“WORST PLACE TO BE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Sawai Madhopur
Toronto, Canada
“WORST PLACE TO BE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

i went there in 3rd week of july 2012 . To my surprise the whole resort was empty due to the off season hence there was no staff at all . The restaurant was closed for the season . The place was very messy and the power situation is worse as the cut are very frequent so you have to wait for the power back up again and again .The place was very dirty and the food prepared was not up to the standerd. overall very unprofessionally kept property .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Went for two night stay at this place. This hotel is completely avoidable. Rooms stink and bathroom stink even more. Rooms are really bad with nothing working in it. A/C not effective , when complained I was told this the best it is. Beds have bugs in them, I could not sleep all night long. Staff is so arrogant they cannot talk straight. Talking to them is making fun of your self. No one manning this place during the night. it is so dark all over that one feels scared. I would for sure not reccomend this hotel for women or anyone with family. Food I dont know who makes it but really sucks. I would never go to this hotel ever again or even reccomend to anyone. Even if they offer free stay dont go.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Kerria_Hotels, Owner at Kerria Hotel - Ranthambore Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Mr. Setbomber, I would like to thank you for taking out time and giving us your feedback as this makes us know where we lack and what all to improve so that the other guest coming at our hotel do not face such problems and issues.
I have been through all the reviews posted by you for various places and I believe you had been completely pissed off with Kerria Hotel Ranthambore as a whole.
I would also like to inform you that I myself was the General Manager of Velvet Apple Hotel in Delhi where you stayed and I am sure the staff had been on with all the similar activities which I taught them. Even the Manager who is handling my present hotel at Ranthambore was the Front office Manager at Velvet Apple Hotel. This is the reason I am quite surprised that We used to do so much for guest when we were employees and Now with our own hotel we cannot do such blunders

I would like to know your dates of stay and the name on which the booking had been made, as I had been going through the entire check in register and I couldnt see any guest who travelled solo in the month of April. This we generally need to know to check from all the staff members to make sure that the Staff is not hiding anything, I would request you to send me the details, being the owner of a hotel I understand that all you have mentioned is not at all acceptable and I assure you that this will surely be taken care off.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Room - CLEAN and Peaceful
Washroom - Excellent fittings
Stay - Pampered. Beds are sooooooooft....we slept for long hours
Food - Expensive but delicious. Small portions fit large appetites. (2 portions of chicken were sufficient for 4 adults)
Staff - Helpful, Hospitable, Prompt
Mosquito problem - Yes, but wat do u expect if the jungle begins from across the fence
Hassle free trip, since planning the entire trip was executed by the hotel staff (Ravi)
Value for Money stay and lotsa positive memories...except than we couldnt spot a Tiger :(

Room Tip: All rooms on the Ground Floor seem the same....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The negatives -
power back up is not strong enough-with delays that can disturb your sleep, lights fluctuating with slow fans during that time, food order turn around time is min.45-50 minutes that is way too difficult to manage when you are really hungry, lot of mosquitoes around, most rooms had seepage problem, musty smelling, cable TV provided that goes off air intermittently, Wi-fi committed in public areas but on checking it wasn't available at all, F&B charges cost a bomb for that kind of hotel...a soda bottle is 60 bucks while a mineral bottle is 70 bucks...that can be bought for 12 bucks right across the street, they seriously need to atleast half the charges they think they deserve (consider this...2 tiny gulab jamuns cost 150 bucks !!),They offered us discount on F&B bill but not adequately.Being a new hotel that opened on 15th feb.2012, they need to build reputation with low charges to attract guests in a competitive zone & scale up hinderance free services !

The positives-
the staff is courteous, co-operative, friendly & polite.We were given room options to choose from (as practically the whole hotel seemed empty when we walked in), Nice room interiors, LCD TV on wall, good bathroom fittings, nice n cozy beds with good quality duvets, good table lamps, mini fridge in room with tea, coffee maker & mineral water bottle everyday, 24 hrs.room service, good open lawn infront of all rooms with sitting arena, walking access to nearby small market for day to day needs. Hotel owner is in Delhi & talks gladly over phone when needed. Hotel arranged for safari on canter and the best part was we were lucky to spot a tiger !!

Room Tip: go for rooms that do not have seepage, check for wi-fi working if needed....other than this, all roo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kerria_Hotels, Owner at Kerria Hotel - Ranthambore Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Sir, Thank you very much for the reviews for Kerria Hotel, Ranthambore, I am glad that you have taken out time to review our product. Since we have opened this place recently, your suggestions and valuable feedback will really help us go a long way. The things mentioned by you have been taken care of like seepage problems, being new we had some problems which generally comes in after new construction but has been rectified.
The back up was a problem since we had to place the order for the generator and was taking time. It has been done and we shall be soon having one installed at Kerria Hotel.
Yes I agree the food preparation takes time as we have made it a policy to provide each and every guest with freshly prepared food which really takes time, but we have made sure to inform it to the guest and even started taking advance orders.
As for mosquitoes- its a jungle area which really starts from the back wall of our hotel and all the more reason for the same. All the rooms are now very much equipped with the mosquito repellent and to add on to the effect we have even started offering mosquito repellent coil if required.
The prices on the menu have been reduced to almost half now as I also agree with you that being new it is for our benefit to offer things at a lower price to attract customers. (THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR A WONDERFUL SUGGESTION)
I am sure that on your next visit you will not feel the pinch of what you have experienced during your recent stay.
We have tried to offer all our guest an experience and have tried to offer best in our rooms as you mentioned in your review about the amenities and the facilities provided in all the rooms, as I completely believe in the fact that whatever may be the hotel like most of the time spent by any guest is in the rooms and there it should be a TOTAL COMFORT.
I would again like to thank you for your valuable time spent in reviewing Kerria Hotel Ranthambore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night ... The rooms are clean with nice beds and clean washrooms .. They arranged an extra bed for the kids ... The staff is courteous .. And the food is far above my expectance ... And the best thing is " We sighted a tiger "

• Stayed March 2012
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We went on a 3 day trip during Holi to Ranthambore, when we made the booking we were not sure how it is going to turn out, since it seemed to be a pretty new hotel. And surprisingly, the rooms were very neat and clean, also we got upgraded to the best available room. The staff is very friendly and the amenities in the room are matched to the best hotels, so its completely worth the 1700 per night.

Since the occupancy was very less, the food quality wasn't upto the mark.The Indian food was good though. If you want to explore rajasthani food, there is a place "gaon " on the way to the national park. Also, in Taj they allow outsiders, where the food is awesome !!

Overall, it is a decent place to stay, relax..I would recommend the hotel for the price and service they offer !!

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are too small, you can opt for the next range
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kerria Hotel - Ranthambore Resort? Share your experiences!