“What a tent experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
INR 38500 per night
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Horley, England, United Kingdom
“What a tent experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Without doubt the best hotel experience ever which I have no hesitation in recommending to others. As regards seeing tigers - by comparison to some visitors we were extremely lucky and saw four - a mother and two of her three cubs and a lone male. And they were all on or near the actual track before any of the drives start - and we saw them at close quarters, too.

Room Tip: In this hotel all the rooms are good!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

I am glad to know that our facilities, activities and services met your expectations and made your stay a perfect one.

My team and I are really happy that you were able to see the majestic female tigress along with her little cubs

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again for another memorable experience.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Melvin Village, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights in January as part of our month long trip through India. You go here to visit the tiger preserve, and be forewarned that your chances of seeing the animal are slim, just because there are so few of them in the park and they are highly territorial and thus scattered. The park is lovely to see on its own, but fair warning on seeing tigers. The compensation for missing the beast will be staying at this outstanding offering from Oberoi. I will only echo what others have written, so won't bore you. This is THE place to stay, so splurge and do so. The tents are beyond belief, as are the grounds!

Room Tip: There aren't any bad ones!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

I am glad that our product and services met your expectations. We are sorry that you were not able to sight a tiger, but we are glad that you enjoyed the drive to the jungle.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back here again to experience the Oberoi hospitality!

Warm Regards
Norwich UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Best hotel ever. From the moment we set foot in the hotel to the moment we left, we felt like amazingly welcomed and honoured guests. I kept running out of superlatives in my postcards, it was such a wow experience. Everything is calm, tip top luxury, seamlessly delivered. Outstanding ambience, tranquility and comfort. Despite only two days, we felt uplifted and will return for a longer stay next time. Ratna Malhotra, the manager, brings the whole thing together as if it is her home and she is welcoming you to it. Every member of staff is a total part of the whole experience and without exception, goes the extra mile to ensure a memorable stay. Wonderful tents, furnished to an incredibly high standard and superb grounds. A great restaurant with staff who care deeply about the food and your enjoyment of it. Faultless, thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your beautiful and detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests. I am glad to know that our facilities, activities and services exceeded your expectations and made your stay a very enjoyable experience.

We put in a lot of effort to train our team at offering highly personalized, intuitive and unobtrusive service to all our guests and positive feedback on service from patrons like you is one of our biggest achievements!

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to our team, especially food and beverage and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My team and I really look forward to welcoming you back soon again for a longer and another memorable stay.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Small resort with luxury tents near Ranthambhore tiger reserve. Amazing experience from the momment you arrive and are greeted by the 2 resident elephants and a rose flower petal shower. Beautiful grounds, amazing luxury tent rooms and impecable service. The food at the cozy indoor- outdoor restaurant is great. The best pain et chocolat we have ever tried is made freshly for breakfast by their amazing pastry chef. The general manager Ratna Malhotra makes you feel like you are a guest of honor in her own home. The experience is enhanced by the incredibly unique opportunity to see tigers in the wild literally 10 feet away from you! The hotel provides twice daily runs in the tiger reserve( jungle) with a naturalist guide. In one of the tiger safari runs, in an open jeep in the middle of the jungle, my wife lost our camera. We realized it once we were out of the park on our way back to the hotel. We mentioned it to the hotel staff but were convinced there was no way it would be found. The next day, we left to our next destination, another Oberoi property in Jaipur. We were shocked when the next morning at Jaipur, they presented us our camera which was recovered in the jungle by the Vanyanvilas staff and delivered with the next train to us! Simply amazing!

Thank you so much for your beautiful and detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to our team, especially the pastry Chef for the wonderful pain au chocolat and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your very kind words.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. We are glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our facilities and services and specially our dining experience.

We put in a lot of effort to train our team at offering highly personalized, intuitive and unobtrusive service to all our guests and positive feedback on service from patrons like you is our biggest reward! I am glad that we were able to find your camera and deliver it on time in Jaipur.

My team and I are happy to know that the majestic tiger put up a wonderful show for you and we look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience.

Yorkshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have just returned from an amazing trip to India and the Far East where we stayed at several really good hotels but I can honestly say that the best one that we stayed in was the Oberoi Vanyavilas at Ranthambore. The service was absolutely outstanding - from the welcome that we received from the Manager to breakfast under the mango trees after a lovely drive into the jungle looking for the elusive tigers.

The food was excellent and the service was second to none. We loved the luxury tents and the ambience of the whole place was superb.

I have to comment on the ladies on reception who sorted out a couple of problems that we didn't even notice regarding transport. The body warmers, blankets and hot water bottle that were supplied to my wife and I were just a lovely indulgent touch. A big thank you to them and of course to all staff who were just brilliant.

I would also like to thank the elephants and Mahouts for their welcome after the game drives - a lovely touch.

If this sounds like an Oscar winners speech then I can only apologise but it was a truly Oscar winning performance. Thanks to all concerned.

Room Tip: Not required in my opinion

Thank you so much for your beautiful and detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests. I am glad to know that our facilities, activities and services met your expectations and made your stay enjoyable.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to our culinary team, the front desk team and the mahouts and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your very kind words.

We are truly honored by you considering us “The Best” and our services “An Oscar Winning Performance”. Thank you so much for the same.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you the best of the Oberoi hospitality.

Best regards
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I don't even know where to begin with this hotel. We were here in December for a few days. This hotel has amazing rooms, bathrooms, grounds, service and restaurants! All the staff were attentive and went out of their way to make every guest's stay perfect. My mother noted at breakfast that she couldn't eat bread and one of the waiter's noted this and provided a special meal during lunch for her (without asking). The housekeeping staff were also very considerate - they noted that our room was cold and wanted to make sure everything was fine. They also provided hot water bottles in our beds to keep us warm. One of our sinks cracked due to boiling water and it was replaced before we returned to the room. These are only a few instances (there were many more) that show how on the ball the staff were. The spa was quite nice - big private rooms and bathrooms with nice decor - however, the ayurvedic massage was so-so. Overall an amazing stay! We are already planning our return back to this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your beautiful and detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests. I am glad to know that our facilities, activities and services exceeded your expectations and made your stay a perfect one.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to our team, especially food and beverage and housekeeping and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your very kind words. We are really happy to note that our little guests also enjoyed their stay with us.

I have also shared your constructive feedback with the SPA team about the Ayurvedic Treatment. We will definitely work towards improving it further.

Best regards
Los Altos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

we took our ten year old twins to ranthanmbore for the tiger safari and stayed at vanyavilas for 3 nights in january 2013. its a little piece of heavan in the middle of the forest...you are transported to a world of pampering where no request is too big!the luxury tents were truly amazing set amidst acres of greenery,with birds and peacocks calling out,at the same time with all the creature comforts.my daughters were really blown away by the personalised cookies in the tent upon arrival and bath slippers that were actually their size:)there were plenty of fun activities for kids post the jungle drives...bird watching,block printing,mocktail making,henna artists,gardening.there was nothing more the staff coud have done to spoil us at vanyavilas,with the attention to detail and extremely attentive customer service,a lot of credit for which should go to the genral mgr Ratna malhotra,who was very hands on at the vilas.
the food was fantastic,fresh ingredients and we sampled a lot of regional specialties along with international fare.
there would be bonfire and folk music in the gardens in the evening which was quite nice too.
we didnt spot any tigers but were still sad to be leaving so soon.this was the highlight of our indian vacation.thank you for not just a wonderful stay but a memorabe experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your beautiful and detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

We are honored by you for considering us as a ‘Little piece of Heaven in the middle of the forest’.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests. I am glad to know that our facilities, activities and services exceeded your expectations and made your stay a memorable one.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to our team, especially the Chef and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words. We are really happy to note that our little guests also enjoyed their stay with us.

My team and I really look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon again for some more beautiful memories and definitely to see the tigers this time.

Best Regards

Been to The Oberoi Vanyavilas? Share your experiences!