“value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Orchid Pune

You added The Orchid Pune to your Saves list
The Orchid Pune
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Adjacent to Chhatrapati Shivaji Sports Complex | Pune Bangalore Highway,Mhalunge,Balewadi, Pune 411045, India   |
Ranked #49 of 202 Hotels in Pune
New Delhi, India
“value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is more good if taken as a Inn, there is no value of a five star.Buffet is good.Room service is poor and daily cleaning is just average. Location is good, staff helpful. In my opinion take is as a purely room on rent not as a Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

It was an awful experience. The rooms have lost their sheen and the walls look dirty. There was no provision to make tea. The refrigerator was taken off from the room. The linen was stained and dirty. The basic amenities weren't provided. The services were poor. If you ask me about the buffet breakfast, it was not fresh. There wasn't a weebit experience of a 5 star ecotel hotel. I must tell you guys, you need to improve. If you are on the brink of renovation please do it fast lest you suffer from reviews of disgruntled travellers.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hotel is an about 1 hour drive away from Pune airport.

Hotel is under renovation, however I doubt that it is any use.

I arrived late at night, near midnight. They gave me a room key. Unfortunately the room was not empty, as the previous occupant had not yet left. The next room on the 5th or 6th floor was totally dirty and I guess, part of the to be renovated floors. The pillow and blanket had brown staines and the couch looked totally wet / dirty / oily - don't know. Probably something that flies get stuck to.
The next room was similar. Then the next room was almost the same. Then finally a room that was slightly better. Maybe because I was very tired.

Rooms are actually quite large with a bathroom with shower and bathtub. But when you shower, then everything in the bathroom gets wet. The carpet was very dirty.

WLAN is in the lobby, but was not in the room I had. Also no minibar, nothing, not even a pencil.

Electric plugs were next to the bed and at the desk.

Electric lights could be controlled by a switch board next to the bed, from which you can also control the AC etc. Hence at night you don't turn on the light, you turn off the AC. I wish these things would be banned.

As there was a conference the breakfast was moved to the ballroom. However the doors to the room were difficult to open, hence a lot of people, including myself, had the breakfast standing up in an extension of the lobby.

The next day I moved to another hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mumbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hey just wanted to let people know how bad this hotel is espefially on the 4th and 5th floors room 1502 and 1510 was shown to me. What I found in the room was bugs, patches of some kind of spilege on the beds and carpets, extra pillows and bedcovers in the cupobord thrown on he floor, bad odour and when asked to change the room the answer is not possible. After a drive from mumbai reachin in at 11pm I checked myself out and stayed at a near by clarks inn suites for a much better and peacefull stay. Not recomended to stay at the orchids pune baner road. Disgusted by the behaviour of on duty manager. Will post pics in another review.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Awesome place to stay at a very good price, good ambience, service, rooms and food. I would say it as 'Good Deal'. Though it is little far away from the city on Bangalore Pune highway but still accessible. It has big rooms, nice decor and comfortable sleep. Service needs to be little improved, may be while I stayed there were many parties going on so the service was little delayed, but overall I am very happy with my stay with them. I would recommend this hotel for all kind of stay, business, personal or family....

Room Tip: All rooms are good, still rooms on upper floors have better view of the city.
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Let me start off by saying the staff is wonderful! I had a bout of food poisoning during my stay and they were very good to me and brought me everything I needed (including plain chicken broth) and also had a doctor on the premises. The food and service was truly excellent! Now, unfortunately, there are some cons which lead to me think this hotel should not be considered five star. Some parts of the hotel were quite dirty and run down looking, there were several mosquitoes in my room which made me miserable while I was trying to sleep because they were biting me and flying in my ears. As I said, I was very ill during my stay so I was confined to my room, and there was no options for watching movies or anything like that. And probably the worst part was that every night I stayed there was a wedding in the hotel....there was no consideration for other guests. The music would be incredibly loud with very heavy base and it would literally be shaking my room. This would continue until 10 or so at night. I feel that at any other five star hotel, this would not happen.

I think this is a good place to stay, with a great staff....but they should not be charging 5-star prices.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

The place itself is nice not bad...but the service is more than terrible..they forgot to clean my room once in my three nights stay. Another day they forgot to put soap bars, shampoo and tissues. They never removed the trash from my room. They never cleaned the bathroom. Their buffet is terribely bad, not a single choice of international food. A five stars hotel and they don't even have any cheese or any ham or juice on the breakfast buffet. They claim that they have a gym but it's basically a room with a treadmill and 2 other equipments all broken down not working.
It's the worst stay for myself in a hotel. Simply unprofessional

• Stayed December 2012

Been to The Orchid Pune? Share your experiences!