“Memories of a lifetime” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kothi Heritage

You added The Kothi Heritage to your Saves list
The Kothi Heritage
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Bachraj Ji Ka Bagh, 9th Chopasani Road | Sardarpura , Behind HDFC Bank,, Jodhpur 342003, India   |
Ranked #11 of 151 Jodhpur B&B and Inns
Pune, India
“Memories of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This review was long due and well deserved.
We (me and wife) arrived at Kothi Heritage on the eve of 1 dec 2012, We were greeted by the owner Mr Darpan Singhvi and a welcome drink in the majestic lobby. It was at this time that I realised I'd dropped my iPhone in the tuk-tuk that we'd arrived in. And to my horror, the tuk-tuk was now nowhere to be seen. I was visibly devastated. I told the hotel staff about it and they assured me that they'd help me out in every way possible. They sent one of their employees and the night-manager with me to search for the tuk-tuk in the area from where we'd hired it. We searched and searched and searched. The night manager (who was a local from that area) made calls to various rickshaw stands in the area. We, however; couldn't trace the tuk-tuk but I was truly overwhelmed by the extent to which these guys were helping me out. DIsappointed, I got back to my cozy and spacious room at the hotel. The buffet breakfast next morning in the lawn was filling and refreshing. We then continued on our trip around town. After about 2-3 hours, the owner Mr Singhvi called me up and said that the iPhone had been found. I couldn't believe it !!! It turned out that the owner(using his influence with the local police authorities) had tracked the tuk-tuk and recovered the phone.
I am deeply touched by the care, concern and help extended to me during my stay...It helped me continue on my journey with a smile. WIll always remember this !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
staffordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

What a lovely hotel this is we only stayed here for 1 night .The owners were very nice we were given a upgrade room . Wow when the door was open what a beautiful room large size and very big bathroom. The breakfast was buffet and it was very nice there was plenty to eat it was in a small garden out side ,This is one of the best hotels we stayed in would have liked to have had an other night..Had a good nights sleep in a lovely bed the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Gorgeous property run by extremely nice people! They upgraded our rooms when we arrived and even gave us a spare room for a few hours to relax after our official check out. The service was at its best from all staff members. The breakfast was great and was outdoors. Make sure you roam around the property to see how beautiful it is! You can easily find autos outside the hotel to take you to the markets and other places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed in India for 15 days and during the course of that time, stayed in 9 different hotels in 9 separate areas of the country. We have also traveled the world and been many places but have rarely received service like we did at the kothi heritage in jodhpur! The staff is beyond hospitable, friendly and kind. The service and quality of accommodations are better then a 5 star! I would come back to India just to feel this kind of treatment! It made our stay perfect! They are a great staff in a great location and the property is breathtaking! I would recommend this place to family friends and loved ones! If u are ever in india. . . Don't miss it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very beautiful hotel, run by a lovely and very helpful family. It was the best place we staying in India (even better than the Taj hotel).
The buffet breakfast was lovely and the room was beautiful and clean

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel was a bit far from the sights (I believe it took us 20-30 mins to drive from Mehrangarh fort to the hotel), but was still a good choice. We were greeted at the entrance with fresh flower garlands and a welcome drink (fruit juice). The hotel was very clean and had really interesting decor, you can tell they spent a lot of time looking for the pieces and that was really cool.

We had booked a room for four and we were shown a large room with one large bed. We didn't realize that a four person room meant they would bring two cots into the large room, that was not what we expected especially since they call the large room a "suite" but it is not what is considered a suite in the US. However, we were only there for one night so it worked out ok. We had dinner at the hotel which was ok and breakfast in the garden the next morning which was pretty good.

I found the hotel to be really interesting, especially it's decor which was really great, and always appreciate a very clean hotel. The roof had some sort of little store, there wasn't anyone there, but they had a bunch of stuff you could look through and buy. If you go to the very top part of the roof, you can see Mehrangarh Fort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a budget accommodation. Slightly away from the main attractions. Stayed at the Ground Floor Room. The room was good, but was within the area from where the stairs to the upper floors begin. Hence was not in a good location. I assume the upper floor rooms would be good both in terms of design & privacy. The breakfast was reasonable with good options. The food served at the restaurant was fairly priced. Given the price we paid for the hotel, overall a recommendable property if you can ensure a higher floor room.

Room Tip: Higher Floor Rooms