Arrived at the guesthouse in the evening to find no one in the reception, just a telephone to ring for someone to come there. We were then immediately told that we wouldn't be staying at that guesthouse and were shown to another one (Ganpati) a few streets away with no explanation for this offered. The room was spacious and comfortable so we accepted, however there was no wi-fi or rooftop restaurant as described online. The awful service started when it came to getting some laundry done - we were assured that if we put it in that evening, it would be ready by the following afternoon. The next day when we checked, it wasn't ready, and when we checked again in the evening we were assured it would be with us first thing in the morning (we had a bus to catch at 11am and let them know of this). The next morning at 9am I was told it would be "10 mins" so we went for breakfast. At 10am we were told again it would be another "15 mins". Bearing in mind we had to leave for the bus at 10.30am we were concerned but they assured us it would be there. Come 10.30am of course it hadn't arrived and this was when we started to get very annoyed... the owner/manager appeared to be calling whoever had the laundry and his only solution was for us to go and catch our bus and then he said he would drive the laundry to the bus on his bike?! He then proceeded to overcharge us for the laundry - saying it was 20 rupees per piece (I had a lot of laundry done in India and this was extortionate in comparison!) and then upping it to 25 rupees per piece for no reason - and it still hadn't arrived! Eventually the laundry showed up at 10.55am and thankfully we made our bus after I called the company and asked them to wait for us! Absolutely appalled at the fact that it came to this after all the notice we gave them of our departure time, and at the fact that we were given no apology, just overcharged instead! The room was comfortable but I absolutely cannot recommend this place based on the awful service. You can definitely find better places easily, Jodhpur is full of other lovely guesthouses.
- Also Known As:
- Shivam Paying Guest House Hotel
- Shivam Paying Guest House Hotel Jodhpur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are very centrally located near clock tower in the old city. We have 9 traditionally decorated en-suite rooms with plenty of light and air. Our rooftop restaurant offers dazzling view of the fort and the blue city. On our menu we have Indian, continental, Italian and Chinese food and real espresso coffee. We do not promise big things but you can aspect a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable host at Shivam. Shivam paying guest house is recommended by leading guide books such as Lonely planet India,le guide du routard,le petit fute,trotter etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Shivam Paying Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.