“Relaxing Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ajit Bhawan

You added Ajit Bhawan to your Saves list
Ajit Bhawan
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ajit Bhawan Palace Circuit House Road, Jodhpur 342006, India   |
Ranked #9 of 91 Hotels in Jodhpur
Nairobi, Kenya
“Relaxing Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Samar India: I had read many great reviews of this place that I thought it was going to be a highlight of my trip through Rajasthan. When we first arrived, the staff was very nice and I was indeed impressed with the beautiful garden and pool. The hotel is very calm, quiet, and very beautiful property. The rooms were quiet, clean, and warm and cozy... All services were very upto mark and satisfactory.. Food was awesome... staff was courteous...
Ajit Bahwan is absolutely among the best heritage hotel that you can get in Jodhpur.. I was so much in love with this place and I will definitely recommend this to others …

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
somewhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

You either splurge or be frugal in Jodhpur but i decided to stay here as it was fully booked on my last trip. My room was a suite that faced the swimming pool during dinner time, you could hear the folk songs and music being played. It did not bother me but those who need quiet time, request a room away from the pool and lawn area for dinner.

It was pure luxe and the ambience was superb as compared to Ranbanka Palace which we stayed in our last visit. The bed, bathroom and funishing are impeccable and felt like your own home.

I did not like the service by the only souvenir store in this palace, sneaky and dishonest. The salesman indeed packed 2 jodphuri trousers which were 2 size bigger and the colour which apparently they pushed you to buy. I was disappointed when making the hasty purchase. I should not have trusted them to pack the colour and size which they knew and recommended me. I should have check again. It was a set of different trousers when I checked at the airport. The hotel should reconsider of letting them rent the space.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was my second stay at this property, however, I was also hosting my close family and friends here this time for my birthday weekend.

The place is spread over a large landscaped area allowing a sense of tranquil space, the owners seemed to have paid a lot of attention to design details and you are pleasantly surprised by the lush green outdoors in a state known for its deserts.

The garden and pool areas as well as the walkways are carefully crafted and maintained, the entrance to cottages is quite inconspicuous and serves well for the purpose of privacy. I cannot comment on each category, but the rooms allocated to us were large and spacious. There was a walk-in wardrobe and the toilet area had two separate wash-basins and an exclusive shower area. The toilet supplies were not as generous as you expect a property of this standard - for eg. there was just one soap and no dental & shaving kits. The second wash-basin was devoid of any tumbler and supplies. Very minor yet avoidable observations.

As for restaurants, we only used their breakfast service - all other meals were scheduled at various other upscale locations in the city. The service was prompt and efficient, the stewards were trained and adapt to attend to our specific requests. You might need to be a little patient for refills at the buffet, they could be slow or lazy at times.

Overall, a good experience and would love to keep coming back here in future!

Room Tip: Cottages provide the privacy & spacious layout.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel was a large 'palace ' building but 2 brothers have split it and there are 2 hotels,each run by a separate brother. Room are in the main building and in sepate 'huts' in the grounds. We arrived after normal lunch hurs but the restaurant served us an excellent snack. First night we ate at a restaurant adjacent to the hotel called 'On the rocks' Predominately Indian fayre and very good indeed. We ate in the hotel restaurant on our second night. We ate in the open with real fires in grates to warm us. Our room was large and comfortable. Staff at the reception were very obliging. They have a lovely pool but a quick entry in the water is recommended. Good breakfast selection. Next door to the hotel is a large mall where I was able to buy an anniversary card for my wife - it cost 45 rupees !. Very enjoyable stay in an exciting city

New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This heritage property was an incredible oasis amidst bustling Jodhpur. From the antique cars outside the plush lobby to the beautifully manicured grounds, this hotel was first rate. We stayed in an Executive Room, which I found to be a terrific value. While I didn't inspect the tents and cottages myself, they looked quite inviting from the outside as well.

Our room was large and extremely comfortable. The dining experience at the restaurant was like being in a movie. We ate alfresco in the gardens underneath the stars while Indian musicians seronaded us.

This hotel does a wonderful job of providing a heritage feel while maintaining all of the creature comforts of a western style hotel. I know some reviewers have mentioned that the hotel is far from the old city -- ten minutes by car. We had a driver (as I assume most people do) and were not inconvenienced in the least. The hotel is also extremely close to the Umaid Bhawan palace.

Room Tip: Check out the private bar hidden above the pool. I felt like we were drinking in the majaraja's...
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife, sister-in-law and I had planned to go out for an early dinner in Jodhpur, only to find out when we arrived at the restaurant at 6:15 pm that it didn't open until 7:30. This also proved to be the case for all of the other restaurants we wanted to go to in that area, but we found Ajit Bhawan Palace quite by chance and were told that their restaurant was open for dinner, so in we walked along their driveway and into a beautiful peaceful space. The hotel is large but we had no difficulty finding our way to the restaurant, where we were told that we could have drinks and snacks by the swimming pool, as the evening buffet would not be ready for another 20 minutes. So we enjoyed the ambience of the pool and then walked down to have dinner. We all chose European items from the a la carte menu as a change from our three-week long diet of Indian food, and then had delicious desserts. We were entertained throughout our meal with a very polished performance of Rajasthani music played by a group of five musicians. Our meal came to less than CAN$20 per person.

We enjoyed our dinner so much that we came back the next morning for the buffet breakfast. This was not quite as good as dinner, but still quite satisfactory.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

it is one of the best hotel to stay , if you visit jodhpur for a day or two.
the location is very good ,little away from the downtown.. but near to the airport.
for the price you pay, you get all the amenities which you expect.. and the food ,both indian veg, and non veg.
is very good.
i would definately recommend this over umaid bhavan palace.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ajit Bhawan? Share your experiences!