“Excellent buffet, centrally located, good service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of A' Hotel Ludhiana

You added A' Hotel Ludhiana to your Saves list
A' Hotel Ludhiana
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   148, Feroze Gandhi Market, Ferozepur Rd, Ludhiana 141001, India   |
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ludhiana
New Delhi, India
“Excellent buffet, centrally located, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

"A" Hotel is located on Ferozepur Road, in Feroze Gandhi Market-which is the financial cetre of Ludhiana, with Ludhiana Stock Exchange and most of foreign and Indian banks, financial services, insurance companies within a few yards from the hotel. Even otherwise it is centrally located near to Bus stand and railway station- getting conveyance is very easy right up to door step. In fact the main shopping centres, viz, Ghumar Mandi, Mall Road, Pakhowal road are also at walking distances. The hotel is just next to the new District Court complex and Suvidha Kendra.The first name of this hotel was Hotel Grewalz, which then became part of the Country Inn (chain) and finally "A" hotel. Still this spot is known by Grewals hotel by auto/rickshaw wallahs. The buses going to Moga and Ferozepur have a stop outside.
The 2nd good thing about this hotel is its buffet, which has variety of items at reasonable cost. The staff is very courteous and helpful. However the rooms are a bit heavily priced. Another problem with its location is the dogs that loiter around. When we were about to park our car to the right side (towards court side) of the hotel, 7-8 big dogs started barking and it seemed they were about to attack our occupants as they came out. So we just didnot take a chance and turned around and parked our vehicle at a distance. On enquiry, we came to know later that these dogs are fed the remains of the meat and non-veg dishes thrown by the hotel. It also has a party room in basement.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
We take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and providing us your valuable feedback. We have noted with pleasure that you have found our services to your complete satisfaction which is indeed most encouraging and your feedback continuously motivate us to provide you with services of the highest quality at all the time. Regarding the stray dogs issue, Firstly, Sir our staff is too threatened by these dogs, and we are not feeding them because of this. We have complained to MC many times but have got no response on this. We are also planning to shift these dogs on our level to some other place soon. Looking forward to welcoming you back at A' Hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed first time in this hotel. The hotel ambiance is good even the staff is very friendly. The rooms are great and very nicely decorated. The room service and food quality is also good.
The atmosphere is quite and full of fragrance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Greetings from A' Hotel, Ludhiana!!!

We take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and providing us your valuable feedback. We have noted with pleasure that you have found our services to your complete satisfaction which is indeed most encouraging and your feedback continuously motivate us to provide you with services of the highest quality at all the time. Looking forward to welcoming you back at A' Hotel again.

Dilmohan Singh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Very nice property. Rooms are really of large size not found in even big hotels. Bar is really nicely done with very unique design. Services were good but housekeeping was excellent. Nice place to stay when you are in this city.

• Stayed March 2012
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Greeting from A' Hotel Ludhiana !!! Thank you for taking out time for your valuable feedback. we welcome you back to the A' Hotel, Ludhiana. Looking forward to your next visit. Cheers !!
Gurgaon, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I am a regular guest at this hotel and this is what they do to a regular guest. I ordered a continental dish from room service at 9.50pm which I was told will arrive in 20-25 minutes (order taker - Ajay). I called back at 10.40pm (50 minutes have passed) and am told it will take another 5 minutes. At 10.45 I call the duty manager (Manoj) who says he will check and call back in 2 minutes. As expected there was no call back and only I had to call him back at 10.50pm. He says he will go to kitchen and check. At 11.00pm I call reception to speak to Manoj but they do not connect me saying his line is busy. I call him on his cell phone and he picks up at the last ring. I ask him the status and he says my order is leaving the kitchen - I learn that actually the order was for some other room. I now get a feeling that they don't even know what was my order. I go down to the reception at 11.10pm and fire everyone insight. I go to their kitchen and see that my order process has not even been started. When I shout at all the chefs in the kitchen they finally realise what my order was and then they started cooking. Finally, the order is delivered at 11.30pm - after I have lost half my appetite and my complete peace of mind.
I have taken a decision to stop giving any further business to this hotel and will also advise all my friends and companies in Ludhiana not to forward any business to this hotel.
No one even cared to call me to tell me that the order will be delayed and can we offer you anything else in the meantime. No customer orientation. It's the pits.

Room Tip: If you are looking for service go to a good hotel - even Ginger will be better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvience you went through last night. We accept that it was clear carelessness of Ajay who took order and strict action has been taken against him. We will be highly obliged that you will give us a chance and continue to stay with us and we assure you for our best of services. Sir you can call me at 919779900918 when you are in Ludhiana next time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

had stayed in this hotel on a business tour which got extended so had to stay overnight , just went straight without prior booking , after checking 2-3 more hotels in the same vicinity , like park plaza ,khurana intl etc.hotel was fully sold out till level 4 , and bieng a club house disco on level 6 , they dont give rooms on level 5 , cos of noise , but as we had no other option so we took a risk of taking room on level 5 , even though lobby manager advised about the party going on till wee hours of that particular night , as we checked the room we were quiete delighted by the decor n amenties and had not expected that kind of level in a city like ludhiana from a hotel not bieng among any big chain.
as we checked in we ordered some snacks in room which were quiete good but as we went down for dinner , it was totally sad experience and so was the breakfast in morning.
during breakfast time we saw the cafe full and the spread was not matching with the guests staying , and choice was very minimal and basic , hope they could improve that sector else hotel is a good stay , must try to go to the club house as i could see the creme de la creme of city coming to the club in JAGS, MERCS n AUDIS , so seemed like a happening place.

Room Tip: choose room from level 1 to 4 , if you want a sound sleep.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sir, We take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and providing us your valuable feedback. We have noted with pleasure that you have found our services to your complete satisfaction except the Dinner and Breakfast layout, we have taken your mentioned point as suggestion and assure you that there will be a change in it when you visit us next time. Do call me at 919779900918 whenever you are in Ludhiana.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Overall it is a bit tight. The costing works for it and the location. Rooms are ok, just ok. Service is not that great, food hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. The room service food is better i think. Breakfast is not upto the mark.

Verty central low priced, good for a day. Services need to be brought upto the mark, this would be a ideal spot then

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Greeting from A' Hotel Ludhiana !!! Thank you for taking out time for your valuable feedback. Sir, we have taken your point as suggestions and will definitely work on them to make us as you mentioned "Ideal Spot for Stay". Request you to give me a call at 919779900918 whenever you are in Ludhiana and staying with us. Thanks!!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We had stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago and everything was ok. Food not bad, rooms very clean, annoying cleaners ringing on your door before 7am to clean your room, despite the Do Not Disturb sign outside your door. We went back again this week as I had some work to do. My work was inside the hotel and began at 8am each morning. The first night I finished working after 9pm - had dinner, had a bath and heard some music playing at 9.30. It was quite loud disco music. I am a music lover so it didn't bother me too much. At 1.30am someone above our room started moving furniture around by scraping it across the floor for a couple of hours. At 2,00am my husband called reception to see when the music would stop as I had to be up at 6am. We were told between 3 or 4am. We moved down to the next floor where I would be working the following day to see if we could grab a couple of hours sleep down there. The sound could still be heard there as well. Eventually the music stopped at 3.30 and we managed to get 2.5 hours sleep.

The following day I could not go down for breakfast as I was too tired and needed the extra half an hour's sleep. My work began at 8am and continued to lunch time, but which time I was exhausted and needed to use my break to sleep again. I had to turn down work for that evening in order to rest. Unfortunately the music started at 10pm that night and went on until 4am the following morning.

The next day we forced ourselves to have breakfast, but when you're so tired you really don't want to eat. I had a 13 hour working day ahead of me and it was really difficult to keep going. I became more sick.

Saturday night was the worst. The music was so loud we could hear the lyrics. People who were drunk were outside our room shouting and unable to get into their own room at 2.30. The music stopped at 3.25. No breakfast for me Sunday morning - again I needed the extra 30 minutes to sleep. I spent my lunch break emailing an official complaint to the General Manager. I also mentioned that someone came to clean our room the previous day, and made up our bed without changing the sheets. A manager from housekeeping came to see if we had any problems, so we knew the email had been read. He told the guy about the sheets and the response was "so nothing serious then"!!!???

I never heard back from the General Manager. When checking out our food bill which we calculated to be 2,000+ INR was 6,500+. They had charged us (on our food bill) for an extra bed, which we didn't have. 'Are you sure?' Erm, go take a look if you don't believe us!!!

While we found the place clean, the food good (we were careful what we ate) - the customer service from management level is of the worst I have experienced and would never go back there again. There are plenty of other hotels around.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying there if you want a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at A' Hotel Ludhiana, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
First of all apologies for the all the inconveniences while your stay at our property. I’ll just explain why the rooms were not given on same floor as in your earlier stay, Madam as you knew we were totally sold out on that dates and we were even trying to find hotel nearby for your family but as rooms were not available and in some of the hotels budget was very high, so I had to request my other guest to share room with his company colleague, and by that we managed to create a room for your family, but one miscommunication was done that Front Office or rather I’ll say I didn’t informed you about the party in our Lounge on that days. I really feel sorry for that. Regarding the extra bed bill, the normal procedure is that if the 3rd occupant is above 10years of age Housekeeping automatically informs Front Office about it and breakfast and other amenities are charged accordingly, it was posted in your room but it is not charged as when next day it was reported to me, the charges were withdrawn.

I again apologize for the all difficulties and inconveniences which you went through and hope that if you are in Ludhiana next time you will definitely give us one chance to prove ourselves,

Been to A' Hotel Ludhiana? Share your experiences!