“An old property” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 202 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“An old property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This property is in a good location & must have been glorious when made years back. In todays scenario it seems out of place. The rooms are big but the carpet, furniture, fittings etc. give you a nostalgic feeling when compared to the latest trends in the hotels.
The bathroom needs to be better ventilated & fittings spruced up.
The service & food is okay. The lobby is the best & gives a nice feeling.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I travelled to this hotel recently. The best thing about this hotel is the location. Very conveniently located just near MG Road and SGS mall it is good for a family on a trip to Pune. The lobby is beautiful, the corridors well maintained, but the rooms, though, pretty big, need to be spruced up a little. The bathroom, compared to the room is small and needs to improve on the toiletry. Food in the restaurant was good, tasty. The sports bar had a lone person to serve and take orders.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Darius312, General Manager at Hotel Sagar Plaza, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind response, which we have noted.

We regret any inconvenience caused to you.

We are constantly in the process of improvisation of our facilities and services. While making an endovour to strive towards this end we would like to assure you that necessary action is initiated.

Sincerely

Darius Buhariwalla
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at this property last week, and I have to stay after having stayed at several 3, 4 and 5 star properties nationally and internationally this property missed the mark terribly on several accounts-

1. I had booked via an online portal, First I had to reconfirm my booking with the hotel 3 times over since they couldnt find the booking. they finally confirmed the same after my 3rd call.
2. The hotel says they provide airport transfer (which in my understanding mes 2 way airport transfer) however just as i wanted to speak to the reception on the day of my departure of the same I was told its only a one way transfer
3. the breakfast spread is sparse and tastes almost stale.
4. The most shocking was that at my checkout i was asked for a payment again, when i refused saying i had made online payment using my debit card and unlike a credit card a direct payment wasn't required, the staff seemed totally clueless. I had to leave for an appointment in a hurry so told them id be back and left my id proof and contact no. for reference. also in their bill i realised they had invoiced a lesser amount against what i had paid online, when questioned on this the staff still seemed clueless???

I finally got a call saying things are sorted.... but it doesn't end here

5. I had told them that I would come to pick up my invoice the next day, when I reached on Sunday I was told that I COULD NOT BE HANDED A COPY??? as the accounts department was on leave. I asked the woman on the at the reception for a photocopy and she said it was not Something she could do?? Even a simple coffee shop nowadays reemphasises the fact that if they dont provide the bill the meal is to be considered free.... Then what is this hotel upto?? making BLACK money??? I even spoke to the manager in question and left a note,,,but even after having been promised that i would be sent the same. I haven't heard from anyone at the hotel or received any invoice.

I honestly advice people to stay away from this PATHETIC excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Darius312, Manager at Hotel Sagar Plaza, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

At the outset we sincerely apologise for all the inconveniences caused to our esteemed guest.

Certain time lapses and system related issues did not permit us to immediately respond to the re-confirmations requested and we apologise profusely again for the request for payment. This issue was resolved with the guest and our staff on knowing the error.

Your review however is violative of certain guidelines, as some accusations without going into details have been hurled at the hotel, eg: the comment re black money !! Reputation and respect of our hotel is at stake.

An online booking thru a Travel Portal was made and during check out you requested the hotel for an invoice. For your information Online portals do not permit hotels to invoice guests directly as rates are not disclosed due to nature of these commercial transactions. Specifically the guest is invoiced by the online portal itself as payment by the guest is also made to the portal only and not to the hotel. Hotel only bills the guest for extra expenditures if any. Our staff very clearly explained this but guest views were difficult to satisfy.

We humbly apologise to our guest again !!

Darius Buhariwalla
Hotel Sagar Plaza
Bhopal, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Good pricing. Good location. Lovely atrium effect. Rooms need a bit of sprucing. The food was ok, the breakfast was good. Good value for money hotel. But rooms a bit small.I also founf the gym or fitness centre a bit cramped. The lobby has a lovely charm about it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pune
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hello
We had to conduct a 12 day professional seminar for a foreign delegation. The experience was very bad.
We were made to change our seminar room 2 times.
In the first room there was water dripping due to leakage from some AC. They had not put any sign boards, so almost anyone would peek in, The door would bang with a lot of noise.
In the second room, they had very poor furniture. Some of the tables collapsed when we shook them a little. This happened 3 times, causing injury to one of our trainer. They didn't bother doing any vacuuming during the whole program. Our guests were very upset. The hotel staff was very unprofessional, unresponsive and worthless. If u want someone to attend u, u need to make min 3 calls. Even after asking for things, improvements they never bothered. Very cocky attitude. I hate this place. Then we met the managers, he asked us to send hi e-mail and wasn't ready to listen to anything. This place is unbelievably pathetic.

Room Tip: Get another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DariusPune, Manager at Hotel Sagar Plaza, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that our guests may have faced at our hotel. We have however received a guest feedback in the form of a certificate from the group of persons who stayed at our hotel pertaining to these incidents. They jointly have profusely thanked us for the good services provided to them. A copy of this certificate can be provided on request.

We feel that the comments made are derogratory to the reputation of our hotel and must be erased.

Thnak you.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

was just there last week.
nice location, very helpful staff (helped me changed the room at mid night without a fuss)

rooms reasonably well equipped, they have some old rooms and new ones.
wht i din't really like was the room size.
the wash room in both rooms i felt is small

breakfast gd., lobby is spacious, internet did not use so can really say.
overall if room size is not a problem, once can go ahead as the tariff I feel is at par with the room size.

Room Tip: ask for the new ones..
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

i had gone with my husband and son for a weekend to pune.it is an amazing hotel to stay in pune. the best thing about the hotel is the location. it is in camp and close to my favouritplace m g road. I just love coming to pune with my family. the food of the hotreel is just amazing.rooms are too good and reasonably priced. anyone planning to come to pune should try hotel sagar plaza.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Hotel Sagar Plaza? Share your experiences!