“Wonderful stay in Jodhpur” 4 of 5 stars

Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5, Residency Road, Jodhpur 342001, India   |
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Jodhpur
New Delhi, India
“Wonderful stay in Jodhpur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Taj hospitality is exceptional and the Taj Hari Mahal is no exception to that rule. We have always had a great time whenever we stay at a Taj property and we enjoyed this stay also. The only downside to this property was the food which was below par for every meal that we had at the in-house restaurant. But everything else, such as the hotel location, amenities and the service was exceptional as always. We especially enjoyed the mini theater in the kids activity room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for endorsing our services. It makes me feel happy to know that you remember your stay so fondly and that you specifically liked our property, Service standards and ammenities. Though I am concerned to note that we could not match your expectations in the food aspect. However I have had a detailed talk with my Executive Chef and we are positive that we shall put in all our efforts to ensure that it is addressed.

I will look forward for your future stays.

Best Wishes
Vilaas Humbre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Vidisha, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

While booking hotel for my recently concluded visit to Jodhpur, my choice had boiled down to two Taj properties- Taj umaid bhawan palace and vivanta by taj harimahal Jodhpur. On one hand Umaid bhawan offered sheer luxury with vast gardens, serenity and great view from hilltop, Harimahal was a compact city hotel with value for money offseason packages. It was the cost factor (staying cost at umaid bhawan was more than three times as compared to harimahal) which made me choose harimahal over umaid bhawan and after having stayed for four days I am very much satisfied with my decision.
Taj Harimahal is a very beautiful though compact property build on six acre land with all the facility of a five star hotel. Rooms are big enough with all amenities, adequate size bathrooms with modern fittings (except health faucet). All rooms are almost identical with either garden view or pool view. Apart from infrastructure, what impressed me most was the service. Every staff member after serving you always asked politely ‘anything else I can do for you’. Check in/out was quick and smooth. Housekeeping was flawless, in room dining was efficient and they keep track of your likings/disliking. The Indian restaurant Latitude offered variety in breakfast and buffet but sometimes particularly during rush hours felt cramped and chaotic however staff did its best to manage. Special thanks to chef and manager who prepared special dish ‘dalia’ though not in their menu, for me. Overall attitude of the staff reflects classical taj hospitality and I feel there is very little room for improvement in their service. Evening cultural show was entertaining but repeated every day which was somewhat boring.
Number of TV channels on the TV was surprisingly less and there was no information about channels, number etc so you had to remember about them. There should be DTH in the room with full TV guide.
All in all it’s a great experience and I can recommend it to every one particularly in the context of huge cost difference between the two taj properties at Jodhpur.

Room Tip: All rooms are almost identical. The only difference is view
Dear Sir,

Its such a pleasure to read a review like this one. It gives us a feeling of high satisfaction that our guests are very happy to stay with us and that we were able to exceed their expectations.
Both of your choices between Umaid Bhawan and our Hotel would have benn as satisfying as this one as both the hotels run with similar basic philosophy of handling and taking care of guests.
Thank you for mentioning that you were impressed with the architype of the building, the service standards all across the Hotel and the ammenities. I have though noted your point about the health faucets. We do have some rooms with health faucets. please do write to me with your name at gmvivanta.harimahal@tajhotels.com and I will get this updated in your preferences. we shall try to allot you in your future visits.
I shall be proudly sharing this review with all my associates and I am sure it will only boost their enthusiasm.

Best Wishes
India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a great property and a great hotel. The hotel and property is maintained very well and will impress anyone.

The breakfast was excellent and I would rate it the best among all hotels we stayed in Rajasthan. Cannot say the same about the dinner buffet.

The disappointing part of our stay was the check-in, check-out, gym, room key and no water in the room on day two.

The check-in was slow and no care taken to ensure we had a room as mentioned in our reservation. No receipt or any pleasantries exchanged at check-out (we had prepaid in advance). The front office staff just took the key.

The Gym is excellent and well kept. However, no head phones provided.

The room key did not work twice and each time I had to walk to front office to get a new one. No apologies offered.

The worst part was there was no water in the morning. On calling housekeeping the least one accepts from a Taj hotel is an apology. Instead got a curt response saying they are aware there is no water and it will take 15 minutes to fix!

Overall did not meet our expectations. We expected a lot more from Taj.

Dear Sir,

Thankyou for taking out time to type this review and to mention that you liked our property. However it is very disappointing to know that we could not meet your expectations in few services and responsiveness. My sincere apologies for the same. I have noted your concerns and I will ensure that they are addressed and not repeated.
We already command a very high level of satisfaction especially on the courtesy, competency and responsiveness of our associates and we always endeavor that our guests fondly remember their stay with us.

I will look forward that you would give us another oppurtunity to serve you better.

Warm regards
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Visited Jodhpur for an official work for 4 days and was placed at Vivanta By Taj - Hari Mahal Hotel which was very close to the hotel.

There are no words to say that how much I like this hotel that had a high service standards for its contemporary and historic design inside the hotel, lobby and of course in the rooms that was overlooking the swimming pool. Apart from the room being so comfortable, everything else in this hotel is outstadning & fine to its real value, friendly, hospitable, caring - just what I would expect from a Royal Family in India.

Just like a king was the treatment by the great staff from the doorsteps till you reach your room. Just pleasing personality made my stay even better after a tiring work and more of all the evening entertainment by the local rajasthani folk music and dance was icing to the cake.

I experienced the Spa and Saloon, where the duty manager went out of his way to call the perferred staff from the saloon and spa to service me while it was a day off of that particular staff. the tag line that I was told by the staff and the reception desk, that we never refuse a service for our guest........ this took my heart away and remembered the hospitality of our great Indian Maharaja's and Kings who was well know and admired by the people of India and abroad.

Truly it was a great experience and totall recall of your memories. Definatey would be visiting this place in the future and not to miss that wonderful folk music and dance that sooths your evening like a gel.

The welcome drink, the breakfast and traditional foods were so fantatic which added privelage to my stay.

Thank you Vivanta By Taj !

Room Tip: Try to see if you could get a room that faces the swiming pool as the evening entertainment is near...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Mr Deepak Amin,

Its a blessing to read such a review about our hotel and on services rendered to you. Such a well written detailed review not only encourages our associates as this is their best reward, it will also help other travellers to take quick decisions.

One of our untold phylosophy of service is 'never say no" and I am so happy that you first hand experienced it and appreciated too. Taj Hotels is well known for its warmth of service and we all here live to keep it intact.

Thank you again and we look forward for your continued patronage.

With best wishes to you
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were greeted by various members of staff including the GM, shown to our room which was located on the ground floor directly facing the pool, there was a door to the side of our room which led straight out to the pool which proved to be very convenient.

The level of service all round was exceptional, they arranged for our dinner reservation at Umaid Bhavan Palace, the room was spacious and luxurious with lovely high ceilings.

As we left, a manager asked where we were going next on our journey and gave us some handy tips on things to do in Jaiselmer.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: 110 - Straight out on to the pool, the only room with the new wooden flooring.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

I sincerely appreciate that you took out time to type this encouraging review about your experience with us. I will be sharing this feedback with the associates and I am sure it will only boost their enthusiasm to continue the journey of excellence. It is always been our endeavor that we share our knowledge of the local area with our guests so that they optimise their visit. Thank you so much for the acknowledgement.

We will look forward for your continued patronage with the Taj Hotels.

With best wishes
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We booked our rooms from US itself and were thrilled with the pure decadence and ambiance of the hotel.We were welcomed in a traditional manner at the entrance with rose petals and cool soothing drink.The rooms were tastefully decorated overlooking the swimming pool.The service,quality,amenities and restaurants were wonderful.The highlight was the service staff that made our stay absolutely wonderful.Anyone visiting Jodhpur has to stay here and feel the absolute decadence and ambiance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you again and we look forward for your continued patronage.

With best wishes to you
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

In love with this place, can;t wait to try it again. Stayed for about 2 nights at Hari Mahal Vivanta by Taj. Wish there was more time. Absolutely everything about this place is awesome. Right from the pool, to the class of service, quality of rooms, bathrooms, accessories, amenities, recreation centre, and of course.. food. Lip smacking variants of local and international cuisine. Truly a marvelous experience. Best of all, very few Taj properties lie within my budget. I wasn't complaining at all with the kind of money I spent in here and the way I was rewarded. Talk to Mr. Rajan Chawla to upscale your stay. He is the man!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vilaas H, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Sir,

This review truely made our day and I am sure thats the fuel our associates are looking forward to continue the journey of excellence. I will surely share this with all. I am exceptionally pleased to know that we could exceed expectations of young Indian travellers like your selves.

We shall look forward for your next visit.

With best wishes
Vilaas Humbre

Been to Vivanta by Taj - Hari Mahal, Jodhpur? Share your experiences!