We visited for our first anniversary with a "romance at the leela" package booked through the Leela Contact centre over the phone. This was my first visit to any Leela property.
This property is situated on Lake Pichola, and seems very intimate while maintaining its grand palatial feel. The service levels were excellent - I have stayed at various 5 star properties across the world but none have been this efficient and friendly.
We were picked up from the airport in a luxury sedan, dropped at the shore of the lake, and continued onwards in a motor boat. This was a great experience, and once in the hotel, the check-in was done only after we were seated on the sofas in our room.
The staff is very happy to help, and appears genuinely happy to be working there. Dining options are limited, with "the dining room" as the main restaurant, serving breakfast in the morning, and a diverse menu with popular international options for lunch & dinner. The "sheesh mahal" restaurant has locally inspired Indian dining options, and is probably one of the nicest fine dining restaurants in Rajasthan. Spa is great as well, with spacious rooms and experienced staff. I strongly recommend the cocktails created using locally brewed heritage liquors - Ved is a great bar manager with good knowledge about these spirits and how to best mix them.
I would certainly like to visit this hotel again, driven primarily by the service quality of the staff, and the quality of the property itself (rooms, beds, dining, etc).
- Also Known As:
- The Leela Palace Udaipur Hotel Udaipur
- The Leela Palace Udaipur Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leela Palace, Kempinski Udaipur, with its breathtaking view of the Aravalli Mountains stands majestically in a natural setting on the banks of the Lake Pichola. The Leela Palace offers its discerning guests an opportunity to experience royal living of majestic times.Evoking a grandeur and opulence of a bygone era, all 80 rooms and suites overlook the tranquil waters of the lake. Heritage and Lake view rooms finely appointed with artifacts and furnishings representing the handicrafts of Rajasthan. The suites evoke a sense of architecture which includes the rich and natural detailing of traditional Indian palaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, EasyToBook, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Leela Palace Udaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.