“Great hotel and amazing managment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaisalmer Desert Haveli Guest House

Save Saved
You added Jaisalmer Desert Haveli Guest House to your Saves list
Jaisalmer Desert Haveli Guest House
In the national monument, The Golden Fort of Jaisalmer | Nr Jain Temples Campus, Jaisalmer 345001, India   |
Ranked #34 of 83 hotels in Jaisalmer
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Great hotel and amazing managment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was a good choice. The rooms are small but clean and the stuff is very helpful. We took a safari trip with them and it was really good time. IF you are comming to Jaiselmer stay in the fort... and the best place in the fort is desert havali

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I planned on staying 1 night and ended up staying 3. After being bombared by touts as usual at the bus stop, I went with Munna cos his hotel was inside the fort and was a good price. When we arrived I was quite happy with the room, very unique and cosy.

I had already done a 3 day camel safari in Bikaner, so when I explained, I was not pressured to take their camel tour. I had a relaxed 3 days in jaisalmer, Munna and abdul were very friendly and made sure I was enjoying my stay.

I decided to do an afternoon jeep safari with Munna. Make sure you bargain as hard as he does and check competitors prices. Turned out to be a great afternoon, enjoyed sunset over the dunes and the musicians and cold beer arond the camp fire.

I would recommend this place to backpackers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The stay started with an unexpected and friendly pick-up at the station. The guest house is located in a small lane in the old fort of Jaisalmer with a nice roof top terrace. The guest house is a very nice and old house and the rooms are lovingly furnished. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. We decided to go for the camel safari with Munnar for one day and one night. We spent a nice time during the safari with Munnar, his friend and the camels. We slept outside in the desert under the stars and had very tasty homemade food out there. We were satisfied with our stay and the camel safari and can recommend the guest house.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wonderful room in fort wall. I was wise to the camel safari scams 1 hour before the safari, the hotel manager came banging into the room, telling us he had made some other tourists pay 6000 ruppees each and we had to lie about our price or not go. I objected and said i would not lie for them. As a result, we were delayed and placed into a jeep that dumped us at random side stops (ordinary dirty small villages instead of any type of tour). The manager went out of his way to ruin the tour for us. I still feel i did the right thing in not becoming a scammy person for the sake of a better trip, but file this hotel under, Dishonest with a capital D. There are may guest houses inside the fort. Be mega extra careful when getting a safari and i cant recommend this hotel at all. They give all Indians a bad name.

If you would like further info about this terrible experience, including GPS tagged photos from the small cr&&py viallages they dumped us in please contact me via PM. I will be happy to warn anyone about the dangers of this hotel, and their scammy ways. (dont get sucked into the beautiful cheap rooms)

Room Tip: I dont think you could avoid getting scammed here if you tried, they went out of their way to ruin o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Noida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'd visited Desert Haveli in the second week of september 2012 with my love. Had a wonderful experience during my stay here. Homely place, good food, nice helpful and trustworthy staff. Their Desert camel safari was the most amazing, adventurous and wonderful experience. Nice restaurant in the terrace with the complete view of Jaisalmer city.
I am bound to visit this place again in nearby future because of the lovely memories I have got from here.

Thank you so much Munna Abdul, Uncle and Vyas ji. Miss you

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very homely atmosphere. people are nice and generous and very helpful in the hotel.
A wonderful DESERT sAFARI . Camel ride ,the Camels were Great. Jeep Safari on Mahindra 4*4 New jeep. A wonderful Folk Music with Dance with Rajasthani Young Girls along with Drinks and Dinner . awesome night stay in Swiss Tent and Huts in the Desert. our Guide and Coordinator Mr Munna Khan is a gem of a person. He understands the requirements of each tourist and can go to the last level to entertain the tourist. Munna Khan made oor trip to Jaisalmer a really memorable one. We really thank him for his enthusiasm and hard work . God Bless Him.

Room Tip: Best room no 106
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I suggest everyone to go for this hotel if u want to feel like prince or princess. It is advised to buy camel safari from this hotel. They offer you the best price and amazing safari, try buying overnight safari which covers few amazing villages, forts and desert. I am so amazed by the services and experience, I have experienced the unexpected. I am planning my 2nd trip to jaisalmer in december last and would be looking forward to this again.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Jaisalmer Desert Haveli Guest House? Share your experiences!