I stayed at the Mayfair Convention, a hotel in the same chain directly across the road from Lagoon but much cheaper (6000r and 9000r respectively). All Convention guests are entitled to use the Lagoon's facilities (pool, gym, restaurants, but not breakfast), or at least I was never stopped from doing so. I stayed at the Lagoon for one night before I moved to Convention, and found the Lagoon rooms to be luxury for India, but somewhat shabby, kitschy, slightly old-fashioned and too big. Convention rooms were ultra-modern, having LED TVs with Tata Sky, state-of-the-art lighting and plumbing, and softer beds, though no balconies. Convention staff were also friendlier to Westerners than Lagoon. Lagoon did, however, serve excellent food in its five restaurants (Chinese, South Indian, North Indian, Oriya, and a Tea Room) but it wasn't cheap. The attached bakery/cake shop, however, was heavenly and extremely cheap. The nightclub (10 Downing Street) was closed for renovation but the English pub (Baron and Baroness) was passable, and stayed open past 11pm with some persuasion of the staff. Where Lagoon excels is in weddings. They handled the very different requirements of both an Oriya and a Punjabi wedding superbly; decorations were beautiful and staff were extremely attentive. However, I was always glad to return to the simplicity and friendliness of the Convention after a night at the opulent but off-putting Lagoon. Finally, the grounds are worth a mention: an authentic 1940s twin-prop plane, large (and explicit) model of a decorated elephant, several fake tigers, and a floating fibreglass crocodile in the lagoon really make you feel as though you're in Indiana Jones territory. The grounds are indeed beautiful.
- Also Known As:
- Mayfair Lagoon Hotel
- Mayfair Lagoon Bhubaneswar
- Mayfair Lagoon Hotel Bhubaneswar
- Mayfair Lagoon Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being an ever-shining gem in the ocean of Odisha Hospitality Industry, MAYFAIR Lagoon is a 5-star deluxe resort/hotel at the prime location of the city. The luxury hotel in Odisha is a perfect gateway for both leisure and business tourists in the capital city of Odisha. well-equipped, spacious and fully furnished 96 rooms, different food courts, restaurants and bars, spa, fitness center, health club, lagoon for boating, landscaped gardens and tranquility speak all about the royal lifestyle, luxury and pleasant stay.MAYFAIR Lagoon has a large lagoon, open area for grand events like wedding, landscaped garden, and a lot more to accommodate in heavenly settings. Located in the heart of the city with a close proximity to Airport, MAYFAIR Lagoon is the most favored Five Star Deluxe Hotel in Bhubaneswar. Complementing Odisha's biggest convention center, MAYFAIR Convention, this Resort offers the best for Business as well as Leisure Travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mayfair Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.