We were floored when we heard our 4 day ski in ski out vacay was only going to cost $350 for the two of us and included our lift tickets! You really can't beat the price. It is definitely what I would consider a budget ski trip though. The rooms have everything you need, but the comforts of some of the larger Colorado ski resorts are lacking.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with another couple. Our room had a hideaway bed (you pull the bed out down off a wall). It wasn't the most comfortable sleeping arrangement on the planet, but it served it's purpose. The room had a miniature oven and range that smoked up the whole hallway when we tried to cook in it. The room has a "faux fireplace" that you can't use for whatever reason. They have dressers chained in front of them. Carpets are old and lighting was so dim I couldn't do my morning readings.
On a positive note, it is ski in ski out, so you are literally staying ON the mountain. The rental place, plus a couple restaurants are right there on sight, so convenience is there. The restaurants aren't anything to write home about and pretty pricey considering the quality.
All in all I probably won't go back to Angel Fire. I have been spoiled though with Winter Park, Breckenridge and other large Colorado resorts. As far as the skiing, I was disappointed that they advertise night skiing, but it's only on Friday and Saturdays. We went during the week so we only got half days. There are really only 2 lifts and I can count all the green runs on one hand. The blue runs were more like blacks with all the rocks and moguls. Again, there were positives.. No lift lines and friendly staff.
TO SUM IT UP:
If you're looking for a BUDGET trip, go for it. Or if you've never been skiing, you won't know the difference. My husband had a blast and can't wait to go back, but he had never been. If you've been to any of the large Colorado resorts, set expectations low. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel offers your choice of spacious rooms and suites, just steps from the Chile Express chairlift at the hub of Angel Fire, New Mexico. Each room features two queen beds-perfect for your family (or friends). Take a plunge in the indoor pool, enjoy a relaxing soak in our hot tub, sweat it out in the fitness center or just enjoy our free WiFi Internet access after a fun day of skiing and snowboarding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angel Fire Hotel Angel Fire
- Angel Fire Ski Resort
- Angel Fire Resort Hotel
- The Lodge At Angel Fire Resort New Mexico