“Udaipur Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chandra Niwas Homestay

You added Chandra Niwas Homestay to your Saves list
Chandra Niwas Homestay
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   43 / 44 Shanti Niketan Colony | Bedla-Badgaon link road, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Ranked #1 of 179 Udaipur B&B and Inns
jaipur
“Udaipur Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

What i can say about this place is homely atmosphere ,neat/clean rooms,excellent food(i.e breakfast) ,proper guidance by Mr. Samvith.

Strongly recommended for family.

Love to stay again in this place whenever i will visit udaipur.

This is what is expectations of traveller.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rome, Lazio, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Chandra Niwas is a great place to stay. The warm welcome you get and the lovely company of Sam, his parents and Donna (the dog) made me feel like a Chandra Niwas is home I always want to go back to. The rooms are very clean and have beautiful decorations, and the organic garden also provides a nice view. Also, Sam knows the best places to eat and get coffee so I completely recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

About Chandra Niwas can say only good things and a lot. Make it so the people in the first place. Generally it is not a hotel or a guest house, and the house in which they live are lovely people and beautiful dog Donna )) Thanks to these people, despite the small amount of time we were able to appreciate and love the beautiful city of Udaipur. On some domestic issues have nothing to say, they are simply not there. Hot water, internet, delicious breakfast, great room - no problem. And importantly Sam and his family is very important to volunteer work with children. I believe they will succeed ! And we will come back ...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

After one year I returned to Chandra Niwas and was enjoying it as much as before!
The family is very open-minded and helpful and even I only stayed very short I directly felt home again. A very relaxing stay with a cup of real coffee!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Chandra Niwas is a beautiful place filled with everything a human being needs: amazing company, clean and lively decorated rooms, and a sense of homeyness that one truly needs from time to time while traveling through the insane labyrinth of India. Our host Samvit and his parents were more than accommodating, and showed me what true hospitality is all about. We came during the off season and as a result got the true star treatment from our host Samvit, a lively character with an infectious laugh, and a personality that will inspire you to live better. By the end of our first day there, I felt as if I had known him for my entire life, and we just had not seen one another in many years. I left feeling more in the moment than I have ever felt, and that is something that is truly priceless. Thank you so much for such a magnificent stay in Udaipur. Dont miss this truly unique, personalized bed and breakfast. It will be the best decision you have made in years. :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The Chandra Niwas B&B is truly a unique place! Samvit and his lovely and humble parents made us feel so very welcomed from the moment we arrived, and the warm open invitation is now extended for a lifetime. The room that I shared with my girlfriend was clean and tidy, with perks such as warm water and a nice space heater, which was crucial for the cool winter nights. Our experience was highlighted by the fact that it was not peak season, so the owner Samvit actually took the time to show us around the town a bit and took us to some delicious hot spots to eat and enjoy hot chocolate. From the start we felt as if Samvit was an old friend, and his kindness, generosity, beautiful smile and addictive laugh will forever be in my memories of Udaipur. I received much more of an experience than I could ever have asked for, and I will never be able to think about this wonderful city of lakes without immediately thinking of Chandra Niwas. I cannot recommend any higher this once in a lifetime experience! If you come to Udaipur and do not stay with these wonderful people, you will be missing out!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Migjorn Gran, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I participated in the three week long cultural exchange with Chandra Niwas and it was one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. I can easily say that it was a culturally enlighten experience of a life time. I had been traveling through India for a few weeks and was frustrated that I was only scratching the surface of Indian culture. I luckily met a woman that had just completed this cultural exchange program and she highly recommended it. The family at Chandra Niwas welcomed me completely into their lives. They made me feel like part of the family. My room was wonderful, the food was amazing, the excursions were fascinating and the people were so kind, generous and patient. I feel privileged to have been involved in this program.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Chandra Niwas Homestay? Share your experiences!