“Living like Royalty” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Jodhpur
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Living like Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had told my wife that I want to live atleast one day like a King and hence we booked here.

And boy, was my wish realized !

You feel you are entering a different world once you arrive here.

The property is awe inspiring.The rooms are large and magnficent.

Swam in both the indoor and outdoor pools.The outdoor pool is not to be missed-the cooing of the peacocks,the palace in the background makes it a memorable experience.

I had the most unforgettable breakfast of my life here.As we were served in the Pillars restaurant,peacocks came up near us and ate bread crumbs from the palm of my hand.

A large shout out for the staff.I think it would not be possible to have a staff better than the one over here.They went so much out of their way to make the experience regal that we got overwhelmed by their hospitality.Thank You for the special rose baths,coffee tequilas,welcome drinks,kiddie snacks for our daughter,parting mementos...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, May 30, 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

I am so humbled and delighted to hear your fantastic review from your most recent stay with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback in regards to your stay with us.

It is our constant endeavor to make each and every guest feel like a Maharaja/ Maharani as they really deserve the royal treatment when they visit the Palace. We are thrilled to know that you and your family loved your stay here.

As General Manager it makes me even more proud to know that we have ladies and gentleman that give their genuine best to our guest and that it makes that important difference when choosing hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another enjoyable stay.

Vincent Ramos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went there for lunch,didn't stay there as we went just for a day and had a train to catch in the evening.
It is a beautiful palace,still inhabited by the royals.Every section speaks for itself.Their hospitality is remarkable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience on your recent visit to the Palace. It gives me immense pleasure to know that even though you came for a dining experience and unfortunately could not stay with us during this trip, our services and facilities completely met with your expectations and were thoroughly enjoyed.

I have taken the liberty to share your compliments with the whole team and we would love to get another opportunity to be at your service, this time for a longer stay hopefully!

poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed there for a day, was on cloud nine, best experience,service, ambiance etc.
felt like a true maharajah of Rajasthan, will love to stay for longer time next visit.
Spa, pool and breakfast was best ever had.

Room Tip: i was in room 102...the best ever stayed till today.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, May 31, 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

It gives me immense pleasure to read your review on your recent visit to the Palace. Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am thrilled to know that you felt like a Maharaja and had such a pleasant and comfortable stay. It is always a pleasure to be at service to guests like you and nothing delights us more than your compliments.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with everyone and they are equally happy to know about your fabulous stay.

We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Approaching this hotel we couldn't believe that this magnificent building was where we would be staying. We were greeted with red carpet, canopy over our heads, rose petals strewn at our feet and drums and trumpets. This was the beginning of two magical days and nights. We had a magnificent suite looking over magnificent gardens to the amazing pool and we were looked after by the staff in a way I had never experienced before in any other hotel. The food and service were exceptional. Words can not describe how fantastic it was. I wish, wish, wish I can go back there one day.

Room Tip: Just go there it is amazing, I don't know if there is a bad room there. Ours a corner room was...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Ma'am/ Sir,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the beautiful Umaid Bhawan Palace with everyone. I am so pleased to know that your stay was fabulous and comfortable.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the Royal welcome and loved the services and amenities throughout the hotel, be it the food, the view or the Peacocks! Thank you for acknowledging our team effort.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with the whole team as nothing motivates us more than guest reviews like yours.

Hoping to get the opportunity of being at your service once again!

Lugo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Feeling loke a Maharaja, is the right title of this review as I stayed here for (only) one night, but what a night as it was 2014 New Year's Eve, the party took place in the Jodhpur Castle, we where all given the typical Maharaja hat and were taken by bus to the JodhpurCastle where the Party took place, the party itself was amazing, the only negative point was the cold weather and the unsufficient heating, we were forced to go back to the hotel shortly after midnight to complete new year's Eve celebration indoor ! Despite this I can rate this hotel as the real Maharja experience, upon checking it they welcome you with musicians in Indian outfit playing typical local music, the morning breakfast was the best we had during our Rajasthan tour, we were given two separate rooms as I was with the family with our two children, rooms were impressive with huge bathrooms, the only down was the cool in room temperature, heating device wasn't working properly in both rooms.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, May 27, 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

Thank you for taking out your valuable time to share such a wonderful feedback with fellow travelers. I am delighted to know that you felt like a Maharaja and truly enjoyed the stay even though it was for just one night.

I hope your New Year celebration was memorable and your family had a comfortable stay. It is our constant endeavor to make the guests feel like royalty and your kinds words are deeply appreciated. We will certainly make it a point that the heating system is in place for the coming season.

We would love to welcome you back to the Palace in the amazing blue city of Jodhpur.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My friend and I stayed here in February, 2014 and the service was the BEST we had on the trip as well as other trips in the last year. You are treated like royalty in this palace and feel like a true guest doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the visit. The staff is VERY sensitive to your needs (particularly housekeeping) to even anticipate what is needed before being asked! The employees LOVE the new general manager Mr. Vincent and you can tell by all their smiles. The food is wonderful ~ we were there 4 days and had it was like being in a 5 Star restaurant with all meals. Kudos to the chef and his staff. I would not hesitate to return and would highly recommend this palace as it is not just a visit it is a memory!

Room Tip: The view of the gazebo is lovely (west side) and you can appreciate the gardens and sunsets there as...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

It gives me immense pleasure to know through your review that your stay was pleasant and comfortable. Thank you for taking out your valuable time to share your experience on your recent visit to the blue city of Jodhpur.

I am delighted to know that our team, especially housekeeping took so good care of you and anticipated your needs so well. It is great to receive such positive feedback concerning the hotel team as it is our constant endeavor to make the guests feel and live like royalty in the Palace.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind words with the whole team and they are thrilled to receive your compliments.

We certainly hope to see you soon in the near future at the beautiful Umaid Bhawan Palace for yet another memorable experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

There is little I could add to the adulatory reviews I have read of this magnificent palace hotel. No words of praise properly suffice to describe its magnificence - the building designed in the early 20th century to synthesize traditional Rajasthani and European styles on the outside, and as an Art Deco jewel on the inside. I grew up in an Art Deco house, but it was here, studying the interior design of the rooms we stayed in, that I finally understood the style. But as with all Taj properties, however grand or modest, it is the personal touch which makes the stay memorable and the Operations Manager, Deepraj Mukherjee, exemplified the Taj style which attends to one's every need with perfect tact and without servility. It sounds like a well-worn cliche, but the feeling is that one has acquired new family members after a few days here. We have stayed in some of the most famous and comfortable hotels in the world, but I struggle to think of anywhere I have felt so comfortable and so well looked after. It is almost an afterthought to say that we ate superbly here. Bravo, Mr Ramos, for assembling such a great crew. And our thanks to all who made our stay here unforgettable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
VincentRamos, General Manager at Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

Greetings from Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur!

I cannot thank you enough for the kind words you have bestowed upon us in your review. I am absolutely delighted to read your compliments for the exceptional services rendered to you by my team. Thank you!

As the General Manager of this beautiful property I am proud to have such a hard working team of ladies and gentlemen working with me. They do work hard for making the guests feel like royalty and I am glad you felt so comfortable and well taken care off with them.

I have taken the liberty of sharing your compliments with Mr. Deepraj and the whole team as they have done so well.

We cannot wait to have you visit us again at your home away from home at Umaid Bhawan Palace!

Vincent Ramos

Been to Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur? Share your experiences!