“Good Property, needs refresh of rooms” 4 of 5 stars

The Pride Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5 University Road, Shivajinagar, Pune 411005, India   |
Ranked #50 of 202 Hotels in Pune
Gurgaon, India
“Good Property, needs refresh of rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel was chosen for proximity to seminar venue. The room I was allotted had carpet in room. This led to room having a stale smell which is very annoying. The food while dining in room was not upto the mark. Breakfast was OK, but could have been better. Complimentary airport pick-up and drop is highly appreciated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Dewan,

I would like to personally thank you on behalf of my entire team here at the The Pride Hotel, Pune for your business and feedback.

It is unacceptable that you were checked into a room with such deficiencies. We do have a regular maintenance schedule to retouch the guestrooms. We take cleanliness very seriously and I have shared your comments with my teams. It is our goal that every guest has a satisfying stay with us, and I would like to personally apologize that you did not receive our best. We also have wooden flooring rooms in our hotel, please let me know about your next visit so that we can block the same for you.

Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are planning to visit Pune . We will definitely make your next stay here with us even more enjoyable. As, it would be my pleasure to take care of you.

Associate Vice President

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I am a regular customer of this hotel. This time I stayed for a marriage here. We were there for almost four days. We had great time. It is a perfect destination for marriages. Lip-smacking food. Courteous and very Helpful Staff.
I would recommend this hotel to all who are planning a visit to Pune.
Thanks once again for a memorable stay at The Pride.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback.

I would like to thank you for your appreciation of our food. We shall most certainly share your appreciation of our staff with them which I’m sure will go a long way in motivating our staff.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at The Pride Hotel, Pune

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

It is claimed to be a five star property but the experience was not even of a three star property. The rooms were clean but fittings in the bathroom were old. In the service book in the room it was written that there will be a welcome drink on arrival and compliemntary fruits and cookies in the room. However neither was any welcome drink given nor did the room had any fruits or cookies. On calling the housekeeping I was told that fruits and cookies are given on request and for welcome drink I have to call for reception. Their intention was that ccustomers do not ask for it and they can save cost. Dinner was inlcuded in my package and I was told to have buffet at Puran Da Dhaba which was pathetic. The menu is nearly fixed on all the days with no change in starters and major dishes. The variety is also limited. I got fed up of the buffer and I asked to have ala carte at the other restaurant. However the request wwas not entertainted.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Chandhok,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of my team. We truly regret the discomfort you experienced at our hotel. Reviews like yours help us ensure we learn from our shortfalls and we assure you, we will constantly work to enhance overall guest experience.

We serve cut fruits on request just to ensure that, the guest should always receive the fresh fruits and for the same we have kept a tent card in the room We regret that you did not enjoy our food and assure you that we are working on ensuring we deliver high standards on that front..
Once again, sincere apologies from us.

Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I have been staying in this Hotel from a Long time.Highlights - excellent hospitality, very smooth check in , wonderful room with all amenities,excellent swimming pool, the food was too good. The staff are very friendly..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback.

I would like to thank you for your appreciation of our room, swimming pool,food & smooth checkin.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was on a business tour to Pune. It was a good experience at The Pride Pune. Location is really a pus point for business travellers as it is very easy to commute from my office to the hotel The staff is very helpful and polite. Rooms were comfortable and housekeeping services were quick. Food too is good and room service people were excellent in suggesting options.
Thanks to all the staff for making my business tour a comfortable one.
All the best.

Room Tip: Good Hotel, Centrally located. ask for premium room facing poolside.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from the "City of Virtue".

We would like to sincerely thank you for sharing your great feedback about your stay with us. We are delighted our staff made your experience an awesome one.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel is centrally located. The rooms are clean and neat. Check in and checkout process is quick. the only issue with the hotel is the FOOD.

In room service sucks. The person taking the order cannot understand a simple difference between a cheese toast and a cheese chilly toast. I was served burnt toast. It was taken back and the burnt part was scrapped and sent it back again by cutting it in triangles instead of sending a fresh toast sandwich. The breakfast spread is also limited and not very good in taste.

Its definitely not worth paying 4000 for a night!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Ma'am,

Greetings from the "City of Virtue".

Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to convey your feedback.

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Necessary lessons have been drawn from this incident and the Room Service department/staff has been severely reprimanded and briefed on the same.

We have also note your point regarding the Breakfast spread. Our chef your definitely work on it to improve the spread,

I assure you that this sort of negligence will not be repeated in the future for which I take personal guarantee.

Looking forward to meeting you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Warm Regards,

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We had a very good experience in "The Pride" hotel in Pune. Location was good but we didn't take advantage of it due to our short stay. The staff was always polite, helpful and smiling. Rooms were neat, clean and well-maintained. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Housekeeping was very polite, helpful and prompt in responding to requests. The food was the only thing that was uninspiring / disappointing. Breakfast was absolutely the same on both days. No change at all. The South-Indian items were not at all tasty. No syrup with the pancakes, only honey and ghee! Omelettes were cold. Suggestion would be to offer Maharashtrian specialities, not South-Indian ones.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Greetings from the "City of Virtue".

Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to convey your feedback.

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

Necessary lessons have been drawn from this incident the Chef and the service team has been severely reprimanded and briefed on the same.

Your suggestion on placing maharashtrian specialty food has also been noted. Our Executive Chef with work towards it to make it better.

Warm Regards,

Associate Vice President

Been to The Pride Hotel? Share your experiences!