“Definitely be back” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Angel Fire
“Definitely be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying here and I will definitely be back. Ok, so it is not the Westin or Omni but I did not expect it to be, I expected it to be a mountain lodge and that is what I got. The room was very nice and comfortable. I thought there was adequate lighting, to include the bathroom. The staff was very polite and friendly. I look forward to returning next year for another visit.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the on-line community. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you are planning a return visit!

Director of Lodging

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

A 4:00 pm check-in is late enough, especially when coming to a remote mountain community, but when at 3:55 on a Sunday afternoon my room wasn't going to be ready for another 15 minutes, I was a bit peeved to say the least. The matter-of-fact/business-as-usual front desk receptionist wasn't at all apologetic and didn't offer any compensation, like a complimentary drink in the bar while having to wait. If the facility's management were to praise her professionalism in this instance, they'd need a hospitality refresher. This wasn't a "get over it" moment for an unjustly irritated picky traveler; rather, it was plain poor service. I won't be back again for this kind of attitude. I'll go a few miles beyond to the Econo Lodge in Eagle Nest, where at least my expectations will be met.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,,

Sorry to be reading this on-line. I will make sure and share this feedback with the departments mentioned and talk through the points you made. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further. My number is 575-377-4253.

Thanks,
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you go to Angel fire to ride the “Zip line” there are some things you need to know. First off what to bring: if it is warm weather wear shorts, tee shirt or long sleeve shirt. The zip line folks will NOT allow you to have anything attached to your belt or waist or in your pockets. They will especially stop you from having a camera. The zippers will say you can carry your stuff in cargo pockets with ZIPPER-- I would not test this theory because the photo co. wants their money and will stop you from taking any pictures.
The zipper folks will have you take everything out of your pockets: wallet, knifes, keys etc. and then will place your precious items in a Tupperware box and store it heaven knows where. I brought nothing knowing this and it felt very unsecure the way they stored everyone’s stuff, anyone could have access to your stuff while you are supposed to be having fun.
If you wear a hat bring a cap at best, they will fit under the yellow helmets the zippers will order you to wear at all times. You will be harnessed; gloved, helmeted and hanging from the center of your chest is a five pound trolley that will smack everything you have. My advice is to stuff the triangle trolley between your chest and the suspender strap. The trolley stayed tight while I was walking, everyone else was suffering with this torture devise.
Forget about water or snacks or any sustenance you would like to bring. Leave it in your room you will not need it unless it is a medical reason then who know what they will tell you. There is some walking but they have vehicles as well to take you to the next zip line. Tuck the trolley so it does not swing and hit you. You can hang it over your shoulder or between chest straps or try bringing an extra D-ring to use to hook the trolley.
When I went to the “Zip Line” there was a snag and they closed down one of the longest zip lines. We received a small refund so call to find out what is going on you may have to talk to at least 3 people. Communication between the resort camp and the mountain top appears to be very loose. The two seem to operate separate with what appeared to be NO overlap. So some of the info they tell you at the resort camp will be off or exaggerated or lack of any knowledge. Be warned that the Zip Line assistants are young and cocky—it’s all about them. If you get a cocky kid request a different crew. It may cause you a delay but you will have a safer and more pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Few Parking spaces. If you find a good one and then leave to the store it will be gone when you get...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

This is the first time I am hearing of these concerns from a ZIP Line guest. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your visit, 575-377-4365.

Joseph Kendall
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights the first week of July. It was okay, nothing too very special. The room was huge, which was great. However, it was very, very dated and there was not nearly enough light. Taking a shower in the dark is interesting. The staff was very friendly. I don't think we would choose to stay here again, there are nicer hotels for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate constructive feedback, which helps us achieve our goals.

Fortville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff was very courteous, helpful, and kind.
The decor made our mountain experience complete.
The restaurants were very well priced and the food was great.
Lots of outlets for media. Could use more lighting in bathroom.
Angel Fire Resort Rocks!!
I can not say the same for Hertz Car Rental in Denver. The car was dirty on the inside and out. The brakes vibrated when you applied them on a down hill incline. The bus operator did not offer to assist us in any matter loading our 6 bags onto the bus!!! They gave us charges that we have no idea what they were for, even after going on their website that was to explain everything. I think this is my first and last time to rent from Hertz!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with the on-line community. It is always a pleasure to receive positive, with constructive, feedback. I am happy that you visited us during the summer season and we hope that you return in the Winter.

Joseph Kendall
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

we stayed at the lodge as a part of a zip line package--after reading some of the reviews, I have to say that I wasn't expecting too much--wrong! check in was fast and friendly--room was fine, other than lighting (particularly in the bathroom)--bed and pillows were wonderful--there is no air conditioning, but at that altitude, the room was comfortable--there was a fan provided for our use, but we didn't need it--
we had dinner in one of the eateries on the 2nd floor--large selection of beers on draft--dinner servings were more than we could eat--our waitress, darla, was super--clued us in on a dessert that wasn't on the menu--key lime pie, one of our favorites, made there at the lodge--very good!!
this was a surprise for my wife, who had wanted to do a zip line--she had no idea where we were going, or what we were going to do--I hit a home run on this one!! (will do a review of the zip line, also) the package was a great value--we will do it again!

Room Tip: I made reservations a few weeks in advance, and scored a balcony room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the on-line community!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the lodge and the Zip Line.

Congratulations on the success of the surprise and I am happy to hear that you plan to return.

Happy and Safe Travels,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a nice mountain lodge located conveniently at the base of the slopes of Angel Fire resort. I stayed there in the summer and had close, easy access to the lift for the mountain bike park. In the winter it's just as easy to access the slopes for skiing - just walk out the door and you're there. They even let me keep my bike in my room, which was extremely convenient. The room itself is comfortable and friendly - I was in room 214. Not particularly modern, but also not in desperate need of updating. And there was a gas fireplace in the room, which could be nice. But since it was summer, I found the balcony to be a nice place to sit, and the screened sliding door allowed me to let in fresh mountain air, which was great. The room was also quite large, with lots of storage space. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the coffee shop in the lobby was convenient and served some really good breakfast options like breakfast burritos, BLTs, etc. And if you're there to mountain bike, the bike park is excellent and a lot of fun - I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Joe K, General Manager at The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the on-line community. I look forward to sharing this feedback with the other venues you mentioned.

Happy and Safe Travels!
Joe Kendall

Been to The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort? Share your experiences!