“Pune Sightseeing - If Only I could tell You...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 12 Tours & Activities in Pune
Kathmandu
44 attraction reviews
“Pune Sightseeing - If Only I could tell You...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Now, it would be real swelly if I could gaff to you a while about the wonders of my journey from a kennel in swamped-out Mumbai to the bootilicious city of Pune. Pune is, after all, the home of the Osho Bhagwan Meditation Resort and was once upon a time the birthplace of the great gangster, Shivaji–––the heroic, Maratha bigman of the Hindu warrior wallahs.
If only I could tell you how much I’d enjoyed ogling the confluence of the Mutha and Mula rivers and the Shaniwar Palace and Pataleshvara goofy-caves, as well as The Empress Botanical gardens, where shy, illicit lovey-doveys gather in the deep shadow pools beneath the tropical banyan trees. Not to mention all the cool and fancy cafes, nightclubs and trend-D wine bars on the MG Road.
Unfortunately it was raining so much, I can't, but I'm sure in better weather these sights all would be wonderful. Nice place.

Visited July 2011