“Best stay till now...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fifu

You added Hotel Fifu to your Saves list
Hotel Fifu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Opposite Nagar Palika | Opp. Nagarpalika, Jaisalmer 345001, India   |
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Jaisalmer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
“Best stay till now...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My stay in Hotel Fifu was one of d best stays till now...
I've fallen in love wid d place...!!
never seen people giving so much detail about history of every place with so much interest...
I truly recommend Hotel fifu..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The combination of the charming, welcoming and comfortable Hotel Fifu with the knock out beauty of the Jaiselmer Fort has been the highlight of my journey throughout Rajasthan. The hotel and the town are quiet, peaceful and genuinely friendly! Such a pleasant change from other parts of the region where it feels as if you are only seen as a dollar sign for the many sharks that abound! The hotel is an easy 10 minute walk from the fort entrance or a 30 rupee tuk tuk ride. As mentioned below, the rooms are not large but they are really attractive with window seats and a very nicely appointed bathroom. They are also spotlessly clean and have a tv with a wide choice of English channels - a big treat! I also strongly recommend the food in the roof top restaurant, which has lovely views across to the fort. Thank you Mr Fifu - you and your staff have made me feel so welcome - much appreciated!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had an amazing time in Jaisalmer and part of it was because of the sweet and helpful staff at Fifu hotel. I’m a female and I traveled by myself in Rajasthan, I didn’t have a problem at all in Jaisalmer, I arrived at midnight to the hotel and my confirmed reservation said that the check in was at 3pm, however a nice boy opened the door to me and gave me my room right away! Next morning I had a delicious breakfast at their restaurant that is on the roof, I was able to see the Fort and the gorgeous yellow color of the desert .. by the way, dinner at the restaurant is fantastic, the fort at night is unbelievable! I only stayed 4 days but the staff organized a couple of tours for me, including a camel ride … my stay was great! I totally recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed in hotel Fifu for two nights in a comfortable if smallish room. We found the people who run the hotel to be very friendly and helpful.They arranged for a camel ride in the desert which was unexpectedly much more fun that I had anticipated. The rooftop restaurant is a very nice place to sit and has lovely views of the fort. Actually I really enjoyed my whole experience in Jaisalmer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

There is a reason why hotels such as Hotel Fifu receive top tripadvisor awards year on year.I am a well travelled doctor and had been touring through Rajasthan with my wife from the UK. We spent two days in Jaisalmer having journeyed by train from Jodhpur.

We were able to see and do so much in such a short space of time because of the care taken by the staff. and yet felt relaxed because of the wonderfully decorated traditional rooms with views of the everchanging fort, wonderful food and warm desert hospitality. During our holiday around Rajasthan, we had stayed at many luxury hotels, including several five star hotels, but count our stay at the Hotel Fifu as one of the best. Some of the facilities even put some of the high end hotels to shame such as free always on internet and free pick up and drop off at the station.

The hotel may not be to everyone's taste, for instance those who want a city-centre location or those who require assistance climbing stairs, but when you put together the low price, individually designed rooms and personalised care, Hotel Fifu puts together a comprehensive package for travellers wishing to get a special stay in the desert city of Jaisalmer.

Room Tip: Ask to choose a deluxe room with a view of the fort. Some of these rooms come with an extra lounge...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
French Lick, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I traveled with my husband. It's two night in jaisalmer at great hotel fifu. very clean hotel with so friendly staff. And owner Ani is great guide of town and very polite person in hotel. It was great time in hotel fifu and i recommend to every one to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We spent a couple of nights in this fantastic hotel. The facade is gorgeous, as are the rooms. Lots of character and nicely decorated. We had the family room, room 108 located upstairs. It had a firm bed with lots of soft pillows and gorgeous locally made bedspread. It has the traditional yellow brick you'll find throughout Jaisalmer. There was good air conditioning in our room. Bathroom was small-ish but adequate and you do need to turn on the hot water switch 10 mins prior to showering to get hot water, which is not a big deal.

THere is an included breakfast which consists of eggs, toast, fruit and juice. The restaurant is rooftop and wonderfully pleasant with a lovely view of the fort and the city. There is a little corner for reading with a selection of books. There is also wifi available and was actually one of the few places in India where it was reliable enough that we could skype with our kids back home. Laundry services are also available, and prices were very reasonable, we did use this service ourselves.

The hotel location is on the outskirts of the city, however the city is quite small and it's only about a 10-15 min walk to anywhere in town.

The staff here were incredible, very helpful and lovely. Even the owner checked in with us twice personally to make sure everything was to our liking, which we appreciated a great deal.

A great stay and we would definately recommend this hotel to others. Do note though, there are no elevators here so if you have trouble with stairs, you may want to take this into consideration.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Fifu? Share your experiences!