I have stayed in Hotel Pushpak several times over the last 5 years during many of my India and Bhubneswar visits. I have tried a few other hotels in Bhubaneswar. Why do I like Pushpak the most? Several reasons:
(1) Excellent location. I say this again and again. Very close to many tourist places like the Orissa State Museum, temples (my favorites are Mukteswar & Lingaraj Temples), close to several banks (Axis Bank is right next to the hotel), and many nearby dining options (within 1.5 km / 1 mile). Buses and cabs are readily available from the hotel. And several government offices and NGO are within easy reach. Rs. 15 ( less than $1) cab / auto's can take you to half of Bhubaneswar.
(2) Friendly staff. Over the last 5 years I have seen the service gone up. They seems to getting better staff all the time and old staffs are well trained. I had a problem with one room during my last visit - just a toilet issue - i called the front desk and they sent people to check it out. They moved me to another room next door immediately.
(3) Complimentary breakfast & Complimentary Pickup or Drop - I have used this feature several times by booking through hotelpushpak.com (the hotel's website). Breakfast was added a year back and I love the Indian breakfast (stuffed paratha, puri/sabji, bread/omelet, juice, milk and more). They have continental breakfast but I prefer Indian during my India visit. Also, they promptly arrange for free drop-off at airport / railway station if I booked online at hotelpushpak.com.
(4) Travel desk - Hotel has a travel desk and I have used it several times. Their rates are excellent compared to other nearby travel agents I used a few times.
(5) 4 dining options - yes, this is my favourite. Authentic Indian food served in their bar and a restaurant. Restaurant is more formal and very family oriented. I see many local as well as tourist families in the restaurant all the time. The restaurant serve all types of non-veg and veg food although my favourite is North Indian dishes. I love their mughlai dishes. Best part - prices are very reasonable compared to other restaurants I visit once a while. The hotel also has two fast food centers - I sometimes like to eat in their pure Vegetarian fast food center (I think it's called Tulsi) for a change and it costs less than their main Restaurant.
(6) Rooms - most rooms are good size for the budget price I like to pay. Recently I visited with my family and tried their 3-Bed a/c rooms - which is more spacious and I paid just Rs. 200 more than the double bed room. I would book this room in future even if it's just me without family. Recently they added some new category of suite rooms for a higher price. I upgraded my last 2 days of stay to these premium rooms and I loved it. 4-5 star quality rooms at budget price.
(7) Free Internet - I do not like to pay for my internet. And Pushpak gives it away for free. The signal is good most of the time except once at night when there server was down for an hour. Nothing major though.
These are some of the reasons why I love to stay with Pushpak. I think there are some areas where they can improve. I wish they had a 24 hour cafe for late nighter's like myself. But anyway, most hotels in this price range do not. I instead use their 24 hour room service to order late night tea/coffee to my room.
Overall, very good stays all the time. I would highly recommend my friends and families to stay here when they visit Bhubaneswar. I wish you a pleasant stay in Bhubaneswar.
- Also Known As:
- Pushpak Hotel Bhubaneswar
- Hotel Pushpak Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 50+ Years Experience - Quality service Hotel Pushpak is one of the most renowned hotels in Bhubaneswar with over 50 years experience in serving its guests. We know your needs better than most others. Our choice of hotels ensures that our guests get one of the best hotels in the locality within their budget. Our guest service people are prompt in answering your questions and taking care of all your needs and ensuring that you are pleased with your decision to stay with us. We are one of the few Bhubaneswar hotels recommended by the world famous 'Lonely Planet Travel Guide'.Location: Domestic Airport: 3 km and Railway Station: 1 Km Should you require assistance please feel free to get in touch with me or with any one of my colleagues. We thank you for choosing our hotel, while promising to make your visit a comfortable and memorable one.With Warm Regards!!!___________SANJIT KAR[General Manager] ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and MakeMyTrip so you can book your Hotel Pushpak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.