We stayed at the resort for the 1st time Feb 20-24. We got lucky enough to have 10-12" of new powder that wk!! Great skiing for the short drive from Okla!!
Pros: good instructors for our 2 kids. They learned really quick after 2 days and were skiing blues with us the 3rd day! The ski staff were all great....nice to walk out and ski, even though it was up 4 flights of stairs. Hard for the little ones with their gear.
Cons: Our room didn't even have a microwave and was very dark at night even with the existing lights. I don't know if it was one that hadn't been renovated or not. There wasn't a light over by the mini fridge and coffe maker....we called in an order from Legends and said we'd just pick it up and they charged me the room service price. I just wanted to get out and walk around a bit. Guess I should've laid in bed and waited on them to deliver it. The Sampler platter had soggy fries on the bottom of my chicken strips, mozzarella sticks, OVER fried okra, and 5 of the half dozen buffalo wings that were advertised on the menu. I can't believe I even tipped the bar tender when I picked up my order. Had I known that they charged me delivery prices I would said something and not tipped but I didn't realize it till I got back to the room. We were hungry so I just ate it. I also got charged more for my pizza, which was way better than the Sampler. I won't ever eat there again if I stay there. I would've rather spend my money at Hail's BBQ down the road. I told my friends who were staying there the following week also to take the short drive and eat elsewhere even though prices at the resort weren't too bad for a resort.
The rest of stay was good though. Nice staff at the lodge. I'd definitely stay again if they make the minor changes.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Fire Hotel Angel Fire
- Angel Fire Hotel
- Angel Fire Ski Resort
- Angel Fire Resort Hotel
- Angel Fire Resort New Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Planning a visit? We can’t wait to see you!Angel Fire Resort is a four-season resort in northern New Mexico, offering a terrific Rocky Mountain experience for families, outdoor enthusiasts and groups. The resort is situated at 8,600-foot elevation with views of Mt. Wheeler, at 13,161 feet, the tallest peak in New Mexico.In winter, visitors can choose between skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, tubing, Nordic skiing, sleigh rides, snow blades, ice fishing and more. Every Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, the resort hosts torchlight parades to celebrate the holidays.In summer, you’ll want to enjoy world-class mountain biking, ATV tours, rafting, horseback riding, fun at Monte Verde Lake, hiking and more. You won’t want to miss the Angel Fire Resort Golf Course and Country Club, an 18-hole course that unwinds through two canyons of aspens and spruce. Coming in summer 2012, New Mexico’s first high altitude Zipline Adventure Tour!To begin, choose the lodging that best fits your needs: the Lodge at Angel Fire Resort offers spacious rooms and suites just steps from the Chile Express chairlift, or you can rent a condo or vacation home, perfect for families and groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Angel Fire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.