“The Best Place to stay in Udaipur” 5 of 5 stars

Chunda Palace Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Haridas Ji Ki,Magri Main Road, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Ranked #34 of 120 Hotels in Udaipur
London, United Kingdom
“The Best Place to stay in Udaipur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Exceptional place to stay in Udaipur. From the moment we checked-in to our departure was just luxury! The hotel is well located and the staff go out of their way to make you comfortable. Mr. Arbind Kumar Prasad, Assistant Front Office Manager, checked us in and we were given a palatial room - the ambience is just mind-blowing! He was extremely efficient and polite and courteous and together with Mr. Vaibhav Ameta, Senior Front Office Associate, ensured that we were treated like royalty. We are checking out very early tomorrow morning but nothing is any trouble for the staff - we will have breakfast to carry at 4.30 in the morning! This hotel has absolutely stunning artwork and facilities. We are sad that we could not stay longer but will definitely like to return.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be exceptional!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

superb place to stay in udaipur .it is a traditional palace with modern amenities and great works of art . rooms are palatial and each bathroom has an inbuit jacuzzi . the roof top swimming pool is great place to unwind . gret view from terrace of entire surrounding lakes . food is superb . the hotel is centrally located .

Room Tip: take a room on higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Chunda Palace left us with ambivalent feelings about the property. The hotel is located in a quiet area not too far from the city centre, has amazing views from the terrace esp. in the evenings & serves delicious food. We also got an upgrade to a huge suite which was terrific.

Some might find the decor nice but we found it a bit kitschy & over the top. The food in the restaurant is really pricey. Though delicious, this makes it difficult if you want to have most meals at the hotel during a longer stay. One of the waiters was really rude to us and ruined our mood for the day. The hotel definitely needs to better the service levels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed over here at chunda palace as I already had stayed with this property,this is just a marvelous hotel by location,by infrastructure, by management, by staff and above all its food, when i had the food at restaurant once i thought that I must met to chef( as I also run a small chain of restaurant)but I some how i could not met with the chef as he was busy in the preparation of food.when next day in the dinner I ordered for brownie, the server took the order and after a couple of minutes he refused that sorry sir we don't have brownie it was just irritating for me because my wife is very fond of brownie.after more a couple of minute he came to us and request only for 5 to 8 minutes and told me that our chef is making fresh brownie for you, I just surprised and asked him "if you are jocking with us" how is it possible to make brownie in 5 minutes, I know very well that how much time it takes to make.you can't believe what happened, exactly after 7 to 8 minutes I got the freshly made brownie on my dining table, I were just surprised to see it on the table it was so yummy to eat, it was the best brownie I ever had in my life, I could not stop myself to met with the chef I met the chef who made the brownie, I hope his name is chef tyagi, I wanted to carry him with me but, for a while I thought that its not good to steal someone's man, but I wish him all the best in his future...thank u chef....thank u chunda palace for make our stay most memorable ever.

• Stayed September 2013
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

A great treat fpor those who wish to experience the hospitality of Rajasthan ! Regal,royal surroundings,large rooms in the ancient style an excellent swimming pool and easy access to transport.The living room is wonderful and one can spend a lot of time admiring all the decorations.Gracious hospitality and food in the Rajput style.Good for those who want to experience Rajasthan on a reasonable budget !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We chose Chunda on not getting a booking at Trident. And thank god that this happened to us. Mind blowing interiors, we could spend hours only exploring the royal interior designs of Chunda Palace. Rooms was spacious, very comfortable, meticulously cleaned and with amazing royal rajasthani interiors. Bathroom was even better with jacuzzi and marble fittings. There were 2 swimming pools. Terrace restaurant threw an exquisite romantic setting at night. Breakfast was of good quality and had enough variety. Bar was relaxing and royal. Only negative was the view from room. In fact there was no view at all. Staff was very courteous. Perfect for those who wants to have a feel a rajasthan royalty without spending a fortune. Recommended completely.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at Chunda Palace in September 2013 just for a night, with friends. The hotel has nice Rajasthani-style architecture. We stayed at the Palace Room and were quite pleased with it. The room was huge, clean, and decorated very colourfully. The bed was also really big and we had a nice spacious sitting area in a windowed alcove which doubled as an extra bed. The bathroom was again really big with twin basins, and had a "jacuzzi" that was unfortunately leaking. The hotel sent someone to fix this however, it was leaking again the next day.
The roof-top restaurant here serves good food and the morning buffet was really nice. There was a lot of choice, both, Indian and continental.
The staff is courteous and always ready to help.
My friends and I had a problem locating the hotel though. We had to pass through some really narrow and crowded streets, kept losing our way, and no one seemed to know of the hotel. So, if you're driving to Chunda Palace, I'd recommend you call them in advance and ask for directions.
One last important thing: this hotel is located away from Lake Pichola and the hustle and bustle of Udaipur. This can be a pro or a con depending on how you see it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Chunda Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!