Disclaimer: This stay was a gift. I did not personnaly pay for, or choose this room. We were here to check out Angel Fire's downhill biking, which was fabulous!
The Resort is a large facility located at the base of the ski area. The lobby is large and clean. Nice kiva fireplace and plenty of sitting areas. Staff very friendly and helpful. Check-in smooth. Annie's Cafe is past the reception desk.
The Eagle Wing is a 3 story building of suites attached to the Lodge at Angel Fire Resort. Adjoining "suites" are entered by a common door into a short hallway with separate entrances to the 2 suites. This is slightly different from the usual hotel door-in-the-wall between two hotel rooms.
Our room was 115 "B" outfitted with King bed, chair/ottoman, desk, chair, Armoire, and chest of drawers. Stone gas fireplace was nice. It is a very large room with lots of floor space for your winter or summer gear. There is a tiny bar area with miniature microwave, bar sink, some plates, cups, flatware. You are required to wash all items used. There is a very small fridge; big enough for a few cans or bottles; not big enough for much else. If you want an ice machine, it involves trekking to the lodge and going to the 3rd floor.
The elephant in this unit is a HUGE jetted soaking tub in the bedroom. This is in addition to the tub/shower combo in the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom... wallpaper is peeling from all walls. (Who wallpapers all the walls in a bathroom?) Shower head has horrible water pressure and is not high enough on the wall. I'm 5'6" and had to bend/crouch to wet my hair. The first shower was cold. Maintenance guy said the breaker tripped to the hot water tank (located in a closet in the common entry).
The north facing balcony has a small table and 2 chairs. Unfortunately, the parking lot is outside the unit, slightly higher so that headlights shine directly over the railing, into the room. Below the balcony are the propane tanks. Not much a view but was nice to cool off after a day of biking on the mountain.
Our neighbors in the adjoining suite had a kitchen in their unit. We could smell everything. Something to consider as it could be unpleasant for you if their cooking isn't what you're accustom to.
Sound travelled easily between the adjoining suites.
Housekeeping: No daily housekeeping service. You must wash all kitchenware. Room was clean with the exception of obvious spots and streaks on the bathroom mirror. No plastic cups in the bathroom. Use the ones from bar, but are required to wash them (?). The curtain was falling off the rod. Carpet needs replacing.
Large flat screen TV with good signal. Desk is does not have outlets for electronics. No problem connecting to wifi in the room.
The small indoor swimming pool and hot tub are just off the lobby. There were lodge rooms with balconies looking to this enclosed area. These rooms may be noisy.
Upshot: If I had to pay for this room, I'd be upset with the condition, sound and smell transfer, and location of balcony. Since no money out of MY pocket, 3/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers your choice of spacious rooms and suites, just steps from the Chile Express chairlift at the hub of Angel Fire, New Mexico. Each room features two queen beds-perfect for your family (or friends). Take a plunge in the indoor pool, enjoy a relaxing soak in our hot tub, sweat it out in the fitness center or just enjoy our free WiFi Internet access after a fun day of skiing and snowboarding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Fire Hotel Angel Fire
- Angel Fire Ski Resort
- Angel Fire Resort Hotel
- The Lodge At Angel Fire Resort New Mexico