“Minus Breakfast, Excellent property to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Udaipur Bed n Breakfast
#5, New Manglam Complex | Shobghpura, Udaipur 313001, India   |
Ranked #72 of 170 Udaipur B&B and Inns
Mohali, India
“Minus Breakfast, Excellent property to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Locating the property is a bit tough.The owners need to add clear landmarks on their site.What is mentioned is inadequate. GPS shows roads that are yet to be built.So one tends to go round & round.
The property is excellent. Rooms are clean & match up to what has been put on the B&B site of theirs.
Breakfast is a big letdown . Especially for us Punjabi's....It was hopelessly inadequate... We were carrying our dry rations , but the kitchenette show, was not on the same floor,,, So inconvenient from breakfast point of view. Overall good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family stayed in Udaipur bed n breakfast for 3 nights during our tour at Udaipur. The rooms are excellent but still some work is going on, sufficient lights needed in the toilet as the toilet and dressing area are combined. One should not expect the service like any hotel, there was no room cleaning arrangement for those three days, there is no arrangement for calling so one need to come down for water, as the rooms are at 1st floor.
What most I faced bad is the breakfast, as it is situated slightly away from the city so there is no nearby restaurant available for alternate choice. Considering this the Ramesh family needs to improve the Quality and Quantity of the breakfast. They should keep at least two varieties of breakfast and with sufficient quantity, which was lacking during our stay. Otherwise i would say the room and furnishing are very good. One can consider only stay without breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

For two months I stayed with the Dashora family while I was working for an NGO, Seva Mandir. Rameshji and his family are kind, welcoming, caring, hard-working, and just truly lovely. I am so grateful that I was able to live with a family during my stay in India. I was able to have experiences and learn about Udaipur culture in a way that would not be discovered by staying in a hotel. Although I will never be able to cook as well as Chandaji and Parul, I did learn how to make a bad chapati. This was my first time in India and at times I felt quite overwhelmed, but there was never a time when I felt uncomfortable in the Dashora home. The atmosphere, accommodations, and most of all the people of the Dashora family made my first stay in India an incredible and unforgettable experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed at this excellent place for a few days. This has been the best place during my travel in India. The rooms definetely have european standard, its very clean, nice furniture. you feel cozy and comfortable at once. it reminds you of home...the family is very nice and friendly and you will get delicious food! i strongly recommend when you come to udaipur dont miss that great experience and stay at udaipur bed n breakfast!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed with Mr Ramesh and his family for one month. In a word my stay was brilliant. I could not have asked for a more comfortable place to stay. The food was delicious, the facilities were of a high standard and above all the family were very accommodating and friendly. I was made to feel at home and would recommend a stay here to anyone. Top marks for a top class family and B&B.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Redcar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed in the Udaipur B n B for about 40 days/nights from May to June. I could not have wished for a nicer place to stay. I was immediately made comfortable and at ease with the family. Mr Ramesh gave me great advice and assistance during my stay there.
Chandra the lady of the house is amazing and cooks great food, her and her daughter Parul are lovely to be around and made me feel at home.
I would recommend any body to stay here, its a little out of the city centre but i thought that was great as it was so peaceful away from the hustle and bustle of Udaipur but still not to far from anywhere.
I am sure anybody who stays here will be pleased with the rooms and bathrooms, I have seen all available rooms and bathrooms and they are all a good as each other. Very clean tidy and spacious. Over all a great place to stay in Udaipur.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stopped over at this wonderful B&B on our way back from Mumbai after reading reviews on trip advisor.Must say that we were pleasantly surprised and the place turned out to be much better than we expected and Mr Ramesh's family (the owners) even better.We had driven down from Mumbai and all we needed was a basic room to stay the night but Mr Ramesh upgraded our room and made sure that we had all the rest that we needed.They also provided us home made delicious meal.The rooms are excellent ..absolutely clean and the bathrooms are big and well fitted.There is a large sitting area and huge terrace.Had a woderful experience.This place is about 2-3 km from the main city centre but the city center where we stayed on our earlier visit is extremely crowded and we had problems with parking space etc so I would recommend this B&B to all who plan a visit to Udaipur.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Udaipur Bed n Breakfast? Share your experiences!