“Escape to life in a real palace” 4 of 5 stars

You added Chunda Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Chunda Palace Hotel
4.5 of 5 Lodge   |   1 Haridas Ji Ki,Magri Main Road, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Western Cape, South Africa
“Escape to life in a real palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

The moment you step inside this hotel you realise this is something different. The overly decorated walls and elaborate furnisher is all over-the-top. All inside walls and ceilings are either hand-painted or elaborately decorated. You feel over stimulated at first, but as you get used to it, you start to marvel at the actual beauty of the place.
Our room was huge with a build-in sunbed in the bay window. The bathroom is functional beyond the over-the-top design.
The rooftop restaurant, pool and bar area is spectacular!!! You will not get a better 360 degree view of the amazingly beautiful Udaipur.
Restaurant offering is average although the service is friendly and helpful.
The Palace is close to the old town centre.

Room Tip: Don't use the tuk-tuk's in front of the hotel. They charge way too much. Rather take a sho...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with much attention given to any detail. The decor truthfully conveys the Old India spirit while the services are modern and efficient and can appeal to any test. It is shame that in their grounds (at the entrance) they have quite a large shop, Rama Art Gallery that took our money and failed to send an item we bought (a marble bowl) and to respond all our mails. This is in contrast to a small ironsmith workshop run by 2 brothers (K.G.Soni & Gourav Soni that made all efforts to deliver. We enjoyed our stay but our Rama Gallery experience left a very bitter test as we found ourselves playing again the role of a dumb tourist that is preyed upon by the very people that make their livelihood from tourism. Sorry Chunda Palace, in spite of your better efforts (and investment) we will NOT return to Udaipur!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

What a hotel, or should I say palace! We really feel like royalty here. The room was gigantic as was the bathroom. The service was noteworthy and the views from the roof-top restaurant and pool were breathtaking.

What makes this hotel stand out is the amazing artwork. We were blown away by the intricately hand-painted ceilings and walls. It was amazing to see the ongoing work by the artisans. This day and age, we simply don't see this kind of workmanship.

We highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I recently got married at the Chunda Palace in Udaipur. Abhinav, Pradeep and team were absolutely fantastic in arranging and delivering my most perfect wedding.

I had visited the Palace in July 2013 where my mum and I were absolutely stunned by the magnificent Palace. They were able to show us some of the guest rooms and we couldn't get over how big and grand they were. We were planning a wedding of 100+ guests flying from all over the world, but most of our guests were coming from the UK. The first thing I went to check was the bathrooms - most hotels have a great room but let themselves down when it comes to the bathroom, I can tell you that the Chunda Palace bathrooms and rooms were all of 5 star quality.

We booked the entire Palace with all of the guest rooms for our 3 day wedding with all guests staying in the Palace and all events taking place at the Palace. Abhinav and his team helped me plan the wedding and I dealt directly with them on all aspects of decor, menu and wedding package. Everything was arrange in 6 months leading up to the wedding in February 2014 with all communication being done via email (a method of communication I preferred). I had a total of 5 events over the course of the 3 days and utilised the various terraces and halls for my events that not one event was in the same area.

Every room in the Palace is unique and has antique furniture. The beds are amazing, and the 4 poster king bed in my suite was great. Even though we had a whole suite with 3 beds for myself and my 2 sisters, we still all slept in the huge bed!!

The food was absolutely gorgeous, our wedding event menus, lunch and breakfast was spectacular, all of our guests were raving about the food and the desserts were delicious.

The team were amazing and I cannot find anything bad to say about Chunda Palace. It's now been 6 weeks since the wedding and I can tell you that all of our guests have not stopped talking about the wedding and Chunda Palace. We hope to return for another visit sometime soon.

Whether you are looking to book Chunda Palace for a holiday or wedding, you will not be disappointed. Nothing is too much for the team and all you have to do is ask. They truly adopt Indian hospitality!

If anyone is looking to book a wedding at Chunda Palace and would like to hear more about my experience please feel free to get in touch. It can daunting planning a wedding especially a wedding abroad and I know I would have liked to hear from another couple and their experience.

Thank you again to Abhinav, Pradeep and team!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful,
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Words cannot describe this beautiful hotel a palace it truly is, from the lovely surroundings to the majestic décor.The rooms are beautiful & very big with a very big bathroom which is great.The staff were fantastic & could not help you more,from the staff at the front desk to the house cleaning staff to the staff in the restaurant they all made our stay a memorable one.If you want a hotel with beautiful views of the lake & surrounds & not pay lake side prices this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My wife and I do not ordinarily stay at five-star hotels, but every once in a while we like to splurge. In this case, we were glad we did. The name of the hotel says it all -- it is a palace. Words cannot adequately describe the majestic, traditional Rajput decor so I have uploaded some photos. Our double room could have easily accommodated a party of six without crowding, and the bathroom alone was larger than most Japanese hotel rooms. I noticed that a prior reviewer who wanted to see the sights in Udaipur regretted that he could not spend more time in his room enjoying the ambience. We would echo that sentiment. The level of service matched the surroundings.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My daughter just got married at the Palace and it was Just an absolutely a magic majestic occasion. The management and the staff were truly efficient in giving my daughter her special day. We had hired the whole Place for 3 days and we were treated like royalty, not one of our guest at the wedding complained about about the hotel, staff or the management. And the food was second to none. The cost of the whole wedding came to a par with cost in the UK, however, the Chunda Palace just delivered that something special, something personal which my daughter will treasure forever. I have two more daughters to marry off and guess where we are looking to book.

Room Tip: No tips in this area, every room lives up to the name of a Palace.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Chunda Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!