“Every person is treated as if they are the most important person at the hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Oberoi Vanyavilas - Ranthambore

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Each room is a luxury tent but they are really more like rooms with tented ceilings. The rooms are large with enormous bathrooms and closets.

The service is outstanding. All I had to do was say to the waiter that I enjoyed the amuse bouche at dinner when he asked if I would like another one. I thought, sure. Instead, he brought an entrée size version of the amuse bouche compliments of the chef. It was absolutely delicious.

The hotel manager personally greets every guest and treats him or her as if they are a visiting dignitary. Each guest is treated as the most important guest at the hotel. The same for the chef who walks around the dining room to see how each guest is enjoying their meal and what can she do to make it better. For early departures, a prepared box breakfast is waiting at the front desk. Ask for directions and the person will take you there instead. This is amazing service. Not to compare hotels but this is Aman level service at a fraction of the price.

The tiger safaris are run by the Indian government so the hotels have little control of what zone you are assigned or who you are grouped with which is frustrating. Two couples in out hotel each had to go to the same hotel to pick up guests rather than each hotel being grouped together. The other issue is that you have no choice if you are grouped with children. Once I was grouped with little children who would not stop talking and another time with some very rude people who seemed to resent that I was a woman alone. To him, the man was king and I was not going to tell him to stop rocking the car while I was trying to take a photo. Despite this, Oberoi was able to shift things to ensure my other safaris ran smoother and ultimately, placed with people from our own hotel who understood safari etiquette.

I did see a tiger but most people did not but this was right after the monsoon season. I was told that May/June are the best months to see tigers although, it is also hot. We did see deer, antelope, gazelle, crocodiles, a variety of birds including peacock and wild boar.

The spa is fabulous but there is no relaxation room. The entire treatment occurs in the room. The rooms are adorned with flowers and the service was amazing. The prices are quite reasonable.

The pool area is small but intimate. When you arrive, there is someone who immediately sets up the chaise and brings you “pool amenities” which included suntan lotion, iced tea, water and frozen grapes. An hour later, my water was replaced with cooler water.

My stay was fabulous and I cannot imagine what the hotel could have done to make it better. Thank you for a wonderful stay. Having the tiger walk across the path as we exited the park on my last safari drive seemed as if Oberoi planned even that…

• Visited October 2013

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Beautiful hotel perfect service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went to Ranthambore for safari and had lunch at Vanyavilas. We liked the hotel so much, we decided to stay there for the night. We weren't carrying our luggage or clothes. The staff arranged for robes, n even paijamas and toothbrushes for us all. The tent itself was beautiful, though it is meant more for couples than family with children (unless the kids are big enough to occupy the next tent). But the staff made it very comfortable to us. The rent reminds you of old time Raja's on their shirker. This place is certainly an unforgettable experience. Thank you to the staff for making it such a memorable stay for us!

• Visited June 2013
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“Out of this world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited the Oberoi for our honeymoon, we spent 5 nights there and every second was amazing. We were treated as if we were their only guests, made to feel so special and taken care of. The staff were the perfect balance of being there when we needed them but distant when appropriate.
Couldn't fault a single thing! If I could go back every year, I would!

• Visited April 2013
Kota, India
“we loved it....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

everything was good about our stay, me my wife and kids were so happy that we are planning to visit again. the food hospitality spa pool all well managed.

• Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Superlative-The best hotel I have stayed in- Ratna and her team showed the highest standards of attention and care. We stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Superlative-The best hotel I have stayed in- Ratna and her team showed the highest standards of attention and care. We stayed in the Oberoi hotels in Agra, Jaipur, and Udaipur as well but this was by far the best in terms of customer care. Spotlessly clean, fantastic food and a lovely atmosphere. Evening dining outside looking at the stars around. Blazing fire in an enclosed courtyard. Memorable- and yes! We saw a tiger in winter on the game drive from the hotel.