“Doesn't care for your safety.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 27 Shopping in Jaisalmer
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Jai Shankar Handicrafts in majestic Rajasthan showcases Thar Desert Antique Embroidery and Textiles. The embroideries in this region of Rajasthan are impressive. Traditional wedding dresses, opium bags, and dowery bags come from desert villages and are sewn together as patch work wall hangings, bed covers and many other things by local people. The owner, Shankar Khatri, has a Diploma in Culture and Tourism and a passion for arts, so he also creates custom, one-of-a-kind designs.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Doesn't care for your safety.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm sure his wall hangings are good price, but I visited shankar for camel safari clothes in the evening and he sold me fake synthetic material costing me more than I would pay in England. I asked him if he could advise me best possible protection from the desert for three days and he sold me cheap material quickly. white yes, and covered my body but was hot to wear and let the light in. I could see my skin through the material so I knew then this is not cotton. He had no understanding how important it is for white tourists to have protection from the sun. It was not open on the day I left to tell him, not to sell this kind of material to tourists on camel safari as I was sick from the sun for 2 days after. Bad experience, poor salesman, cannot trust him. Hopefully he sees this as he asked me to review his shop after I got ripped off.

Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Enjoy shopping and good price in jaisalmer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I have a nice time with people Who work in this shop...the teller have make only for us a beautiful wall hanging for only 280 indian rupias...(3€) very good price and very nice work...the owner shankar has offer to us a very good chai and we have had very good company with him and his staff!!

Visited September 2013
Quebec City, Canada
“honest busisnes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

that was a great experience to visit shankar in his shop. he have beautiful textil and even more, he is very friendly. i got good time being there and i want to thank you for this shankar ;p
highly recomanded!

yannick from canada.

Visited September 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Quality products and conversation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Beautiful fabrics for a range of budgets and Shankar himself is reason enough to visit for a chat and a cup of chai.

Visited June 2013
darmstadt
“u want some chai?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

shankar, the owner, is just a wonderful salesman - combining good quality products with entertaining conversations and always a cup of chai. from magic bedsheets to wonderful patchwork handbags or pillow covers or simply a beautful shawl. enjoy the relaxing atmosphere in his shop and get some insight into the art of indian embroidery work!

Visited June 2012