Arrival at The Umaid Bhawan Palace was a very special experience. Roseleaves drops from above, while four men are holding a red baldachin. Our arrival was only a short drive from Hari Mahal hotel where we had stayed for 5 nights. The Umaid Bhawan Palace was the highlight on our Rajasthan vacation this year. Our passport detail was kindly transferred from the Hari Mahal hotel management for convenient check in.
We had booked a Palace Room for three nights, from 5th -8th March; surprisingly we were upgraded to a suite on arrival. Suite 302 is in the tower with view to pool and terrace. This suite was very comfortable and quiet with a large bedroom, office desk, sitting area, luggage room and a luxury bathroom. We were not able to hear anything from next room.
A guided tour in Palace a few hours after arrival was included. Tour started with refreshments, sparkling wine or juice.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner were excellent, with very high quality. Having dinner on the roof restaurant at sunset was an experience we never will forget with the sights of Blue City and Mehrangarh Fort at distance. This time of the year it was very comfortable to sit outside.
Preparations for the Jodhpur One World Music festival were going on and last day of our stay breakfast area outside was closed. But breakfast inside had same high quality. It is nearly always weddings or other large arrangements going on in upscale hotels in India. Check with hotel before booking. Hotel was booked via the Taj website.
Pool area was very quiet and clean with view to the city and Mehrangarh Fort. All areas we visited inside Palace and gardens where very well maintained with fresh flowers in the hall and inside suite.
On departure to train station breakfast restaurant staff made a lunch pack for our 6 hour long train journey to Jaipur.
Service in the Umaid Bhawan Palace was very correct and discrete; staff always had a solution to our questions, they respond within minutes. Check in and check out was very efficient.
We have also visited the Taj Lake Palace in Udaipur in 2011, these two establishments is a must if you are visiting Rajasthan!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the largest royal residences in the world, the golden-yellow sandstone Umaid Bhawan Palace is a monument to Jodhpur’s gallantry and romance. Guests get a taste of what it was like to live like kings. From rooms once occupied by the Maharaja. From regal pastimes like polo or croquet. From magnificent views of the palace gardens and the spectacular Mehrangarh Fort. From unique themed dinners that flaunt all the pomp-and-splendour of the desert kingdom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur Hotel Jodhpur
- Jodhpur Umaid Bhawan Palace