Bhubaneswar is not exactly a small town. But it is nowhere near many other state capitals and even non-capital Indian cities like Coimbatore, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Indore and Agra etc. So the presence of a class hotel like Mayfair Lagoon in this city surprises and overwhelms visitors.
What is most impressive about this hotel is the space. Spread over a vast space of several acres, the hotel campus boasts of waterbodies (apart from swimming pool) , walking tracks , temple and even a sort of mini-forest. You can hear the birds chirping and the water splashing as you come out of the room for a leisurely stroll . Donot be surprised if you lose your way inside the hotel amidst its numerous lanes , tracks , corridors and the like.
Another surprise element is the lack of vertical spread. The hotel is more horizontal than vertical for its vast size . It has just one floor above the ground floor , like a magical palace from the pre-elevator era.
Then again , the variety of rooms , suits and cottages available in the hotel will impress any guest. The most impressive are the cottages with one side facing an inhouse lake. There is also a water fountain inside a pond. One can hear the pleasing sound of splashing water while walking on the lengthy corridors.
A guest who just stays in his room and checks out has not really seen the hotel. One must discover the hotel by moving everywhere inside , both indoor and outdoor. There are several beautiful stauettes , artworks and artefacts all over the place . Set in very strategic locations. they are numerous but non-repeatative. There are four or five restaurants and bars including two theme restaurants ; one for chinese food and the other a replicated road-side punjabi eatery called 'Nakli Dhaba' . Food quality was quite good although the breakfast was a somewhat subdued affair.
The hotel ferries its guests from the reception area to the cottages in electric cars . There are many rooms in the main building which will not need such transportation. There are also conference halls of various sizes and an open-air wedding reception area.
The hotel is located in a plush location surrounded by few other star hotels of the city. There is plenty of open space both inside and outside. The hotel campus seems to start from a nearby highway , but actually it doesn't. Somehow the approach road appears to be a part of the hotel with well maintained parking slots on bothsides of the road.
If the existence of this hotel in a lesser known state capital is a surprise , then it must also be told that the room tariff is also stiff for Bhubaneswar.
- Also Known As:
- Mayfair Lagoon Hotel
- Mayfair Lagoon Bhubaneswar
- Mayfair Lagoon Hotel Bhubaneswar
- Mayfair Lagoon Bhubaneswar, Orissa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being an ever-shining gem in the ocean of Odisha Hospitality Industry, MAYFAIR Lagoon is a 5-star deluxe resort/hotel at the prime location of the city. The luxury hotel in Odisha is a perfect gateway for both leisure and business tourists in the capital city of Odisha. well-equipped, spacious and fully furnished 96 rooms, different food courts, restaurants and bars, spa, fitness center, health club, lagoon for boating, landscaped gardens and tranquility speak all about the royal lifestyle, luxury and pleasant stay.MAYFAIR Lagoon has a large lagoon, open area for grand events like wedding, landscaped garden, and a lot more to accommodate in heavenly settings. Located in the heart of the city with a close proximity to Airport, MAYFAIR Lagoon is the most favored Five Star Deluxe Hotel in Bhubaneswar. Complementing Odisha's biggest convention center, MAYFAIR Convention, this Resort offers the best for Business as well as Leisure Travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mayfair Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.