“My favourite guesthouse in India ” 5 of 5 stars

Nomads Guest House
Shiv Road | near Golden Fort, Jaisalmer 345001, India   |
Ranked #4 of 118 Jaisalmer B&B and Inns
Malta
“My favourite guesthouse in India ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked a room at Nomads on the strength of its TripAdvisor rating, and wasn't disappointed!

The room was clean and comfortable, the views from the upstairs rooms and rooftop restaurant stunning and, best of all, co-owners Aladdin and Alex are extremely friendly and helpful.

We also booked a desert safari with Nomads, and enjoyed every second. Guide Hussain and his team steered clear of all the other hordes of camel - riding tourists and cooked us some fantastic food under the desert moonlight.

I'd highly recommend Nomads - in four months of travelling India I've yet to meet staff as great as Aladdin and his team.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

My time in jaisalmer could not have been better thanks to this lovely guest house. From the moment Aladin picked me up from the bus stand and brought me back to nomads for a welcome cup of chai I felt totally relaxed. Rooms are basic but nicely furnished and comfortable and the rates are very reasonable (possibly too reasonable!) Alex and aladin always seemed to be on hand when needed to answer any questions I had and to suggest the best shops etc to visit. The biggest thing for me though was the great rooftop restaurant with views of the fort, it has to be the most social rooftop in rajasthan with the guests sitting around chatting in the evenings with alex and aladin. The chef here is fantastic and everything I ate was delicious. I booked a jeep and camel safari with nomads and it will remain a treasured memory forever. They take you away from the usual overcrowded touristy spots and I can't recommend it highly enough. Finally, when I left i had to catch my bus at 6am. One of the staff, Fatan, brought me a cup of chai at 530am and walked me to the bus stop to make sure I got the right bus. It's these little touches that make somewhere special and this is a really special guest house! I only hope I get to return to Jaisalmer one day to see them all again.

• Stayed February 2014
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed with my mother and my younger brother at Nomads guest house for a total of 3 nights. I had a wonderful time and within three days it became my favourite place to crash. My mother and my brother loved the place too. When we arrived at Jaisalmer, our host Alladin waited for us with a smile and warmth. I knew at that time that I had made the right decision.As soon as we entered the room, my first expression was 'wow'. It was neat and clean,smelling nice with really clean bathrooms. It felt like home away from home. The room was very simple but clean and thats what i wanted. It was too much of luxury for me for the price I paid. The hosts also took us for the amazing camel safari where they provided us with an experience which I am going to cherish for life. It was very kind of our host Alex to converse with my younger brother and give him details on sightseeing. After entire day of sightseeing it was a pleasure to sit with the hosts on their terrace and talk endlessly. you get the best view of the Jaisalmer fort from their terrace. The hosts are so friendly, honest and nice. It was very sweet of them to call us and inquire if we were fine as on the second day, three of us were on our own sightseeing, I had such a fine time relaxing at the terrace in front of the fire and enjoying the view of the fort. It was wonderful experience to meet Alex and Alladin. My hosts are what I am going to remember the most whenever I think of Jaisalmer. Duirng my entire trip to various places in Rajasthan, Nomads wins hands down. I loved it and I am surely goin to be back with lots friends and family. Thank you so much Allladin and Alex. Anyone thinking of going to Jaisalmer must stay at Nomads.- Natasha Singh Raghuvanshi

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dingle, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

To find a place where to feel comfortable and content is really important when you stay for some time in a place. Since last year when Nomads opened we stay in this small and nice Guesthouse when we have work periods in Jaisalmer.
Aladin and his wife Alex are taking so good care of their guests. You feel like with friends, and at the same time they treat you as an honoured guest.
Many of our meals we had in the rooftop restaurant. Raju the tibetan cook makes very tasty and fresh Veg, and nonveg. food. If needed you can also get a beer.
There is a fine view of the fort and only five minutes walk to the Center.
Next year we hope to be back for a new period in this home-like Guesthouse. We come here for business reasons.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed in Nomads Guest House for 3 nights and really enjoyed our time there! We arrived early in the morning (5:20 a.m.!!!) and Aladin picked us up at the railway station for free. This was a huge help as there are many people trying to trick you...
When we arrived we could immediately move into our room and take a nap ;) The room was simple but clean and perfect for travelers who don't need fancy hotels.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Aladin and Alex helped us with everything and it was very interessting to have a chat with them. Defenetly the nicest and most honest guest house owners whom we met! They also organized a wonderful camel safari for us which was an amazing experience for us!
Also the freshly made food was delicious (you should try the cashew curry and the mixed fruit muesli!!!).
During our one month trip through Rajasthan this was defenetly the best guest house we stayed in! We will come back for sure!

Room Tip: We had a basic room with attached bathroom for Rs. 300 per night. If you only need it for sleeping i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jodhpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was at Nomads. It is in a great spot with a wonderful fort view and great proximity to just about everything. The staff at nomads are marvelous and really made our stay very comfortable. Alex and Aladin went above and beyond to give us advice, arrange a camel safari, book our transportation, and over all make us feel very very welcome and relaxed. I would recommend to anyone and everyone for their stay in Jaislamar. If I am lucky enough to make it back one day I will surely stay at Nomads!

• Stayed November 2013
Rennes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had a delightful stay at Nomads Guest House. Alex and Aladin arranged a camel safari for us, and it was the most beautiful experience we had in India. We slept two nights in the desert. The rooms are clean, the terrace is cosy and has a spectacular view on the fort. This is a hassle-free no-touting no-pushing guest house, if you want to stay and relax it is perfect, if you want to arrange activites the staff will be helpful and the price is reasonable. We felt immediately at home and we even had the chance to be invited to a wedding.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nomads Guest House? Share your experiences!