“Simple beyond compare” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Nairobi, Kenya
“Simple beyond compare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have stayed in many 5* hotels and must say the Oberoi Vanyavillas is up there on the top 3 podium. Attention to detail, anticipating needs, little personalised touched...they excelled...simply excelled.

This hotel is in a league of its own and the GM was super..!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Best regards

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This property exceeded expectations at every step of the way. I have travelled to a number of hotels in India - right from a one star to a five star property and this was probably the best in terms of service. Having travelled in India, there is a certain lack of trust in the instructions given to the hotel or its staff. Here there was no such problem and no need to follow up on anything. Example: we decided to stay for an extra safari and therefore needed tickets in a later train. They did it with just one phone from me and in fact had to tell me they have everything in control when I kept asking for the status! That kind of service just stands out in a property, and for me, it was a refreshing change!
Everyone greets you with a smile and with your name.. they remember your favorite drink and how many cubes of ice you like.. These small things just exceeded expectations and set a very high standard.
The only disappointing aspect of the whole trip is something that was not in control of anyone at the hotel - The Safari's! I wish they had some control over the zones or choose the zones for their guests.
They cater mainly to older couples from outside India.
The food was absolutely amazing. The chef - a young girl, would come and ask how your meal was and then recommend something for the next meal.. the menu changing for every meal is a great idea as it keeps one guessing!
Ratna as the general manager was great. She was always there with a quick word asking if everything is all right and telling us about the hotel or elephants or something interesting.
The tents are really good and you can spend the whole day just lounging around in it! It was interesting to know that they take down everything in the monsoon season.
All in all a absolutely great stay and one from which I am now having withdrawal symptoms!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful and detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Your appreciation is a great source of encouragement and we are motivated to preserve and attain even higher standards of service excellence.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to Vidhu and our team, especially Front Office and Food and Beverage and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations with respect to the Jungle drive as it is completely controlled by the forest authority and we have no control over it. However we will give your feedback to the forest department.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you the best of the Oberoi hospitality!

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited this Property December 2012. Our first trip to Jaipur & Ranthambhore.
The Hotel was absolutely Enchanting! The Hotel staff greated us like we were Maharajas, the kids with us were so excited we were greated by elephants, & garlands my son was adorned with a turban & was absolutely tickled. Fresh watermelon juice was very welcoming as we took care of checkin formalities. We were taken on a tour around this awesome property which seemed exclusive. I have to say Mr. Obeori as a Hotelier has done a fantastic job with a very fine eye for detail.
The Well appointed Rooms/Tents were luxurious had the feel that we were camping with all the luxuries & mordern day devices possible.
The Beds were heavenly, warm water bottles place under the duvets to keep the bed warm & cosy. We had a rollaway bed for my 10yr old son that was also very comfortable. He had lovely welcome note with all the facilities he could enjoy from DVDs to video games chess bridwatching trip to the watch tower etc.. with a Chocolate care platter laid out for him & a map of the Hotel to explore.
The Bath tub was luxurious with fabolous bath oils
The Rain showers strong & relaxing
The Gym & spa also very well eqquipped
The resturants & Bar very warm & comfortable. The Resturants tried so hard to make every meal magical with different venues & elaborate table settings for our meals!
The Pool side area was lovely to just B. Water temperature could be slightly warmer though.
The Oberoi Hotels must have a great Training team every staff we bumped into right from the GM to the Chef, to the gardener was so polite so eager to please & so concerned. The chef would be happy to rustle up anything or cusine we were in a mood for even off the Menu. Housekeeping was awesome they would even tidy up all our headphone, electronic device wires into a tidy wire ties.
The Safari rides arranged by the Hotel had such a lovely touch to it... by providing us with Clean Jeeps with Blankets & hot water bottles to keep us warm & packed goodies incase any one got hungry.
What I liked most was never having to wait to sign a bill at the resturant, pool or bar.
The Management recommends us not tip their staff & even if u attempt to they would graciously resfuse. However once can leave a genouros tip at the end of the stay whilst settling the bill.
On pur last night we had going away presents... a memento of our stay at Vanyavillas left on our pillow a glass paw of the tigers & tiger mug on my son's pillow.
Our departure from the hotel was a farewell my all the hotel staff from the elephants, to the gm right down to the gardner. A fab end to a magical experience. We now look forward to visiting the other Oberoi Properties. Thank you Mr. Oberoi & your wonderful team for making our stay Magical!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your beautiful detailed review on the Trip Advisor.

A stay in a luxury tent at The Oberoi Vanyavilas is definitely unique - it brings you close to the nature without compromising on luxury and comfort. We are glad that you loved the tent experience! Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests. I am glad that our product and services met your expectations.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to my entire team and they have conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Vanyavilas in mid January 2013. I have never received such a welcome and departure with elephants, the manager, the staff making sure everything was perfect, and it was. From the minute we stepped out of the car, the General Manager, Ratna Malhotra, treated us like we were guests in her very beautiful home. I watched her treat two elderly guests traveling alone like they were her Aunts, and she and the staff treated everyone like that.
The tent was immaculate and luxurious, the music at night, the lectures on the area, the hotwater bottles and blankets for the early morning tiger drives, made our stay unforgettable. We took a tour with the horticulturalist on the grounds, and he presented us with a picture he had taken of us.
It is truly like stepping into another world. Kay and Jim Snow

Room Tip: They are all wonderful, I'm sure.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind and beautiful review on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests and I am glad that our facilities and services met your expectations.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to Manoj (the horticulturist) for his tour and our naturalist for his sessions and they have both conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again.

Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This must be one of the best hotels that I have stayed in. Attention to detail was second to none the tented accommodation has to be seen to be believed. The manageress runs a very tight ship and everything was perfect, even the resident elephants are delightful.
I couldn't falt this hotel in any way, it is superb.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VanyavilasOberoi, General Manager at The Oberoi Vanyavilas, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words of appreciation on the Trip Advisor.

Our tent is the most important element in the overall experience and makes a huge difference to a guest’s stay. Thank you for letting us know that the room as a product exceeded your expectations, and that you found it very comfortable.

My team and I along with Mala and Laxmi, our elephants look forward to welcoming you back.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

What an unexpectedly incredible place to stay! We booked here really as a break in between travelling from Agra to Jaipur, but were blown away by the luxurious tranquility that awaited us. The hotel is one of the most beautiful places we have ever stayed, and felt like a proper retreat from the world, with daily yoga, art classes, talks and much more. Nothing felt like it was too much trouble for anyone. Our 'tent' was unbelievable, better then any hotel room we've been in. We could have lived there! Beautifully furnished, with your own garden filled with peacocks wandering around outside. It felt like you were in a beautiful film. Poonam, our housekeeper, surprised my wife one evening with a bath full of rose petals, and even made the year of our anniversary in it! My wife and I were blown away. This really reflects the attitude of the hotel and all of the wonderful staff they have, it's all in the details and making things as personal as possible for the guests.

The morning we had our early morning jeep ride into the park, the hotel gave us hot water bottles and thick blankets for our drive, such a thoughtful (and helpful!) touch for the freezing morning. We had our meals under the stars, around a fire pit, which couldn't have been any more romantic if they tried! Our dietary requirements were handled with grace and ease by the amazing chefs.

The General Manager Ratna was incredibly hospitable, discreet, professional and kind, and really helped to make our stay over our anniversary one to remember. We sadly only had 2 nights here, and immediately regretted not booking for longer. We cannot wait to be back!

Room Tip: They are all incredible and identical, but the further you are away from the main communal areas the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

At the onset allow me to thank you for writing the beautiful review on the Trip Advisor for us.

Our beautiful luxury tents and the gardens at The Oberoi Vanyavilas are unique - it brings you close to nature without compromising on the luxury, comfort and beauty. We are glad that you loved the tents and the gardens!

I have personally shared your appreciation of the efforts put in by Poonam and the rest of my team to exceed your expectations. They are all thrilled to hear your kind feedback.

I am extremely glad to know that your visit to our property was memorable and that our facilities and services exceeded your expectations.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon in not too distant future for another unforgettable experience of a longer stay.

Our warmest regards
Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Vanyavilas in November 2012. With the exception of the international flights, the hotels, internal flights, road transport and safaris were organised by Ratna Malhotra,the General Manager of Vanyavilas. Everything ran smoothly, not even a small hitch was encountered which was quite exceptional because some of the arrangements were last minute decisions due to my having had major surgery shortly before the trip to India and the surgeons had advised against early travel. We had a very warm welcome and after a lovely lunch we were shown to the our tent which had been chosen for us because of its proximity to the restaurant and public rooms. As I have special dietary requirements I was introduced to the chef in order to make arrangements for my meals, the waiters were very attentive and the food came exactly as it was ordered. In fact, every member of the staff did their jobs so well it seemed like things were done almost by magic. The tents are magnificent, the gardens are just too beautiful and the staff extremely gracious, all that put together makes Vanyavilas the most wonderful place to stay. We loved it so much we are hoping to return in April.

Room Tip: I am sure any special room requests would be dealt with satisfactorily by the hotel management.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words of appreciation on the Trip Advisor.

Relaxing ambiance paired with personalized yet unobtrusive service is what we always aim to offer to all our guests and your appreciation of our luxurious tents and cuisine is really encouraging. The spacious gardens and facilities favor privacy and relaxation. I am glad that you enjoyed our product and services to the fullest.

On your behalf, I have personally conveyed your compliments to the entire team and they have also conveyed their heartfelt appreciation for your kind words.

We hope you are both keeping in great health. My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in April. Please feel free to write to me at Ratna.Malhotra@oberoihotels.com if you need any assistance in planning your holiday with Oberoi Hotels.

Been to The Oberoi Vanyavilas? Share your experiences!