“I was told Hem means gold, that's true!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hem Guest House

You added Hem Guest House to your Saves list
Hem Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Near Keshariya Nath Jain Temple Daftariyon Ka Mohalla | Moti Chowk, Jodhpur 342001, India   |
Ranked #17 of 150 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Varese, Italy
“I was told Hem means gold, that's true!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've been in this guest house in November 2012. I spent two nights with this lovely family and I enjoyed it very much. First of all, the guest house is in the deep centre of the old Jodhpur, at walking distence from most of the attractions. Our room was quite large, clean and very colourful, and I wish we had more like this in our staying in India... They also have a lovely rooftop restaurant with a gorgeous sight on the Mehrangarh Fort. I've been in other rooftops in Jodhpur, but the Hem's one was my favourite for the angle on the fort and I took great pictures from there.
As I said people are very helpful and give you plenty of information about the city and how to reach the main landmarks. Moreover I had a chance to have a cooking lesson with Miss. Hem, and it had been absolutely lovely!
The only glitch was that it's quite near a temple, and at 5.00 a.m. we were awaken by the drums of the temple. The room was on the street and any time a motorbike passed by the window you could hear them blowing their damn horn. At 6.00 a guy started walking around the street screaming like a crazy (he was selling some sort of tea).
So, inspite the bad sleep quality, I suggest this place if you can find a room far from the street!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Extremely friendly Jain family runs the guesthouse!

The brothers are both extremely helpful and look out for your best interests. Because it is in the old city, it is very loud - pretty much all through the night. We had a ground floor room with no natural light, which was the only downfall other than the noise. It would be better to have a room on an upper floor so you can have a window and be away from the noisy street.

The restaurant is very tasty! Hem makes delicious veg Indian food!

Overall, room was clean and wifi fast, very friendly service and walking distance to everything!

• Stayed March 2013
Dobrich, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Good and quiet location, Clean rooms, super view from the rooftop to Mehrnagarh Fort with delicious food. Mom Hem is a celebrity woman with incredibly family. The most pleasant place which we stayed during our 5 week trip around India - we felt as we are in our mom's home!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at Hem guest house for one night in Nov'12. This is a family run guest house located in the heart of the city
Pros
------
- Nice place with all basic amenities
- A terrace cafe with a magnificent view of Jodhpur Castle
- Jain family is very helpful in all aspects

Cons
-------
- Approach is through small lanes. You may find it bit difficult to reach there on your own.
- Rooms are located on first and second floor so if are travelling with someone who can not climb stairs, this would be a concern.
- We faced some water supply problem and had to wait for half an hour before everything was back to normal.

Overall, a good place to stay and definitely very good people to interact with.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are bigger.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hem guest house is a rare place. Quite simply the family who run it are the nicest people we ever met in india. Very fairly priced, the family will go out of their way to try and help you.rooms are great, neat and very well done. Cannot recommend this place enough. The only place to stay in Jodpur

Room Tip: The upper rooms are best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at Hem's for two nights and the family could not have been more helpful. The rooms are tiny but adequate and it has a great location, within walking distance of the fort. The food is spectacular. The only drawback was the family sleep on the floor outside the room which I found a bit distressing - we left early in the morning and had to step over sleeping bodies. The other issue was that they tried to claim commision from a supplier for an activity that I had arranged myself, which I was very angry about as that is dishonest. Apart from that it is a very inexpensive place to stay, the family is helpful and the food is sensational.

Room Tip: Chhoose 2nd floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Xinbei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

1.Until now I believe I made a right choice to stay Hem Guest House in Jodhpur though my wife said a dog barked sometimes at nights (not Hem’s dog).
2.My wife and I arrived at Jodhpur Train Station. Though our train delayed for half an hour, Vipin Jain, one of the owners of the Hem Guest House was waiting for us and welcomed us at the platform. (We were not so lucky in Jaipur , another city in India. We waited for no man to pick us up when our train delayed.)
3.When my wife and I left for Jaisalmer , Rishi Jain, one of the owners of Hem Guest House, helped us buy the bus tickets without charging extra fee. We also got very nice seats.
4.We stayed there for three nights and got lots of helps and benefit even the Indian homemade cake for my wife’s birthday gift.
5.Don’t worry about anything if you want travelling in Jodhpur. Contact the two brothers, Rishi and Vipin Jain at Hem Guest House. They will help you.
這家旅館服務真的很親切,即使火車誤點,他們依然在月台等候,信守承諾來接我們(我們在Jaipur的旅館就沒這麼好了,同樣是夜晚,火車誤點,但一下火車,沒人幫忙,沒有當地手機,可想像當初的心情)。我們離開前往Jaisalmer 時,Rishi Jain 還幫我們買車票,我們的位子很好,沒有西曬問題,不知道是不是他的特別考慮,總之,這兩位兄弟,很努力地經營他們的旅館,也很用心經營他們的旅館,真的需要大家的鼓勵。

Room Tip: Write an email to ask Rishi Jain to arrange a good room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hem Guest House? Share your experiences!