There is a menu full of diverse items, Indian, Chinese, Italian, Isreali, etc. But no matter what I ordered, it was always 'not possible', or they would push something else (usually what another guest was eating or something easy like a cheese tomato sandwich) until I gave in. On all attempts to eat here, I never ended up eating what I wanted to eat, or even my second, third, or fourth choice. It is probably just easier to ask what they feel like making at that time. This is a small family run business, and the proprietress does all the cooking herself, so I understand that it is difficult to make anything and everything at a moments notice when you are busy, but hey, that is what a restaurant is meant to do, and if 95% of the menu items are 'not possible' then maybe you should do away with the menu, or hire some kitchen help.

• Stayed November 2012
Gouthenburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We came to Udaipur early in the morning and was very hard to find a good guest house that was in our budget. We got tossed around in different places where they all tried to hassel us for allot of money. Lake star Hotel was the only place we came to that was really friendly. It fealt like being included in the family. we was only thinking to stay for 3 days in udaipur but with this great family hotel we stayd for 8 days!

We stayed in Diwali time and price was still good!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Varanasi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The family that runs Hotel Lake Star is really friendly and wonderful. They are willing to help their guests with any of their needs. The rooms were nice with balconies and GREAT views. The rooftop restaurant has one of the best views in town. Food is homemade by the owner herself and tastes wonderful. This place is a great value and I will indefinably stay there whenever I'm in Udaipur.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This family-run small Hotel, is perfectly situated off the main streets. Perfect for enjoying the amazing tranquil views. Breakfast on the sunny rooftop, watching wild monkeys, parrots & birds of prey. I felt totally welcomed. Such a beautiful, friendly, accommodating family. I ate & drank everything they put in front of me. Highly recommended!
I would love to return the hospitality one day!
;-)

Room Tip: I travelled all over India, and experienced a large variance in room quality. I believe all of the...